• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Not in my Name

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Although being under twenty years old i have made the first of my life choices:

I no longer will adhere to the laws of any country who supports the war on terror, i disregard every single opinion on political thought ever concieved as strands of a cancer, a cancer that has overtaken the natural goodness of the people politics is supposed to represent.

No i have no faith in any political party, i have no faith in Nuclear power, i have no faith in organised religion, i have no faith in the police force, i have no faith in the education system, i have no faith in anything society has provided except the Internet, i have no faith in the media, i have no respect for any politician, and i pledge no allegiance to anyone except my own people.

Now i'm off to make some molotov cocktails and a shotgun.

Mickyjaystoned said:

I no longer will adhere to the laws of any country who supports the war on terror, i disregard every single opinion on political thought ever concieved as strands of a cancer, a cancer that has overtaken the natural goodness of the people politics is supposed to represent.

No i have no faith in any political party, i have no faith in Nuclear power, i have no faith in organised religion, i have no faith in the police force, i have no faith in the education system, i have no faith in anything society has provided except the Internet, i have no faith in the media, i have no respect for any politician, and i pledge no allegiance to anyone except my own people.

Drop the cocktail (after Lighting) and eat the shotgun (barrel end first, triggers at the other end) If you perform these two tasks I am betting you won't care about all the other stuff. If all that doesn't work then go to some country you like better that doesn't have a war on terror going on and live there... Geezzzz is it that hard to do...

Mickyjaystoned said:

Can I help you pack?

An anarchist teenager, how origional! :2wave: It would really open your eyes to live in a more disadvantaged country for a couple years. Here in America we have it a LOT better than we realize.

An anarchist teenager, how origional! It would really open your eyes to live in a more disadvantaged country for a couple years. Here in America we have it a LOT better than we realize

Yeah i suppose your right thats why more people die in homicides in New York daily than in Iraq.

Anyway i live well below the poverty line in Britain, i spend my days talking with kids who have no faith in anything.

This is the problem i was addressing with my post, the youth of today have inherited a shitter world than any previous generation, the effect, i'm sorry folks but when this generation grow up, there won't be silly little political games for you to play anymore.

The youth is the future and many of our youths see no future except war and profit over people.

These are facts from the streets, i bet many of you wouldn't last a minute in the streets with yer fancy political ideologies etc.

You all talk about the world but disregard the youth, you look to media propaganda for wisdom while the old rot in homes and die in hospitals, and the youths are being thrown out of school and into jail at an alrming rate.

You want a real political issue, %40 of the population in britain hold this view and don't vote, America better worry, another %20 and there may be cultural revolution with Islam taking control of the direction of this country, then where would America look for support?

Europe won't have any of it, Europe won't accept Britain all the time we are aligned with americas goals of global conquest.

The real issues in this world is not Megalomania in Iran, but inconcievable apathy in democratic countries, the reason, misrepresentation.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Yeah i suppose your right thats why more people die in homicides in New York daily than in Iraq.

Anyway i live well below the poverty line in Britain, i spend my days talking with kids who have no faith in anything.

This is the problem i was addressing with my post, the youth of today have inherited a shitter world than any previous generation, the effect, i'm sorry folks but when this generation grow up, there won't be silly little political games for you to play anymore.

The youth is the future and many of our youths see no future except war and profit over people.

These are facts from the streets, i bet many of you wouldn't last a minute in the streets with yer fancy political ideologies etc.

You all talk about the world but disregard the youth, you look to media propaganda for wisdom while the old rot in homes and die in hospitals, and the youths are being thrown out of school and into jail at an alrming rate.

You want a real political issue, %40 of the population in britain hold this view and don't vote, America better worry, another %20 and there may be cultural revolution with Islam taking control of the direction of this country, then where would America look for support?

Europe won't have any of it, Europe won't accept Britain all the time we are aligned with americas goals of global conquest.

The real issues in this world is not Megalomania in Iran, but inconcievable apathy in democratic countries, the reason, misrepresentation.

