• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not all the election news is good - Israel has gone right-wing

Craig234

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
The terrible Netenyahu is leader yet again (sixth time) after Israel voted right-wing.

I gave up on Israel years ago when Netanyahu got into power and Israel stopped making good faith efforts at reaching a two state solution. After that I was like, "Good luck, y'all. You're gonna have to take this road trip without me."

The terrible Netenyahu is leader yet again (sixth time) after Israel voted right-wing.
America has it easy. We have friendly Canada and Mexico above and below us. We have two really big ponds to our left and right. We have no idea what it is like to be surrounded by countries who want to wipe us off the face of the planet.
Yet, it's easy for liberals in the USA on a political website to say how evil Israelis are for wanting a leader that makes them feel safer.
This thread will be entertaining. It might even drum up interest in my thread "Why are people anti-Semitic?" (and no Craig, I am not accusing you of that)

I gave up on Israel years ago when Netanyahu got into power and Israel stopped making good faith efforts at reaching a two state solution. After that I was like, "Good luck, y'all. You're gonna have to take this road trip without me."
Yeah, the israeli government has been a mess since at least the 90s. That's the first time I was there and paid any attention to it.

Yet, it's easy for liberals in the USA on a political website to say how evil Israelis are for wanting a leader that makes them feel safer.
He's gonna get them all killed.

He's gonna get them all killed.
Strength can get you killed but I'd trust it more than weakness. It's always important to understand the mind of your enemy. Bullies fear strength.

wanting a leader that makes them feel safer.
I suspect that 'feel' is the operative word there. From what I gather, Netanyahu's policies are more or less tailored to confirm, reinforce and justify the hatred between Israel and its neighbours. Which is a shame, because one of the (very few) good or at least potentially good things accomplished during the Trump years were agreements of recognition and peace between Israel and two more (albeit small and distant) Arab states, the first ones since Egypt and Jordan in the 1980s-90s IIRC. One step forward, two steps back it seems.

Strength can get you killed but I'd trust it more than weakness. It's always important to understand the mind of your enemy. Bullies fear strength.
He's not strong, he's a blowhard.

America has it easy. We have friendly Canada and Mexico above and below us. We have two really big ponds to our left and right. We have no idea what it is like to be surrounded by countries who want to wipe us off the face of the planet.
This thread will be entertaining. It might even drum up interest in my thread "Why are people anti-Semitic?" (and no Craig, I am not accusing you of that)

Israel has literally never been safer at any point in its history.

What countries surround Israel that want to “wipe it from the map”? Egypt? Not for forty years now, especially since Israel gave up on its plans to colonize the Sinai. Lebanon? Don’t make me laugh. Jordan? It’s run by a pro Western monarchy. Syria’s in shambles and won’t be capable of exerting influence over its borders for at least another decade.

Sorry, that excuse doesn’t work for putting a scumbag like Bibi back in charge.

Israel has literally never been safer at any point in its history.

What countries surround Israel that want to “wipe it from the map”? Egypt? Not for forty years now, especially since Israel gave up on its plans to colonize the Sinai. Lebanon? Don’t make me laugh. Jordan? It’s run by a pro Western monarchy. Syria’s in shambles and won’t be capable of exerting influence over its borders for at least another decade.

Sorry, that excuse doesn’t work for putting a scumbag like Bibi back in charge.

It's basically Iran at this point.

You should learn that there is a big difference between feeling safe and being safe and those who make you feel safe will never make you safe.

Ya, Israel is a different system. Bebe is a good leader IMHO.

Bush family friend Netenyahu graduated from the USA war college ....... his has always been a right wing war monger
that practices racism and runs over college women with a tank. He is horrid.

Or more like Ethnic cleansing as in the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial, and religious groups from a given area, with the intent of making a region ethnically homogeneous…..

Or more like racial extermination. systematic killing of a racial or cultural group. synonyms: GENOCIDE r examples: final solution. the mass murder of Jews under the German Nazi regime from 1941 until 1945.

Yet the USA sees to it that the man has plenty of mass murder weapons including jet fighters.

Last edited:
Libs, there is nobody shooting missiles into your homeland. Nobody dying on the border. Don't forget that.

Libs, there is nobody shooting missiles into your homeland. Nobody dying on the border. Don't forget that.

Funny, the right has been screaming about what a war zone they think the border is for years now. Are you admitting that’s all lies?

