• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not just sorting machines, but USPS drop boxes are being removed as well

Airyaman

New Druid
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
So the word is out that at least 671 sorting machines will be removed from various USPS facilities in the coming months. Now it seems, DeJoy is having drop boxes removed as well.

I had been seeing people post pictures on Twitter of giant piles of drop boxes, one even on a truck (supposedly in Oregon). Skeptic that I am, I was saying "gonna have to wait for some confirmation".

Well, it appears to be real. Seems drop boxes are being removed. When asked about it, USPS responds that the drop boxes are being relocated from low traffic areas to higher ones. But that doesn't hold water either as several boxes have been removed from high traffic areas as well.

Since the story broke, removal of the boxes has been put on hold in Missouri. IOW, this will keep happening unless they get caught red handed.

Dozens of Montana USPS drop boxes to be removed

The removal of USPS drop boxes has been going on for years. Just sayin'.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Regards, stay safe 'n well. Remember the Big 3: masks, hand washing and physical distancing.

Sure, but now you've got Congress people writing letters to the USPS about it, so it seems a bit unusual.

So the word is out that at least 671 sorting machines will be removed from various USPS facilities in the coming months. Now it seems, DeJoy is having drop boxes removed as well.

I had been seeing people post pictures on Twitter of giant piles of drop boxes, one even on a truck (supposedly in Oregon). Skeptic that I am, I was saying "gonna have to wait for some confirmation".

Well, it appears to be real. Seems drop boxes are being removed. When asked about it, USPS responds that the drop boxes are being relocated from low traffic areas to higher ones. But that doesn't hold water either as several boxes have been removed from high traffic areas as well.

Since the story broke, removal of the boxes has been put on hold in Missouri. IOW, this will keep happening unless they get caught red handed.

Dozens of Montana USPS drop boxes to be removed

New York's Election Failure Is a Warning for November - The Atlantic

We will be counting ballots in January.

Sure, but now you've got Congress people writing letters to the USPS about it, so it seems a bit unusual.

Hi!

What you say is, of course, true. I was simply noting an on-going multi-year process pre-dating the present administration. Speaking only about my own neighborhood, we're well-supplied with post offices and there are sufficient drop boxes so that it's not all that difficult to post a letter. As a disclaimer, I live in an area in which most people have cars and use them routinely.

Hi!

What you say is, of course, true. I was simply noting an on-going multi-year process pre-dating the present administration. Speaking only about my own neighborhood, we're well-supplied with post offices and there are sufficient drop boxes so that it's not all that difficult to post a letter. As a disclaimer, I live in an area in which most people have cars and use them routinely.

It's not only drop boxes. I live in a decent suburb of DC. I put a letter in my mail box to go out last Monday. On Thursday morning, I removed it from my own mail box and drove it to the P.O. Where is the mail carrier? That's total BS. That causes people to be late with their bills.

This is a direct result of Trump and friends intentionally slowing down the mail and refusing to fund the P.O. It's a felony to impede the flow of U.S. mail.

It's not only drop boxes. I live in a decent suburb of DC. I put a letter in my mail box to go out last Monday. On Thursday morning, I removed it from my own mail box and drove it to the P.O. Where is the mail carrier? That's total BS. That causes people to be late with their bills.

This is a direct result of Trump and friends intentionally slowing down the mail and refusing to fund the P.O. It's a felony to impede the flow of U.S. mail.

Hi!

Thanks for taking time to respond.

I just checked the unofficial motto of the USPS. Here it is: "Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds."

I note that it doesn't exclude political interference. ;-)

Bawwhaaa.

Put your mask on and get to the poles. Be patriotic

The big four, don't cheat to win an election.

I live in florida, I mailed a letter on wednesday. Checked on it this morning, still sitting in florida on saturday morning.

Seems they didn't like getting caught. Wonder how many they already removed?

Postal Service Stops Removing Mailboxes until After Election

The USPS had also intended on removing a number of blue collection boxes around the country, but a spokesman said Friday that it would wait until after Election Day and reevaluate its needs.

“We are not going to be removing any boxes,” said USPS spokesman Rod Spurgeon. “After the election, we’re going to take a look at operations and see what we need and don’t need.”

Back
Top Bottom