• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ???

Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

To Schuamort in #110 Your quotes point out that the Bush admin. believed that Saddam would be a threat in the future.Remember the term "preemptive strike"? It's about taking out a gathering threat. I wish it was done to Hitler before he was an imminent threat.

Last edited:

alienken said:
To Schuamort in #110 Your quotes point out that the Bush admin. believed that Saddam would be a threat in the future.Remember the term "preemptive strike"? It's about taking out a gathering threat. I wish it was done to Hitler before he was an imminent threat.
I posted those quotes in response to Fantasea's claims that the word "emminent" was never used. It turns out it was used. Hindsight being 20/20, it turns out that there was no emminent threat against the United States. A pre-emptive strike would have been nice to have stopped Hitler after March 1933 when he opened Oranienburg.
...Or have stopped Idi Amin
...or have stopped Pol Pot
...or have stopped Omar al-Bashir
...or have stopped Robert Mugabe
...or have stopped Saparmurat Niyazov
...or have stopped Kim Jong Il
...or have stopped Than Shwe
...or have stopped Mohammar Kaddafy
...or have stopped Hu Jintao
...or have stopped Prince Abdullah
...or have stopped Fidel Castro
...or have stopped King Mswati III.

So how many of these wars would you have wanted to get into?

shuamort said:
I posted those quotes in response to Fantasea's claims that the word "emminent" was never used. It turns out it was used. Hindsight being 20/20, it turns out that there was no emminent threat against the United States. A pre-emptive strike would have been nice to have stopped Hitler after March 1933 when he opened Oranienburg.
...Or have stopped Idi Amin
...or have stopped Pol Pot
...or have stopped Omar al-Bashir
...or have stopped Robert Mugabe
...or have stopped Saparmurat Niyazov
...or have stopped Kim Jong Il
...or have stopped Than Shwe
...or have stopped Mohammar Kaddafy
...or have stopped Hu Jintao
...or have stopped Prince Abdullah
...or have stopped Fidel Castro
...or have stopped King Mswati III.

So how many of these wars would you have wanted to get into?
Only the wars that have countries that are ran by dictator thugs who claim that they have no WMD's, While he is acting like he does , but can't be trusted because he is a murderous lieing thief.

alienken said:
Only the wars that have countries that are ran by dictator thugs who claim that they have no WMD's, While he is acting like he does , but can't be trusted because he is a murderous lieing thief.
That's your bar for stopping a murderous, lying, thieving dictator to be stopped is when they act like they have WMDs but don't really and claim such?

:rofl

but alas;

Iraq didn't have Weapons of Mass Destruction.. your beloved Bush stretched the truth..

Arch Enemy said:
but alas;

Iraq didn't have Weapons of Mass Destruction.. your beloved Bush stretched the truth..

But Alas: In the end So what? What is done is done, water under the bridge, spilt milk, etc

Let our eyes not look backwards but forwards, perhaps towards Syria,Iran, North Korea.

:2mad:

where they should have been to begin with, eh

So why do they hate America?

Personally I think because its damned hot and they dont have many air conditioners over there. Tempers tend to flare up in the heat. Maybe we should send them some generators and some window units. They have windows right?

akyron said:

To simplify the sentiments against America, there are two main reasons.

1)America's involvement in keeping Israel a nation state.
2)America's occupation in Saudi Arabia.

Muslim religion has several parts of the world as considered sacred. The holy land of Palestine/Israel and Saudi Arabia's cities of Mecca and Medina. These places should not be inhabited by people who do not follow the muslim religion. It's blasphemous. If the United States were to remove support and troops from the Middle East, the hate would presumably subside or lessen.

It reminds me of a bit by comedian David Cross:
"I don't think Osama bin Laden sent those planes to attack us because he hated our freedom. I think he did it because of our support for Israel, our ties with the Saudi family and our military bases in Saudi Arabia. You know why I think that?

Because that's what he f***ing said!

Are we a nation of 6-year-olds?

Answer: Yes"

akyron said:

Personally I think because its damned hot and they dont have many air conditioners over there. Tempers tend to flare up in the heat. Maybe we should send them some generators and some window units. They have windows right?

