• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ???

Gandhi>Bush

Non-Passive Pascifist
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
2,742
Reaction score
0
Location
Mesquite, Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

And some that prove to be incredibly efficient at both.
 

Gandhi>Bush

Non-Passive Pascifist
DP Veteran
Joined
Apr 20, 2005
Messages
2,742
Reaction score
0
Location
Mesquite, Texas
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

galenrox said:
:rofl wait, was that a compliment, an insult, or both?

...yes....
 

slim

Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, Kent UK
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

Currently I see the American people and Europeans falling into a trap of tyranny and totalitarianism. In the USA first I hear of leaked Patriot Act II ideas (that will fail thank God) and now I hear of the repeal of the 22nd ammendment. They are tightening the noose.
 

GarzaUK

British, Irish and everything in-between.
DP Veteran
Joined
Jan 28, 2005
Messages
3,688
Reaction score
631
Location
Carrickfergus, Northern Ireland
Gender
Male
Political Leaning
Independent
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

slim said:
Currently I see the American people and Europeans falling into a trap of tyranny and totalitarianism. In the USA first I hear of leaked Patriot Act II ideas (that will fail thank God) and now I hear of the repeal of the 22nd ammendment. They are tightening the noose.

Slim, I understand your concern, since Europe and the world is shifting from left to right. but do you reckon the EU will be an empire, I doubt it will be a whole nation.
 

Fantasea

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
3,692
Reaction score
8
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

slim said:
Currently I see the American people and Europeans falling into a trap of tyranny and totalitarianism. In the USA first I hear of leaked Patriot Act II ideas (that will fail thank God) and now I hear of the repeal of the 22nd ammendment. They are tightening the noose.
Perhaps a pair of new spectacles and a fresh hearing aid battery will help clarify the situation in the US. Europe? Well, that's something else. Those folks are just too unpredictable.
 

Fantasea

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
3,692
Reaction score
8
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

GarzaUK said:
Slim, I understand your concern, since Europe and the world is shifting from left to right. but do you reckon the EU will be an empire, I doubt it will be a whole nation.
I see the EU as an attempt to mirror the economic successes of the USA and a means to avoid the military conflicts that have riddled the history of the European continent.

After reviewing the decline of Europe as a result of the petty bickering among the various countries that want to lord it over others and the resistance that engenders, those with sanity understood that a federation of states operating under the same overarching body of constitutional law that topples the barriers that impeded trade and progress was vital to make up lost ground.
 

slim

Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, Kent UK
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

With Europe, I do not see one nation either but the individual countries will (as said by Garza) lean further to the right. This movement to the right across the western world is now accepted as the political norm.

I have talked to some of my political allies and we have all agreed that something foul is in the air. Democracy is under threat from within and only through our discussions right now can we claw it back. We must not roll over and accept suspicious laws. It is our duty as free men and women to question the existing order. Many politicians may not even see what is going on, they may think that they have our support for authoritarianism. It is our duty to voice that we do not wish such movement to happen.
 

Fantasea

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
3,692
Reaction score
8
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

slim said:
With Europe, I do not see one nation either but the individual countries will (as said by Garza) lean further to the right. This movement to the right across the western world is now accepted as the political norm.

I have talked to some of my political allies and we have all agreed that something foul is in the air. Democracy is under threat from within and only through our discussions right now can we claw it back. We must not roll over and accept suspicious laws. It is our duty as free men and women to question the existing order. Many politicians may not even see what is going on, they may think that they have our support for authoritarianism. It is our duty to voice that we do not wish such movement to happen.
Say what you will. However, everything on earth traces back to economics. The European system of economics has caused those countries to fall far short of the advances made by the US as well as some of the emerging nations.

The concept first known as the The European Common Market evolved into the European Union as the need for more and more amalgamation was recognized.

All those who are worried about the 'threats' are the same folks who have resisted every progressive economic change throughout history.
 

slim

Member
Joined
May 30, 2005
Messages
65
Reaction score
0
Location
Rochester, Kent UK
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

Seeing "threats" that a government can present is not against economic progress in the right way. Being objective about things is useful. If no-one objected to things like over-development and exploitation of resources then we would live in a duller and more barren place.
 

Fantasea

DP Veteran
Joined
Dec 14, 2004
Messages
3,692
Reaction score
8
Re: Not all Musulims are TERRORIEST BUT ?

slim said:
Seeing "threats" that a government can present is not against economic progress in the right way. Being objective about things is useful. If no-one objected to things like over-development and exploitation of resources then we would live in a duller and more barren place.
In many parts of the world, the US, in particular, the problem is not overdevelopment so much as it is over concentration of population. Companies that establish sites in sparsely populated areas find that workers flock to them. The financial industry expansion into South Dakota and Delaware are examples.
United States
Year.....Percent Developed
1982.......... 4.9
1987.......... 5.3
1992.......... 5.8
1997.......... 6.6​
 
Top Bottom