Yeah we were born with silver spoons in our mouths...ORRRR we grew up like you.... The optimum words are "grew up". You honestly think your the only generation to think the way you do. Sorry your 6 generations behind with that thinking. All is wrong and there nothing you can do and the world sucks. Sorry but thats old news and the same old teenage anarchist crap we said when I was your age. If your being thrown in jail there is a solution... Don't break the law. Your views are not new nor are they original. But they are the views of a teenager that has yet to experience all of what life has and can provide. Not trying to be demeaning, but as you get older you will find that things change and there not as bleak and doomed as you want to think they are when you younger

Mickyjaystoned said:

Umm no they don't. Fact is the number of homicides in New York last year was around 600-700. The death toll for Iraqi civilians since the war started is reaching 10,000. Crime in New York has dipped considerably (Chicago is starting to edge it out in terms of numbers).

Mickyjaystoned said:

So, you're poor and disillusioned and talking with other poor and disillusioned kids. You've created a psychological view point all your own. The problem (for your hope/ideal) is the world holds many people with many different view points and all these variables add up to a greater number of people who don't share your beliefs/wants.

Mickyjaystoned said:

The individuals inheritence depends on the perspective he's forced to view it from. The number of the content versus the disillusioned may be questionable, but the indifferent far outweigh both of them.

Mickyjaystoned said:

Like all of us, the youth get old and the future becomes the past.
If the youth see Malatov Cocktails and shotguns as the best way to overcome anything, then they are extremely low on the evolutionary scale and will not accomplish anything except riling up... the youth. See the circular logic here?

Mickyjaystoned said:

Which streets?

Mickyjaystoned said:

It seems you yourself have been victimized by media propoganda tarnishing your expectations. The worlds a much better place than you'll give it credit for. Too bad good news isn't considered newsworthy.

Mickyjaystoned said:

Is this 40% of those polled or 40% of the population?
Support for what?

Mickyjaystoned said:

Europe won't have any of what?

Mickyjaystoned said:

Again, media propoganda is doing it's worst for you. The worlds countries are attuned to how things are running, they're just not telling you (or the media pundits it seems) and you're forming an opinion based on what seems to be disillusion.

the youth of today have inherited a shitter world than any previous generation

A familiar refrain, uttered by every generation since the world began. Every generation feels it is unique in its oppression and problems faced. But you know what? It just ain't true. Oh, sure, the 'face' on the problems changes, and maybe some of the stuff around the edges change, but at bottom, its the same old stuff.

One thing to your advantage: you are clearly a lot more aware of the world around you than many of your generation. Which actually maybe a bit of a burden, in that it denies the bliss of ignorance. Nonetheless, as you go along, you may find few opportunities, consequently you will be all the better for the opportunities that you make for yourself.

VTA and Calm2Chaos: kudos to you both for reasoned and intelligent replies to young 'stoned. I confess that my first thought was to reply with something really flippant and caustic, but your replies were serious and thoughtful, shaming me into not ripping him.

Mickyjaystoned said:

You have fun with that...:roll:

Are you serious, you people think you know me cause of a few sentences i've posted on some website, get real and stop wasting your time righting essays too make me look a prick.

Stick your opininions up your arse, the truth is that the youth has been alienated more than ever before, you people are too cosy in your mindless consumerism bubbles too see it, but any one in britain knows what i'm talkin about, the stats are there, A.S.B.O's, expulsion, drug addiction the list go's on, i accept what you assume about my negative outlook, but don't ever be condescending to me!

Just because me saying the future is bleak for todays younger generation is a cliche does not mean it isn't true, i do not know how you can sit there and deny straight up that this is the truth, oh wait there yeah i do, because there are no reprocussions to your arrogance when you are at your PC, talk **** like that where i come from you'll get stabbed up blood.

Booooookah.

Punk a$$ Bitche$ writing such intelligent responses to statements like i'm off to the shed to make molotov cocktails, you really could debate something worthwhile as opposed to what i get up to in my shed.

I'm off to meditate on the world and finish my encyclopedia of the escoteric.

Grow up.

Is this 40% of those polled or 40% of the population?
Support for what?

40% of the British population did not excersise their vote at the last general election, a number that has been steadily growing since labour and consequently Tory have moved into the middle ground.

Do you want to address that issue, or would you rather continue with stroking each others ego's i'm out.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Are you serious, you people think you know me cause of a few sentences i've posted on some website, get real and stop wasting your time righting essays too make me look a prick.

Stick your opininions up your arse, the truth is that the youth has been alienated more than ever before, you people are too cosy in your mindless consumerism bubbles too see it, but any one in britain knows what i'm talkin about, the stats are there, A.S.B.O's, expulsion, drug addiction the list go's on, i accept what you assume about my negative outlook, but don't ever be condescending to me!