I hope that was a joke.

They don't get "flared" up because of the heat. They've lived in that heat for so long and it's not, usually, the heat with gets people "flared" up it's the humidity.

So you're looking down on them because they don't have AC (which they probably do) ?

Why do that hate us? Hm... let me guess... a Christian Leader has invaded two Muslim countries in order to stop tyranny (of course one of those countries he lied to us) and we continue to occupy Iraq.

bush did 911 and the new world order is behind the terror

Last edited:

biblemark1018 said:
bush did 911 and the new world order is behind the terror
You need to take some prozac buddy, and quit spamming the site. :roll:

Arch Enemy said:
I hope that was a joke.

They don't get "flared" up because of the heat. They've lived in that heat for so long and it's not, usually, the heat with gets people "flared" up it's the humidity.

So you're looking down on them because they don't have AC (which they probably do) ?

Why do that hate us? Hm... let me guess... a Christian Leader has invaded two Muslim countries in order to stop tyranny (of course one of those countries he lied to us) and we continue to occupy Iraq.

No one is looking down on anybody.
I was suggesting a possible link to being in an uncomfortable environment and being pissed off in general. Someone said they have not had AC for thousands of years. Wait a minute... They have been killing each other for thousands of years too! hmmm

akyron said:
I was suggesting a possible link to being in an uncomfortable environment and being pissed off in general. Someone said they have not had AC for thousands of years. Wait a minute... They have been killing each other for thousands of years too! hmmm
Do you have any clue how bigoted your last two posts were? It's comments like what you've written that makes all of our lives more dangerous...and prove again that that bigotry in the USA is equal to bigotry in all the countries that hate the USA....

akyron said:
No one has had air conditioning for "thousands of years", with the possible exception of those living above the arctic circle. Yet, it appears that around the globe, the countries whose people have the greatest propensity for killing people seem, indeed, to be located in the torrid zone. Perhaps there is something to that theory, after all.

Last edited:

Fantasea said:
No one has had air conditioning for "thousands of years", with the possible exception of those living above the arctic circle. Yet, it appears that around the globe, the countries whose people have the greatest propensity for killing people seem, indeed, to be located in the torrid zone. Perhaps there is something to that theory, after all.
Huh? Is this the latest entry into your made up generalization hall of shame? So the Nazis and all the tyrants of the 20th century all lived in a "torrid zone." That's an interestingly made up statistic, isn't it? So the war in Serbia in the 90s was due to hot weather? Armenia too? Russia? China? North Korea?

You really need to write your posts and then reread them 24 hours later before you actually post them, that would save you tons of embarrassing comments like the one you just made. Then again, why am I not surprised that you think that weather has something to do with tyranny?

:damn

26 X World Champs said:
Huh? Is this the latest entry into your made up generalization hall of shame? So the Nazis and all the tyrants of the 20th century all lived in a "torrid zone." That's an interestingly made up statistic, isn't it? So the war in Serbia in the 90s was due to hot weather? Armenia too? Russia? China? North Korea?

You really need to write your posts and then reread them 24 hours later before you actually post them, that would save you tons of embarrassing comments like the one you just made. Then again, why am I not surprised that you think that weather has something to do with tyranny?

:damn
Yes, I've noticed that nothing surprises you. Could it have anything to with numbness of your brain that you were telling us about in this forum a short while back?

It is obvious that you misread what you are responding to.

I did not say it was countries, which would imply belligerent governments, but people living the countries located in the torrid zone who have a propensity to kill other people.

Now, take a look at countries located in the Torrid Zone and tell me how docile the residents are.

26 X World Champs said:
Do you have any clue how bigoted your last two posts were? It's comments like what you've written that makes all of our lives more dangerous...and prove again that that bigotry in the USA is equal to bigotry in all the countries that hate the USA....

I reject your line of reasoning but I enjoy your posts..never boring but nearly always amusing. Thanks.

Reminder: This is a forum and people should always be allowed to voice their opinions regardless of how stupid those opinions may be. Keep it coming.

This is an interesting national pastime from Afghanistan

Afghan horsemen were, from those days, famous for swooping down on unsuspecting enemies and bodily whisking them away - a feat which has its peacetime version in buzkashi with a headless calf taking the place of human prey.