Anti-Zionism is not anti-Semitic any more than being anti-Hutu means one is against all Africans. Anti-Nazi is not anti-Germans. Anti Communism is not anti-Russian.

Zionism was born out of violence, used violence to get its way and continues to use it to maintain itself. Zionist Israel does not want leaders that make them feel safe. They want leaders that wipe out those that accuse them of Zionist violence.

I suspect that 'feel' is the operative word there. From what I gather, Netanyahu's policies are more or less tailored to confirm, reinforce and justify the hatred between Israel and its neighbours. Which is a shame, because one of the (very few) good or at least potentially good things accomplished during the Trump years were agreements of recognition and peace between Israel and two more (albeit small and distant) Arab states, the first ones since Egypt and Jordan in the 1980s-90s IIRC. One step forward, two steps back it seems.

The agreements mentioned during the Trump years occurred when Netanyahu was PM.
Moreover, it became an open secret that Israel and Saudi Arabia were cooperating to thwart the Iranian nuclear bomb.
Perhaps his policies are more or less tailored to bring peace.

Oil pipelines played role in US invasion of Iraq​

https://www.ogj.com › home › article › oil-pipelines-pl...

oil pipeline from iraq to israel from www.ogj.com
Dec 3, 2018 — The three pipelines that played a role in the Iraq war included: the Eilat-Ashkelon pipeline in Israel, the Kirkuk-Haifa pipeline originally ...

Iraqi Pipeline to Aqaba Sparks Memories of Kirkuk-Haifa Line​

https://www.al-monitor.com › bagdadhaifa-hugi

Jan 3, 2013 — The oil pipeline to be constructed between Baghdad and Aqaba raises fond memories among Israelis of the Mandate-era Kirkuk-Haifa oil pipeline, a ...

Israel seeks pipeline for Iraqi oil | World news - The Guardian​

https://www.theguardian.com › israelandthepalestinians

Apr 19, 2003 — Plans to build a pipeline to siphon oil from newly conquered Iraq to Israel are being discussed between Washington, Tel Aviv and potential .

Bush family friend Netenyahu graduated from the USA war college ....... his has always been a right wing war monger
that practices racism and runs over college women with a tank. He is horrid.

Or more like Ethnic cleansing as in the systematic forced removal of ethnic, racial, and religious groups from a given area, with the intent of making a region ethnically homogeneous…..

Or more like racial extermination. systematic killing of a racial or cultural group. synonyms: GENOCIDE r examples: final solution. the mass murder of Jews under the German Nazi regime from 1941 until 1945.

Yet the USA sees to it that the man has plenty of mass murder weapons including jet fighters.

Netenyahu has never been right ........always wrong.

The icing on the cake:

Oil pipelines played role in US invasion of Iraq

https://www.ogj.com › home › article › oil-pipelines-pl...

oil pipeline from iraq to israel from www.ogj.com
Dec 3, 2018 — The three pipelines that played a role in the Iraq war included: the Eilat-Ashkelon pipeline in Israel, the Kirkuk-Haifa pipeline originally ...

Iraqi Pipeline to Aqaba Sparks Memories of Kirkuk-Haifa Line

https://www.al-monitor.com › bagdadhaifa-hugi

Jan 3, 2013 — The oil pipeline to be constructed between Baghdad and Aqaba raises fond memories among Israelis of the Mandate-era Kirkuk-Haifa oil pipeline, a ...

Israel seeks pipeline for Iraqi oil | World news - The Guardian

https://www.theguardian.com › israelandthepalestinians

Apr 19, 2003 — Plans to build a pipeline to siphon oil from newly conquered Iraq to Israel are being discussed between Washington, Tel Aviv and potential .

Israeli people are not evil ...... Netenyahu is the evil one ...... just so we keep this straight. In reality it is the heads of state who want war and killing. It is the people everywhere that want respect, no ****ing war and no murdering of innocent men, women and children.

Israeli people are not evil ...... Netenyahu is the evil one ...... just so we keep this straight. In reality it is the heads of state who want war and killing. It is the people everywhere that want respect, no ****ing war and no murdering of innocent men, women and children.

And Hamas is no less evil?

Hamas is a tad bit different. They are more pragmatic towards the people and help the people and try to restore infrastructure and such. Of course Netenyahu does not like them. Some day Hamas may get Netenyahu like the navy seals Took Out Osama Bin Laden. Perhaps the Taliban would like to assist.

Back
Top Bottom