Just because me saying the future is bleak for todays younger generation is a cliche does not mean it isn't true, i do not know how you can sit there and deny straight up that this is the truth, oh wait there yeah i do, because there are no reprocussions to your arrogance when you are at your PC, talk **** like that where i come from you'll get stabbed up blood.

Booooookah.

Punk a$$ Bitche$ writing such intelligent responses to statements like i'm off to the shed to make molotov cocktails, you really could debate something worthwhile as opposed to what i get up to in my shed.

Grow up.

40% of the British population did not excersise their vote at the last general election, a number that has been steadily growing since labour and consequently Tory have moved into the middle ground.

Do you want to address that issue, or would you rather continue with stroking each others ego's i'm out.

You must be pretty poor typing away on your computer....LMAO... Lets face it your not stabbing anyone up little man. And your tough life isn't new, and your teenage anarchist views are not new. what was said is right. And if your in your shed making up your molotav cocktail and getting your shotgun do everyone a favor... Drain your gene pool... I live and work around philadelphia... you wanna come play on the streets ... I have few you would just love being so hardcore and tough.

There is no issue to address... Its the same things that been said for years. yet people seem to find a way to get by and get through and make a life. All without shotguns and molotav cocktails..

I wager that's the part you should have left off, if you didn't want to be ridiculed that is.

That's actually a good sign in at least one way. It indicates that people are more or less satisfied with the government.

It sure sounds like you've been through a lot, and I agree with the other posters that you seem more "aware" than a lot of people your age. That's actually a gift and a burden at the same time. People are stupid and social change is slow. Might as well get used to it now. :smile:

Ah, 'stoned, you are such a hoot!:rofl

God, I wish I had a nickel for every time I uttered such heavy stuff (ah, just in case 'heavy' has gone out of the vernacular, it used to mean 'fraught with significance') all those years ago! If so, I'd be typing this from a beach somewhere - actually, no I wouldn't. I wouldn't be typing it at all; I'd be doing something a lot more fun.

Hey, look, don't confuse condesencion with empathy or understanding!

Mickyjaystoned said:

You offered up personal information; don't get catty about how you appear. It's called evidence and you've provided enough.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Stick your opininions up your arse

Well with all due respect perhaps yours belongs in the same place. This is your topic... didn't you post it with the intention of getting replies? Or are you just unhappy they aren't the replies you sought?

Mickyjaystoned said:
... the truth is that the youth has been alienated more than ever before,

What exactly are you basing this on?

Mickyjaystoned said:
you people are too cosy in your mindless consumerism bubbles too see it,

What exactly are you basing this on? Are you 'claiming to know' someone, based on 'a few sentences'? I could have sworn I read that complaint somewhere before...

Mickyjaystoned said:
but any one in britain knows what i'm talkin about, the stats are there, A.S.B.O's, expulsion, drug addiction the list go's on, i accept what you assume about my negative outlook, but don't ever be condescending to me!

I've talked to a few Brits, via forums of course; how do you account for their entirely different perspectives?

Mickyjaystoned said:

You're the only one in your topic that's chosen that posture, everybody else has responded to what was supposed to be your point: the state of the world in relationship to the youth that will inherit it. Not who's a bada-ss.

Mickyjaystoned said:

Well if you favor ignorant replies and biligerance, why bother with an internet forum? You're the bada-ss, get yourself on the street and start busting heads.

Mickyjaystoned said:

If your wish is to appeal to a small number of people, stay in the streets and off the international forums. When you're looking for a broader view that's honest, stay put.

Mickyjaystoned said:

? Why? Isn't it the grown-ups that're making this world a mess? Wouldn't we all be better served to remain adolescent?

Mickyjaystoned said:

Well what you said was that 40% held your view and didn't vote. Not voting and agreeing with you are 2 different things.

Mickyjaystoned said:

Absolutely; steer yourself away from the tough guy bit and talk. Maybe then we'll have a better understanding of each others viewpoints.

MJS, whereabouts in Britain are you from?

