• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not everyone should give birth

OK, I see your point and we are not in conflict. I must admit I lost track of the OP itself.

I don't disagree with what you've said - I do, indeed, hold life sacred - and while I consider myself pro-choice, meaning I respect a person's right to chose their own path in life, I'm also pro-life and I abhor any free choice that harms another when it's solely made because the choice protects one's lifestyle as opposed to one's life.

That said, this OP isn't about choice and isn't about responsibilities. The author clearly makes the value judgement that three children who are alive today would be better off never to have existed. I'm not prepared to just toss away as useless the lives of three children not yet at school age let alone what their potential in this life may be. I've seen many children who've grown to out produce and out perform the parents who conceived them. I'm not prepared to say that these three children can't and won't surpass their sorry excuses for mothers - in fact, I'm prepared to bet they will.

I appreciate your comments, but sorry, in the OP she said that either the women or the children or the world or all three would be better off if the three children had been aborted rather than have the mothers not want them or try to sell them. That says to me that she considers a child that is not wanted by his/her mother is valueless and better if he/she didn't exist. To me, that's a pretty sick view of the world and children and indicative of the me-now mentality of many people in today's society. Having children is a natural impulse but it's also a sacrafice - you give up much of your life to secure and promote the life of your child. Bout time irresponsible people started to realize this and not take it out on innocent children.

Show me where I said that. You can't because I didn't. Please stop lying about what I have or have not said.

Show me where I said that. You can't because I didn't. Please stop lying about what I have or have not said.

From the OP you authored:

"Oh, but this is so much better than having an early term abortion.... < / sarcasm>"

Three children, under the age of five, all apparently healthy, admittedly with despicable mothers, and you said the above.

What other explanation can you possibly have for your words than you think three healthy children would be better off never having existed?

The only person lying here is you, to yourself. We all see what you mean, what you meant and rather than suggest harm come to the despicable mothers, your solution is for the children to not have their lives. Truly shameful.

Selling a child I believe is slavery who knows what kind of freak would of taken those children thank goodness they were taken away before the children wind up on some bad sites .

Selling a child I believe is slavery who knows what kind of freak would of taken those children thank goodness they were taken away before the children wind up on some bad sites .

Another way of looking at slavery is a woman being forced to give birth to an wanted child, which is placed in a state system, which there is every possibility of it not being adopted because most people believe children that find themselves in the system are damaged goods. And that is particularly true of children over the age of 2.

Consequently, by using you description of slavery with regard to children being sold...the same could well apply to children who were born to women forced to give birth.

Children who live out much of their lives in conservatorship of a state rarely, if ever live in a single foster home in which they become apart of a family. They are usually moved around. And it totally disrupts their lives. The never get grounded with any continuity in schools so most have serious problems and nearly always wind up being labeled as children with learning disabilities.

For some reason, people believe that all foster home environments are somehow safe, loving, caring and give foster children a true sense of security. That's simply not true. A lot of people get into the foster care business...and focus on the word "business" because they get anywhere from about $1800 a month "per child" and up....depending on if a child may have some form of disability, which includes learning disabilities. Some people always maintain as many as 3 and sometimes 4 children at a time. Being a foster parent is a form of business. Now I'm not claiming that all foster parents mistreat children, but you have to realize that these folks are just people, too. Some are good parents to foster children...others are not.

I could write for days about the effects on children who are born to a life inside a state system. Or older children whose parents or parent abused, abandoned, or neglected them and children were taken and placed in the system. And you'd be surprised at how many of these type of children are devastated when remove from a home environment in which they are treated in horrible ways.

Another way of looking at slavery is a woman being forced to give birth to an wanted child, which is placed in a state system, which there is every possibility of it not being adopted because most people believe children that find themselves in the system are damaged goods. And that is particularly true of children over the age of 2.

Consequently, by using you description of slavery with regard to children being sold...the same could well apply to children who were born to women forced to give birth.

Children who live out much of their lives in conservatorship of a state rarely, if ever live in a single foster home in which they become apart of a family. They are usually moved around. And it totally disrupts their lives. The never get grounded with any continuity in schools so most have serious problems and nearly always wind up being labeled as children with learning disabilities.

