• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not suggesting this but for discussion

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
Imagine the US - with or without allies participating but at least agreeing - announced that Putin must withdraw from Ukraine.

That his forces have - a number like 3 or days - to withdraw. During that time, the US will build a conventional force on Ukraine's border.

Russia will be told that the US will not initiate the use of nuclear force. But at the deadline, any Russian forces remaining in Ukraine are subject to attack. And then do it.

Who would not support this in the world? It would defend peace. It would protect an innocent country and set a precedent for not allowing aggression globally. It would have a deterrent effect such as China invading Taiwan. It would give Putin warning and no legitimate excuse to use nuclear weapons - but not to allow to use their threat to blackmail the world.

I like it but I believe it would take a lot longer than a few days to mobilize and transport the men and munitions needed to carry out such a demand. We'd need at least 100k troops and thousands of support vehicles, ammunition bunkers, etc. to say nothing of hundreds of attack planes and helicopters. More like 2-3 weeks at minimum I would think.

But I like the strategy. Ukraine needs to be given back to the Ukrainians.

It’s impossible to field a force big enough to do the job in three days.

But assuming we could there’s a good chance it would go nuclear.

Russia loses in a stand up fight with us. I’m not convinced Vlad is playing with a full deck and would go home with his tail between his legs.

For discussion​

How many US military deaths are acceptable?

Imagine the US - with or without allies participating but at least agreeing - announced that Putin must withdraw from Ukraine.

That his forces have - a number like 3 or days - to withdraw. During that time, the US will build a conventional force on Ukraine's border.

Russia will be told that the US will not initiate the use of nuclear force. But at the deadline, any Russian forces remaining in Ukraine are subject to attack. And then do it.

Who would not support this in the world? It would defend peace. It would protect an innocent country and set a precedent for not allowing aggression globally. It would have a deterrent effect such as China invading Taiwan. It would give Putin warning and no legitimate excuse to use nuclear weapons - but not to allow to use their threat to blackmail the world.
I think NATO is waiting for the time to come.

For discussion​

How many US military deaths are acceptable?
Or you'll end up a bunch of pansies.

If you put all your troops on a Country, you should expect to lose all of them.

It’s easy to imagine what you suggest, it includes Russia using nuclear on US forces and the Ukraine in response…and then kicking of WW3.

Not *really* something anyone wants.

Sure if we demand that soldiers not wishing to put their lives at stake can bow out and be given a safe support position.

Putin and Trump have much in common = both are vindictive, unable to restrain themselves, lie with gusto and cannot be trusted.

Sure IF the USA covert action teams can discover a means to disable the Russian nuke machine as in make it impossible to work. We don't want to boast about it just quietly know it can be done.

Sure if NO killing of innocent men, women and children is enforced. Most general populations in the world have no use for war.

The boyz at the Pentagon and NATO are likely hashing out all kinds of scenarios as we type.

Wish there was some way to put a 'bin laden' on the filthy little russian madman's ass... ⚰️

It’s easy to imagine what you suggest, it includes Russia using nuclear on US forces and the Ukraine in response…and then kicking of WW3.

Not *really* something anyone wants.
Understandable concerns, but is Putin far enough gone in the head to initiate the use of nukes knowing that it would result in the utter decimation of every habitable portion of his country?

Ok, just for discussion, I'd say an unknown goes in covert, and play Putin, with Putin. Just a wee bit of say, a deadly substance in ones coffee. Maybe we could get some previously poisoned victims out to help with the job. :) But, that would be bad, and I don't condone it at all. :)

Like he needs a legitamate excuse to use nukes. He may be suffering mentally that is leading to his actions lately.

You gamble to risk 6000 nukes raining on us that he isn't crazy or blinded by pride?

Back
Top Bottom