I agree with you that we should be concerned about the apathy in politics in this country. 40% didn’t vote, and only something like 36% of those who did vote voted Labour. That’s only something like 25% of the country back the government which I think is frightening. But if you don’t like the way things are, do something about it; those who are apathetic aren’t going to change anything (I voted by the way). You can stand for an election yourself if you are disillusioned with your MP and your government. If you have enough people with a like mind, you may win the vote in your constituency and get to air your views in parliament. Things aren’t going to change for the better if we all think “The last generation have made a right mess of things, why the hell should we have to sort it out?” Part of the answer to that is in your own apathy: because the generation after you is going to say “The last generation were lazy ****s who couldn’t be bothered to sort the issues and problems left by the previous generation before them.” Ad infinitum. Not good!

Mickyjaystoned said:
The real issues in this world is not Megalomania in Iran, but inconcievable apathy in democratic countries, the reason, misrepresentation

Perhaps I have misunderstood but aren’t they misrepresented because of the apathy? Everyone aged 18+, without exception is entitled to vote.

Also, can you define the poverty line for me? You at least have access to a pc and presumably a roof over your head. Without being disrespectful, people living below the poverty line (as I understand it) don’t have these luxuries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickyjaystoned
... the truth is that the youth has been alienated more than ever before,

What exactly are you basing this on?

My everyday life.

Let me tell you a secret, i work with kids who are homeless and live in sheltered accomodation, there are various problems facing these kids, many have been expelled from school without any exam grades meaning a search for work ends in minimum wage employment and reliance on benefits, most have no faith in Government policies such as New Deal and welcome to Work and many even lobby for changes in Gov. policy via petitions, but nothing ever seems to happen about the situation, every month there is a new child with the same problems, our whole job is to help these guys feel accepted and valued in society, because they are simply not, there is a terrible storm surrounding young people and crime at the moment and media is behind it again, there are old people too scared to step outside, my own Great Nan who is nearly a hundred lives in London and is constantly harrased and disturbed by youths.

Trust me, you go into a school in Bradford, south London or similarily poverty stricken area ask the kids and they will tell you their situation, but to get a realistic view i suggest you also ask some of the 9,200 kids actually not in Education, i suspect they will feel ostricised and alienated from society, whats more i don't think the majority of them give a f u ck, which is also another factor limiting todays youth, industry and society in general Apathy is rife here in britain and it is most evident in areas of social deprivation.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/education/4022123.stm

What exactly are you basing this on? Are you 'claiming to know' someone, based on 'a few sentences'? I could have sworn I read that complaint somewhere before

I am talking about society in general there, i think that people are to comfortable in capitalism to see that there is actually major social problems in this country.

I know various people who would rather buy drinks from the bar than give their time to the homeless for instance, i know many who hold no view on reality or their country, but spend their wages on media and designer clothing.

So i do know people who are blindly consuming things they don't even need while people are going without food, in 21st century Britain this is a sorry state of affairs!

I've talked to a few Brits, via forums of course; how do you account for their entirely different perspectives?

Well the very fact that they are online is a sign that they are reasonably well off, probably suburbanites who commute to the city, or university goers, definately middle class and certainky not from places of social depravation.

I am sorry but i am talking about the Britain where there IS social depravation, this is a fact, the whole point of this is: there are people too poor to afford Internet media etc, i would therefore conclude that YOUR perception is limited to only include those of us in Britain with internet capabilities and a reasonably healthy bank balance.

Now think, if people like you think like this and disregard the facts surrounding poverty in britain who's to say the politicians aren't doing exactley the same thing?

Out of interest what are these alternative perspectives from england you brought up?????

Well if you favor ignorant replies and biligerance, why bother with an internet forum? You're the bada-ss, get yourself on the street and start busting heads.

I pity tha foo'

Sucka you better hope you stay outta england, man you dun get merked if ya step in my endz.

Rassclart!!

Well what you said was that 40% held your view and didn't vote. Not voting and agreeing with you are 2 different things.

So you think %40 of Britain voting is simply a statistic that is to be used to discredit me.

I think from the non-voters i have spoken too that this non voting is caused by mis-representation or in some cases no representation at all.

Your attempt to make me out a kunt in the above post is a good effort but i can do that for myself thanx Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch.

Absolutely; steer yourself away from the tough guy bit and talk. Maybe then we'll have a better understanding of each others viewpoints.

So the first half of this post is talking i hope you might pick up on some of the points i have raised, and answer some of the questions i have asked.