Basically it was practice for on those Saturday nights when you want to race down the mountain to the unsuspecting local village for a woman to rape or livestock for a feast. A far cry from baseball but great middle eastern fun!
Women are not invited to the games by the way and may be shot in the head for peeking.

What a country!-Yakov Smirnoff

shuamort said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by akyron

To simplify the sentiments against America, there are two main reasons.

1)America's involvement in keeping Israel a nation state.
2)America's occupation in Saudi Arabia.

Muslim religion has several parts of the world as considered sacred. The holy land of Palestine/Israel and Saudi Arabia's cities of Mecca and Medina. These places should not be inhabited by people who do not follow the muslim religion. It's blasphemous. If the United States were to remove support and troops from the Middle East, the hate would presumably subside or lessen.

It reminds me of a bit by comedian David Cross:

Quote:
"I don't think Osama bin Laden sent those planes to attack us because he hated our freedom. I think he did it because of our support for Israel, our ties with the Saudi family and our military bases in Saudi Arabia. You know why I think that?

Because that's what he f***ing said!

Are we a nation of 6-year-olds?

Answer: Yes"

__________________QUOTE]

He may have said that but America is really just the latest flavor of the month for their outrage. They has not been a significant pause in conflict in that area for almost 3000 years
Technology advances(other peoples, because they were too busy praying for each others deaths or directly killing each other) like Satellites,cell phones, television,airplanes, better boats merely gave them an additional outlet for their radical religious fanaticism. Nothing new here.

What we should concentrate on is developing alternative energy sources and we can pull out and let them kill themselves or get tired of it and get a job to better themselves.
For the US it will be a painful transition economically, socially and probably a host of other ways but it has to be done. Just fund a perpetual motion machine and get it over with.

It's part of their faith: Jihad

Summary of Muhammed and the treatment of conquered peoples
We can look into some of Muhammad’s other sorry actions. Now I hope to show that this ‘outstanding example of humanity’ also gloried in the execution of PoWs, and the assignation of political opponents.
I have divided this into several parts.
Part A – Enslaving PoWs
Part B – Killing PoWs
Part C – Actual Islamic attitudes towards PoWs.

Part A - Enslaving PoWs
Sura an-Nisa' 4:24
“And all married women (are forbidden unto you) save those (captives) whom your right hands possess. It is a decree of Allah for you. Lawful unto you are all beyond those mentioned, so that ye seek them with your wealth in honest wedlock, not debauchery. And those of whom ye seek content (by marrying them), give unto them their portions as a duty. And there is no sin for you in what ye do by mutual agreement after the duty (hath been done). Lo! Allah is ever Knower, Wise.”

Part B - Killing PoWs
B1 - Primary sources for the treatment of PoWs

"And He has caused to descend from their strongholds the Jews that assisted them. And he struck terror into their hearts. Some you slaughtered and some you took prisoner"
Sura 32.25

"Bani An-Nadir and Bani Quraiza fought, so the Prophet (Muhammad) exiled Bani An-Nadir and allowed Bani Quraiza to remain at their places. He then killed their men and distributed their women, children and property among the Muslims, but some of them came to the Prophet and he granted them safety, and they embraced Islam. He exiled all the Jews from Medina. They were the Jews of Bani Qainuqa', the tribe of 'Abdullah bin Salam and the Jews of Bani Haritha and all the other Jews of Medina."
(Hadith, Sahih Bukhari 5:59:362)

Surah Muhammad
47.4 So, when you meet (in fight Jihad in Allah's Cause), those who disbelieve smite at their necks till when you have killed and wounded many of them, then bind a bond firmly (on them, i.e. take them as captives). Thereafter (is the time) either for generosity (i.e. free them without ransom), or ransom (according to what benefits Islam), until the war lays down its burden. Thus [you are ordered by Allah to continue in carrying out Jihad against the disbelievers till they embrace Islam (i.e. are saved from the punishment in the Hell-fire) or at least come under your protection], but if it had been Allah's Will, He Himself could certainly have punished them (without you). But (He lets you fight), in order to test you, some with others. But those who are killed in the Way of Allah, He will never let their deeds be lost,
http://www.quraan.com/index.aspx?tabindex=1&tabid=27&bid=47

