• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not Qualified For Obamacare's Subsidies? Just Lie

trfjr

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
Govt. To Use 'Honor System' Without Verifying Your Eligibility

If you thought the delay in the employer mandate was bad news for Obamacare, just wait. On Friday, Sarah Kliff and Sandhya Somashekhar of the Washington Post discovered that the Obama administration had buried in the Federal Register the announcement that the government won’t be able to verify whether or not applicants for Obamacare’s insurance exchange subsidies are actually qualified for the aid, in the 16 states that are setting up their own exchanges. Instead, until at least 2015, these states will be able to “accept the applicant’s attestation [regarding eligibility] without further verification.”
Not Qualified For Obamacare's Subsidies? Just Lie -- Govt. To Use 'Honor System' Without Verifying Your Eligibility - Forbes

Obama care is going to collapse under its own weight if it doesn't collapse this nation first
It has to be the worse legislation ever in the history of man

Last edited:
The primary purpose of PPACA is to get ever more voters hooked on gov't susbsidies, thus ensuring that the party of generousity (with other peoples' money) will maintain power forever. The secondary purpose of PPACA is to force "private" medical care insurance to do whatever the gov't says that it must. Real medical care reform would start by considering the cash value of employer paid medical care insurance benefits as taxable income to the employee. Placing a profit making third party into everyone's medical care "options" is simply insane.

the state exchanges were going to be partly paid for by one who join who will pay for their insurance, but if every one who joins get it for free who is going to pay for it? the state? looks like the states who refused to set up an exchange were the smart ones they wont be getting stuck with the bill

Well I can divorce my wife, pay myself in her name and get free health insurance, or you know, keep paying for the thing I have always paid for.

Not Qualified For Obamacare's Subsidies? Just Lie -- Govt. To Use 'Honor System' Without Verifying Your Eligibility - Forbes

Obama care is going to collapse under its own weight if it doesn't collapse this nation first

the ultimate result will be what should have happened initially
the system will be a government funded single payer system
this is step two

and those states, which refuse to establish a state exchange will see their talented youth move to the states with exchange systems. this will have huge negative economic consequences for the foolish revolting states, like mine,

the ultimate result will be what should have happened initially
the system will be a government funded single payer system
this is step two

and those states, which refuse to establish a state exchange will see their talented youth move to the states with exchange systems. this will have huge negative economic consequences for the foolish revolting states, like mine,

and all the good paying companies move to the states with no exchange because rates will be alot cheaper and being a better business environment. just ask Texas and the companies that left California to move to Texas

and all the good paying companies move to the states with no exchange because rates will be alot cheaper and being a better business environment. just ask Texas and the companies that left California to move to Texas

watch what happens
those states with exchanges will be like the other industrial nations where the employer is not weighed down with health insurance coverage
the young talented people - where they are able - will move to the states with exchange coverage
again, watch and get back to me with your observations when the exchanges become operational

Heck I say we all go on the "barter" system, claim zero income and get our healthcare paid for by the gubbermint.

watch what happens
those states with exchanges will be like the other industrial nations where the employer is not weighed down with health insurance coverage
the young talented people - where they are able - will move to the states with exchange coverage
again, watch and get back to me with your observations when the exchanges become operational

people move to follow jobs not to follow insurance name one time there was ever migration caused by insurance

watch what happens

I think you may be the one who is surprised.... health insurance is pretty low on the priority list for most under 30.

Heck I say we all go on the "barter" system, claim zero income and get our healthcare paid for by the gubbermint.

Barters are taxable events that impute income.

All part of the plan. The left will ride in on white horses and save the day by replacing Obamacare with a single payer system. Looks like the plan is working perfectly.

Back
Top Bottom