Binary Digit:
That's actually a good sign in at least one way. It indicates that people are more or less satisfied with the government.

It means that sixty percent are given a choice of two centre ground thatcherite spinsters, a third party filled with pooofs and alchoholics;) , or the stark raving looney party (UKIP) as it is known:lol:

While the other forty percent are left with kids being expelled, benefits cheques and generally day to day survival with next to no prospects for a future worth dreaming about.

Another worrying factor is the lack of diversity this encourages, you have in essence a large part of the Black population without representation, the muslim population without representation (ntil George Galloway's Respect victory)and the working class without representation, all the while the well to do middle class whites can debate about choosing the lesser of two evils.

This is a sorry state for such a supposedly liberal and modern society!

Mancunian:
Perhaps I have misunderstood but aren’t they misrepresented because of the apathy? Everyone aged 18+, without exception is entitled to vote.

I believe misrepresentation is down to the lack of Political Diversity, the descent of Politics into personal popularity contests and the weekly legislations that are made to appease the media, and ignite very short term interest in a subject often as a means of surpressing real news/issues, like the social depravation and the growing cracks in society anyone with an untainted perspective can see.

Things aren’t going to change for the better if we all think “The last generation have made a right mess of things, why the hell should we have to sort it out?” Part of the answer to that is in your own apathy: because the generation after you is going to say “The last generation were lazy ****s who couldn’t be bothered to sort the issues and problems left by the previous generation before them.” Ad infinitum. Not good!

Yeah i agree but we have to realise the direction our current trends are taking us in so we can stop deforestation, oppresion and global capitalism before it reallly ****s us all, the fact is i don't blame anyone for current problems except the people who have been elected over the years to stop such problems arising.

Politics and politicians have been so misrepresentative since every one jumped on the Thatcher Bandwagon that people genuinely have no faith in the system anymore, which is the attitude i get from many youths.

Also, can you define the poverty line for me? You at least have access to a pc and presumably a roof over your head. Without being disrespectful, people living below the poverty line (as I understand it) don’t have these luxuries.

Sheltered accomodation, after all life is hard on the streets, if i can get a roof over my head for a fair price be healthy and use the organisations IT facilities then i will, but that does not mean that i forget about our brothers and sisters who are out there with addictions and no hopes, that is why i am writing this, in a hope that a wider audience will take a closer look into Britain and see that a country who advises and installs democracy worldwide really has issues and problems with Democracy on her own shores.

South East Endz blood, guess your from manchester, i love the music that comes out of manchester, literally every band out of manchester is ****ing spot on, infact instead of the working class being represented through politics i would say that music and the culture is more representative of the truth, especially such artists as Ian Brown, Oasis and the Smiths, just a couple of Manchesters best!

Mickyjaystoned said:
My everyday life. Let me tell you a secret, i work with kids who are homeless and live in sheltered accomodation,

How do you work with kids? Is this a voluntary program? What is your role?

Mickyjaystoned said:
there are various problems facing these kids, many have been expelled from school without any exam grades meaning a search for work ends in minimum wage employment and reliance on benefits, most have no faith in Government policies such as New Deal and welcome to Work and many even lobby for changes in Gov. policy via petitions, but nothing ever seems to happen about the situation, every month there is a new child with the same problems, our whole job is to help these guys feel accepted and valued in society, because they are simply not, there is a terrible storm surrounding young people and crime at the moment and media is behind it again, there are old people too scared to step outside, my own Great Nan who is nearly a hundred lives in London and is constantly harrased and disturbed by youths.

And speaking of expulsion, I'm willing to bet it's not for the fact that they exist, but for distracting behaviour. And the media is behind the young people and crime? Where in the world do parents come in? How can the responsibility of how the youth acts so easily slide off of the shoulders who are most responsible for how the people they bring into the world act?
Government for the most part is an indifferent entity, like it or not. There are programs put in place for many unfortunate people to take advantage of, but don't expect Government officials to make door to door rounds to find people to hand them out to. The ultimate Responsility for the individuals' well being falls primarily on the shoulders of the individual. Being poor isn't an excuse to be a criminal, it just seems convenient.

And here we are... From your link.
Head teachers can exclude pupils who commit or threaten violence in school, who sexually abuse pupils or other people, who sell illegal drugs or who have persistent and malicious disruptive behaviour.