B2 - Secondary source for the killing of PoWs
"The members of the last surviving Jewish tribe in Medinah, Banu Qurayzah, were even less fortunate. Muhammad offered the men conversion to Islam as an alternative to death; upon their refusal, all 900 were decapitated in front of their enslaved women and children. The women were subsequently raped; Muhammad chose as his concubine one Raihana Bint Amr, whose father and husband were both slaughtered before her eyes only hours earlier."
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/Chronicles/February1999/0299Trifkovic.htm

There were, in the time of Muhammad, Arab tribes that were Christian. Some were pagan, and some were Jewish. One such Jewish tribe, the Banu Quarayza helped Muhammad in battle. However, "their loyalty was questioned and inevitably, after the siege, Muhammad moved against them. Realizing that they had no chance of surviving, the Banu Quarayza agreed to surrender on condition that they quit Medina empty-handed. Muhammad refused and wanted nothing less than unconditional surrender. The Jews then appealed to their ancient friendship with the Banu Aws and asked that Abuy Lubaba, an ally belonging to that tribe, be allowed to visit them. He was asked what Muhammad's intentions were; by way of reply Abu Lubaba drew his hand across his throat, indicating that they must fight to the end, as death was all that they could hope for. At last, after several weeks, the Jews surrendered on condition that their fate should be decided by their allies, the Banu Aws. The latter were inclined to show mercy but Muhammad decided that the fate of the Jews was to be decided by on of the Banu Aws. Muhammad nominated Sa'd ibn Muadh to be the judge...He pronounced, "My judgement is that the men shall be put to death, the women and children sold into slavery, and the spoil divided among the army." Muhammad adopted the verdict as his own: "Truly the judgment of Sad is the judgment of God pronounced on high from beyond the seventh heaven."
During the night trenches sufficient to contain the dead bodies of the men were dug across the market place...In the morning, (Muhammad), himself a spectator of the tragedy, commanded the male captives to be brought forth in companies of five or six at a time. Each company as it came up was made to sit down in a row on the brink of the trench... The butchery began in the morning, and lasted all day...(Muhammad) returned from this horrid spectacle to solace himself with the charms of Rihana, who's husband and all of her make relatives had just perished in the massacre"*
"And yes, a revelation came down from heaven justifying the stern punishment meted out to the Jews: sura 32.25 (see above)

*Muir, Sir W (1923) "The Life of Muhammad", p240 quoted in:
Ibn Warraq (1995) "Why I am Not a Muslim", pp95-96.

All the males of the tribe were asked to show their pubic region. Those who had not developed pubic hair were considered children and were not killed. All in all - at a most conservative figure - some 900 prisoners-of-war were put to death at that instance.
http://www.chroniclesmagazine.org/C...99Trifkovic.htm

Now Sa'd Ibn Mu'ath (RA) delivered his judgment: "I enjoin that all the men of Banu Quraithah be put to death and their wives and children be treated like prisoners of war while their wealth and properties be divided among the Muslims." Following this judgment Banu Quraithah were ordered to come out of the fort and they were all brought to Al-Madinah in custody. At last, following the judgment, their men were killed and their dwellings were given to the Muslims.
http://www.islamweb.net/ver2/archive/readArt.php?id=37137&lang=E
Part 1 ends

Last edited:

Part 2 begins
Part C - Advice given to Muslims by Islamic expert sites
“Question : How are prisoners of war treated in Islam?
Answer : Praise be to Allaah.
Islam is the religion of mercy and justice; it commands us to call others to the religion of Allaah in a kind and good manner, and to encourage people to enter this great religion. If some people persist in rejecting the religion of Allaah and stand in the way of ruling by that which Allaah has revealed on earth, or they fight against the call to Allaah, then we give them the choice of three things:
Either they become Muslim; or if they refuse they pay the jizyah (whereby they pay a specified amount to the Muslims in return for being allowed to remain their land, and the Muslims undertake to protect them); or, if they refuse that, there is nothing left but the way which they themselves have chosen, which is fighting and dealing violently with those who have persecuted the Muslims and put obstacles in the path of the Islamic da’wah.”
http://63.175.194.25//ln=e...&QR=13241&dgn=4