For some reason, people believe that all foster home environments are somehow safe, loving, caring and give foster children a true sense of security. That's simply not true. A lot of people get into the foster care business...and focus on the word "business" because they get anywhere from about $1800 a month "per child" and up....depending on if a child may have some form of disability, which includes learning disabilities. Some people always maintain as many as 3 and sometimes 4 children at a time. Being a foster parent is a form of business. Now I'm not claiming that all foster parents mistreat children, but you have to realize that these folks are just people, too. Some are good parents to foster children...others are not.

I could write for days about the effects on children who are born to a life inside a state system. Or older children whose parents or parent abused, abandoned, or neglected them and children were taken and placed in the system. And you'd be surprised at how many of these type of children are devastated when remove from a home environment in which they are treated in horrible ways.

Forced to give birth slavery is a far stretch. Slave owners are not innocent or un aware of their surroundings or having no choice in which womb they resided in if you are say that a females having child is slavery that may work but still is stretching it ( im not a adroit I know what you mean but I like covering all the bases for other posters ) Parents who abuse their children I've been down that road I believe my thread so long ago of drug abusing females who cant quite or violent parents or females with terrible mental health problems which cant be treated should be made to abort if the pregnancy is before 14 weeks ( why because then its mildly invasive and takes ten minutes to preform the abortion ) I know the foster care system but the story of the mother and how she tried to sell her children to raise money to bail out her boyfriend is slavery since you cant sell people . ( unless you work for the system )

Forced to give birth slavery is a far stretch. Slave owners are not innocent or un aware of their surroundings or having no choice in which womb they resided in if you are say that a females having child is slavery that may work but still is stretching it ( im not a adroit I know what you mean but I like covering all the bases for other posters ) Parents who abuse their children I've been down that road I believe my thread so long ago of drug abusing females who cant quite or violent parents or females with terrible mental health problems which cant be treated should be made to abort if the pregnancy is before 14 weeks ( why because then its mildly invasive and takes ten minutes to preform the abortion ) I know the foster care system but the story of the mother and how she tried to sell her children to raise money to bail out her boyfriend is slavery since you cant sell people . ( unless you work for the system )

I didn't negate your response to this woman willing to sell her children for a boyfriend. My point wasn't a criticism of your post. I find it to be a horrific act. I simply offered another example in which children ultimately become a victim, which forces them to become children of the state. My scenario isn't the way that children most frequently wind up in the system, but it happens.

In the end...this is about children becoming victims...no matter how they found themselves to be in a chaotic circumstance. And children are the most powerless person on the planet. They have zero way to advocate for themselves. They can't control their destiny.

I didn't negate your response to this woman willing to sell her children for a boyfriend. My point wasn't a criticism of your post. I find it to be a horrific act. I simply offered another example in which children ultimately become a victim, which forces them to become children of the state. My scenario isn't the way that children most frequently wind up in the system, but it happens.

In the end...this is about children becoming victims...no matter how they found themselves to be in a chaotic circumstance. And children are the most powerless person on the planet. They have zero way to advocate for themselves. They can't control their destiny.

Then why did you open with a pro choice statement and kept it up till the third statement which seemed like a left over post from my other Thread ( still trying to repost to those but I've been a way for a while ) sorry shouldn't make assumptions on that shame on me .Unless if it was ....

Then why did you open with a pro choice statement and kept it up till the third statement which seemed like a left over post from my other Thread ( still trying to repost to those but I've been a way for a while ) sorry shouldn't make assumptions on that shame on me .Unless if it was ....

My point is simple. If it we consider such a situation of this woman a form of slavery. I opine that slavery is a multifaceted problem. A woman could well have posted an add to "give away" her children...instead of putting them up for sale. The result would be the same for the children. The same would apply to women who feel forced by a legal system to give birth...does, and in the process the child winds up in the system. The child, once again, finds his or herself in a circumstance, which it has not power to alter. In effect...the child's life is that much of a slave's.

My point is simple. If it we consider such a situation of this woman a form of slavery. I opine that slavery is a multifaceted problem. A woman could well have posted an add to "give away" her children...instead of putting them up for sale. The result would be the same for the children. The same would apply to women who feel forced by a legal system to give birth...does, and in the process the child winds up in the system. The child, once again, finds his or herself in a circumstance, which it has not power to alter. In effect...the child's life is that much of a slave's.

A bit yes if the child is In such a terrible situation . ( and there are a lot in such situation )

Back
Top Bottom