Let's blame the people that shouldn't have to deal with this crap for giving them the boot, while individual responsibility is completely ignored. No thanks. Parents have an obligation to teach their kids how to behave, if any kind of 'revolution' needs to take place, it's against jackasses who make children and neglect their duty to them. They should be held accountable and face criminal charges. Period. Society as a whole owes no individual and doesn't have to suffer the consequences of an individuals lack of responsibility.

Mickyjaystoned said:
I am talking about society in general there, i think that people are to comfortable in capitalism to see that there is actually major social problems in this country.

Well there exists a real problem with 'generalizing'. It is an active in ingredient racism, anti-semitism and all sorts of negative connotations against other people.

Mickyjaystoned said:
I know various people who would rather buy drinks from the bar than give their time to the homeless for instance, i know many who hold no view on reality or their country, but spend their wages on media and designer clothing.

So i do know people who are blindly consuming things they don't even need while people are going without food, in 21st century Britain this is a sorry state of affairs!

Conversely, I know plenty who'd rather do a good job and be satisfied with knowing they're doing the right thing. People come in all shapes and sizes; it's entirely upon the individual to decide what he'll focus on.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Well the very fact that they are online is a sign that they are reasonably well off, probably suburbanites who commute to the city, or university goers, definately middle class and certainky not from places of social depravation. I am sorry but i am talking about the Britain where there IS social depravation, this is a fact, the whole point of this is: there are people too poor to afford Internet media etc, i would therefore conclude that YOUR perception is limited to only include those of us in Britain with internet capabilities and a reasonably healthy bank balance.

You're online. You said you were poor. Now you have a reasonable healthy bank balance? What am I to take from this contradiction?

Mickyjaystoned said:
Now think, if people like you think like this and disregard the facts surrounding poverty in britain who's to say the politicians aren't doing exactley the same thing?

Out of interest what are these alternative perspectives from england you brought up?????

People like me think like what? That there exists differing viewpoints to a situation? Being poor doesn't always equate to being oppressed. At some point the individual has to look within himself and realize that relying on complete strangers is a dead end. Only you care about you.

Mickyjaystoned said:
I pity tha foo'

Sucka you better hope you stay outta england, man you dun get merked if ya step in my endz.

Rassclart!!

Are you schizophrenic? Has your brother pushed you aside and typed this drivel? >

Mickyjaystoned said:
So you think %40 of Britain voting is simply a statistic that is to be used to discredit me.

I think from the non-voters i have spoken too that this non voting is caused by mis-representation or in some cases no representation at all.

Your attempt to make me out a kunt in the above post is a good effort but i can do that for myself thanx Biiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiaaaaaaaaaaaaaatch.

48% of the United States did not vote. This doesn't mean they all held the same views. It just means some didn't care, some are ignorant, some don't feel it's worth it, etc, ad nauseum...

Mickyjaystoned said:
So the first half of this post is talking i hope you might pick up on some of the points i have raised, and answer some of the questions i have asked.

That remains to be seen. I'm all ears.

As has been written in my posts, there are problems in English society to think these problems are only the fault of irresponsible parents is folly, it is the whole culture in England that is to blame.

Instead of nit picking my threads for irrelevant mistakes or contradictions, why don't you accept the fact that the divide between wealthy and worker is growing, the prison population is growing, the racial divide is growing, schools are underachieving, politics is a joke,The NHS is a shambles,human rights are becoming a liability for the government, terrorism is on the rise and a real threat, unemployment is rising and apathy is rife throughout all walks of life, from Nurses (as documented on British television) to Teachers and general proletariot.

Now if you had these things happening in Russia after the cold war you may not be surprised, but 21st century britain should be better, our children deserve better, our old people deserve better and we deserve better.

How can a government that has let standards slip to such mediocrity in their own country continue to condemn other cultures and countries for their lack of "Democracy", the truth is Islamic rule seems a more well rounded proposition than this capitalist Pseudo-democracy, where only the well off are represented, and the poors problems are never acknowledged and keep on mounting up, generation after generation.

Mickyjaystoned said:
As has been written in my posts, there are problems in English society to think these problems are only the fault of irresponsible parents is folly, it is the whole culture in England that is to blame.