If you want a general comparison between, say the UN declaration on Human Rights, and Islam, visit
http://www.geocities.com/koraninfo/rights.htm
"Question : I know that Allah (S) has permitted us to marry Christians and the Jews. Now, can she practice her religious rites in the same house and have pictures of the crucifiction of Jesus (A) and celebrate Thanksgiving, Christmas and etc. Can her kids join her? If no, would not it hurt her feelings? Please, answer me on this issue.

Answer : Praise be to Allaah.
It is not permissible for a Muslim to allow his wife from among the People of the Book to celebrate her festivals in his home, for the man is in charge of that woman and she does not have the right to openly celebrate her festivals in his home, because of the resulting effects of corruption, forbidden things and display of the symbols of kufr in his home. He should keep his children from taking part in those innovated festivals, because the children belong to the father and he should keep them away from these forbidden celebrations. "
http://63.175.194.25//ln=e...e&QR=3320&dgn=4

As to there being ‘no compulsion’ in religion, Mohammed himself wrote this letter of warning. “Peace be upon the one who follows the right path! I call you to Islam. Accept my call, and you shall be unharmed. I am God's Messenger to mankind, and the word shall be carried out upon the miscreants. If, therefore, you recognize Islam, I shall bestow power upon you. But if you refuse to accept Islam, your power shall vanish, my horses shall camp on the expanse of your territory and my prophecy shall prevail in your kingdom.”
http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/oman.htm

For rights of Dhimmi
Islam: As well as cultural imperialism (non-Muslims had to pay special taxes, and wear special clothing identifying them as second-class people), slavery, misogyny and racism, there is the stifling of 'free thought' where it is still against the law under Islam to convert from Islam
http://answering-islam.org/Hahn/Mawdudi/index.htm

See:
http://www.answering-islam.org/NonMuslims/rights.htm

For Muslim attempts at genocide
See:
http://www.fr-d-serfes.org/orthodox/memoryof.htm
and
http://debate.org.uk/topics/history/xstnc-6.html

Current persecutions of Christians
“Documenting the Persecution of Christians in the Islamic World”
http://www.domini.org/openbook/
and
Voice of the Martyrs
http://www.vom.com.au/
(note this includes persecutions of Christians by non-Muslims)

Mauritania still has slavery
http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/ENGAFR380052002
In Sudan, the Muslim-Arabs continually attack the Black-African south, and cart away Christians and animists into slavery.
"Yet another refugee in Birak from Jafal said that the Janjawid told them: "You are opponents to the government, we must crush you. As you are black, you are slaves." The government is on our side. The government plane is on our side." "
http://web.amnesty.org/library/index/engafr541012003
"Despite its being illegal in the UAE to employ a child under 15 and to expose a child to dangerous work, using children as camel jockeys continues despite years of pressure for it to stop."
http://www.antislavery.org/homepage/news/childslavery120602.htm

Muhammed is the example for Moslems

Muslims believe that Muhammad is the ideal man - an example for all time (hence that is why Allah chose him - because he was a cut above the rest)

"The Lord of the universe, The Most Merciful and Compassionate sent about 124,000 prophets and messengers to every nook and corner of this earth to guide humanity towards understanding the purpose of its creation and thereby surrender to His Divine Laws and achieve its final destiny of Eternal Peace in His Paradise. The last messenger of God who brought His last revelation the Holy Quraan to humanity is Muhammad bin 'Abdullah, born in Mekkah, approximately 550 years after Jesus, son of Mary, peace and blessings of God be on them both. This is the account of this last Messenger of God, the most remarkable man, that human history has known."
http://www.daar-ul-ehsaan.org/truth/must.htm

"The Prophet accomplished all this through the strength of his character and personal example;"
http://www.missionislam.com/youth/muhammad.htm

But what sort of 'example' was he? In the posts above I cited examples of his treatment of PoWs. He consumated a marriage with a nine year old girl. He gleefully encouraged political killings. Below is a list of people he had assassinated...

Assassinations:
Muhammad And His Personal Enemies
Ka`b bin al-Ashraf
Sallam Ibn Abu'l-Huqayq (Abu Rafi)
Al-Nadr bin al-Harith
`Uqba bin Abi Mu`ayt
`Abdullah bin Ubai bin Salul al-`Aufi
Umaiya bin Khalaf Abi Safwan
`Amr b. Jihash
An anonymous man
Ibn Sunayna
Abd Allah Ibn Sa`d Ibn Abi Sarh
Abu `Afak
`Asma' Bint Marwan

The Meccan Ten:
Ikrimah Ibn Abi Jahl
Habbar Ibn al-Aswad
Miqyas Ibn Sababah al-Laythi
Abd Allah Ibn Sa`d Ibn Abi Sarh (more detail in the above article)
Al-Huwayrith Ibn Nuqaydh
Abd Abbah Ibn Hilal Ibn Khatal al-Adrami
Hind Bint Utbah
Sarah the mawlat of `Amr Ibn Hashim
Fartana
Qaribah

Al-Yusayr b. Rizam and Khalid b. Sufyan b. Nubayh
Ibn Sunayna
http://www.answering-islam.org/Muhammad/Enemies/index.html
In the Haddith, it is said...

Tabari IX:34 “Khuwaysirah came and stood by the Prophet as he was giving gifts to the people and said, ‘Muhammad, I have seen what you have done today.’ ‘Well, what did you see?’ He said, ‘I don’t think you have been fair.’ Allah’s Messenger became angry. ‘Woe to you! If justice is not to be found with me, then with whom is it to be found?’” “Umar said, ‘Muhammad, allow me to kill him.’”

Ishaq:595 “The Apostle said, ‘Get him away from me and cut off his tongue.””

With this type of person as a 'model', it is small wonder then that terrorism and Islam are so synonymous

Wow Montalban that was a long post.
I wish you had just summarized and provided the links instead of swamping us. It was interesting though.
Allow me to summarize:

Religious Fanatics=Nutballs

Be careful what you say:

MY favorite part was the Fatwah of the week

example: I never knew that is not good to do istinja with your right hand, I have been trying note to use my left hand for Istinja, but I can't seem to reach the back area and clean myself properly with my left hand, so I then finish off with my right hand, is that ok, since I know I wasn't able to clean properly with my left? I'm so confused.

The answer is even funnier

Is it acceptable in Islam, when husband divorcing his wife by just writing a statement of divorce without witness? Would not be necessary to have two witnesses when husband divorcing wife?

Nope. You have to say it as you write it. Cheaper than a lawyer eh?
Write I divorce <insert ex wife here>. Say" I divorce <insert ex-wife here."
Shoot her in the head if necessary. IE She puts up a fuss when you kick her out in the street.

Writing the word divorce is one of the metaphors of divorce, so divorce does not take effect [by writing it] unless it is accompanied by intention according to the view of most preponderant opinion of scholars, may Allaah have mercy on them. If someone writes the word divorce while uttering it, then it takes effect.

Well that was easy. Having witnesses is desirable though if you can get a couple of your buddies to come over and help you deal with her.

Nice religion. Not!

akyron said:
Is it acceptable in Islam, when husband divorcing his wife by just writing a statement of divorce without witness? Would not be necessary to have two witnesses when husband divorcing wife?

Nope. You have to say it as you write it. Cheaper than a lawyer eh?
Write I divorce <insert ex wife here>. Say" I divorce <insert ex-wife here."
Shoot her in the head if necessary. IE She puts up a fuss when you kick her out in the street.

Writing the word divorce is one of the metaphors of divorce, so divorce does not take effect [by writing it] unless it is accompanied by intention according to the view of most preponderant opinion of scholars, may Allaah have mercy on them. If someone writes the word divorce while uttering it, then it takes effect.

Well that was easy. Having witnesses is desirable though if you can get a couple of your buddies to come over and help you deal with her.

Nice religion. Not!
No fault divorce, available to all in the US is even easier. You can even buy a kit at many internet sites with all the forms and instructions.

Back
Top Bottom