Instead of nit picking my threads for irrelevant mistakes or contradictions, why don't you accept the fact that the divide between wealthy and worker is growing, the prison population is growing, the racial divide is growing, schools are underachieving, politics is a joke,The NHS is a shambles,human rights are becoming a liability for the government, terrorism is on the rise and a real threat, unemployment is rising and apathy is rife throughout all walks of life, from Nurses (as documented on British television) to Teachers and general proletariot.

Now if you had these things happening in Russia after the cold war you may not be surprised, but 21st century britain should be better, our children deserve better, our old people deserve better and we deserve better.

How can a government that has let standards slip to such mediocrity in their own country continue to condemn other cultures and countries for their lack of "Democracy", the truth is Islamic rule seems a more well rounded proposition than this capitalist Pseudo-democracy, where only the well off are represented, and the poors problems are never acknowledged and keep on mounting up, generation after generation.

Complacency is certainly doing a number on societies like ours, no doubt. This has to do with lower standards and, no not folly, poor parenting. Where are these people from 'all walks of life coming from'? Are they normal people who've been brainwashed by the media? Not likely, what you see on TV isn't representative of the general population; just a vocal minority that's clamoring for attention. Everyone has an individual responsibility to hold it together and know better.

The real people in the streets, both the downtrodden and the apathetic are victims of a complacent culture and the criminals that find a niche within it are a by-product of it. And in the ever present need to avoid responsiblity for this complacency and failure, it becomes all too easy to find a scapegoat. Government. Religion. The Media. When you consider these things logically, you'll find that they are non-physical ideals and can only alter your morals and perceptions if you allow them to. Sure, stringent governments like communism and theocracy do straight jacket the individual identity, but in free societies, government is indifferent enough for you to either succeed or flop on your own accord.

Appreciation for freedom gets lost in familiarity and complacency sets in and soon you have an apathetic society. Who's teaching 'appreciation'? Who's reminding following generations that the things they can be grateful for, were not always free? Someone actually fought for them? Anyone? Or is that just a hackneyed principle?

Islamic rule seems more well rounded? In what respect? I'd hope its tenets aren't sawing off a mans head and screaming 'praise God' while doing it, or that denying mans own insecurity and laying blame at the feet of the rape victim for being... raped, is. But I don't truly know Islam and all I have is a one sided view of it. The people on this side of the Atlantic seemed to have embraced it out of anger.

In all it just may go to show that nothing is beyond mans perversion. Not Democracy. Religion. Charity. Nothing is sacred when weighed against the almighty self interest of certain men. That's no reason to blame the ideals themselves, just have an understanding that history has shown, no thing can withstand mans inherent weaknesses. Not even non-physical ideals.

Mickyjaystoned said:
Mancunian:

I believe misrepresentation is down to the lack of Political Diversity, the descent of Politics into personal popularity contests and the weekly legislations that are made to appease the media, and ignite very short term interest in a subject often as a means of surpressing real news/issues, like the social depravation and the growing cracks in society anyone with an untainted perspective can see.

Yeah i agree but we have to realise the direction our current trends are taking us in so we can stop deforestation, oppresion and global capitalism before it reallly ****s us all, the fact is i don't blame anyone for current problems except the people who have been elected over the years to stop such problems arising.

Politics and politicians have been so misrepresentative since every one jumped on the Thatcher Bandwagon that people genuinely have no faith in the system anymore, which is the attitude i get from many youths.

Sheltered accomodation, after all life is hard on the streets, if i can get a roof over my head for a fair price be healthy and use the organisations IT facilities then i will, but that does not mean that i forget about our brothers and sisters who are out there with addictions and no hopes, that is why i am writing this, in a hope that a wider audience will take a closer look into Britain and see that a country who advises and installs democracy worldwide really has issues and problems with Democracy on her own shores.

South East Endz blood, guess your from manchester, i love the music that comes out of manchester, literally every band out of manchester is ****ing spot on, infact instead of the working class being represented through politics i would say that music and the culture is more representative of the truth, especially such artists as Ian Brown, Oasis and the Smiths, just a couple of Manchesters best!

Your scary internet threat are giving me the shakes....LOL whatever shall I do...LOLOLOL:roll: :2razz: :roll:

Mickyjaystoned said:

You've lost faith in yourself. STOP SMOKING DOPE and think with your brain that you were born with. Twenty years old. You know NOWT!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom