• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Not a penny for war

What he said isn't what's happening. Try reading the short thread before piping up.
Russia isn't rolling its tanks over a foreign country in conquest? That's what he said and is exactly what's happening. Are you so dedicated to your pro-Putin stoogery that you won't even admit the war in Ukraine is happening? What's so ****ing funny? Explain it to me.

Russia isn't rolling its tanks over a foreign country in conquest? That's what he said and is exactly what's happening. Are you so dedicated to your pro-Putin stoogery that you won't even admit the war in Ukraine is happening? What's so ****ing funny? Explain it to me.
The world is dividing ... it is more and more if you don't agree with me you are a terrorist, a racist, a sexist or love Putin or this or that... It is sad.

Any politician who votes against it is either penny wise and pound foolish or a Russian stooge.

I agree. Cut all spending on stuff like healthcare and pour into the military, or you are a Russian stooge. Reagan would be proud of what the Democratic Party has become these days ;)

His hypothetical is IF the US wasn't patrolling Earth. The US is patrolling Earth. The US tied its own militaristic hands because it propagated the Cold War.

I'm not pro-Russian at all. That's your flawed binary logic and strawman nonsense.

LOL... Russia can't even deal with a second rate country like the Ukraine. And you think NATO without America could not deal with them in a few weeks?
NATO ran out of bombs to drop on Libya after a few weeks.

On 19 March 2011, a multi-state NATO-led coalition began a military intervention in Libya.

Apr 15, 2011 — NATO is running short of precision bombs, highlighting the limitations of Britain, France and other European countries.

We've been arming the Ukraine and giving them funds for their defense for over a decade, as have others of our allies.

Russia would not move on NATO nations right away, they would move to secure former eastern block nations first.

NATO would cease to be able to operate with us. I'm sure a few nations in Europe could put up a good long fight should Russia turn their aggressions to them, but I'm not real sure what they would or even could do to, as I said, in Eurasia.

It really is not our problem...
It is our problem, just as I have said, freedom and Democracy must be defended. We tried to stay out of WWII, and that not only lead to an attack on us, but the world was down to a handful of functioning liberal Democracies by the time we entered the war.
Because Kim Jong-un and his Kim Jong-ilk want to rule a untied Korea.
You think that those three will beat the top 18 other countries into submission in a decade?
Yes, other nations would also allies with Russia, China, and N Korea.
Oh, you grew up watching Red Dawn and are worried about the Pinko Commies, huh?
No I grew up in your normal American military family with those that have served and those that do serve.

Last edited:
Get outa here with those facts... we can spend more and fall just like Rome... and it is on the verge of happening.
The fall of Rome took hundreds of years...

The fall of Rome took hundreds of years...
Empires are born of their money system, and in the world of money the $USD$ is the strongest God on the planet.

Our downfall won't be our military, when or if it comes to that, it will be our debt.

And just like the downfall of Rome ushered in a dark age, likely the fall of the US will be similar.

Funding Ukraine makes a hell of a lot more sense than what we went through chasing religious zealots around in the desert for 20 years. How did that all work out for us?

The Ukrainians actually prefer a democratic ideology over placing women in burqas and kneeling to a worthless prophet 5 times day.

The Ukrainian people have a lot to offer in regards to world trade, and providing other countries with a reliable source of food.

Specifically these are the regions and countries Russia will look to invade next should we fail to stop them in the Ukraine.

Attachments

• Separatist-map-medium.jpg
    Separatist-map-medium.jpg
    40.2 KB · Views: 1
His hypothetical is IF the US wasn't patrolling Earth. The US is patrolling Earth. The US tied its own militaristic hands because it propagated the Cold War.

I'm not pro-Russian at all. That's your flawed binary logic and strawman nonsense.
If you're not pro-Russian then why do you go into every thread about Russian war crimes and try to distract by trying to make it about how bad America is?

The US tied its own militaristic hands because it propagated the Cold War.

Nonsense.

Russia would not honor the sovereignty & free and fair elections in liberated countries.

In the February 1945, the Yalta conference was held between the leaders of the Soviet Union, Britain and America. At the conference, it was agreed that liberated countries would be given the right to free and fair elections where they had the choice of which power ruled them. The Soviet Union did not stick to this agreement and instead rigged elections in Poland and other countries forcing a communist government on many European countries. This was seen by the West as an aggressive expansion tactic and as a way of creating buffer zones to protect the Soviet Union from the Western powers. This event leads to tension in Europe. The USSR further enhanced tensions by implicating the Berlin blockade.

The absolutes with accusation is expressly why our military budget, generally speaking, inches up year on year with a handful of exceptions when it jumps.

Reason is discarded for the hype of calling someone a "spineless stooge" or a Russian asset.

If you're not pro-Russian then why do you go into every thread about Russian war crimes and try to distract by trying to make it about how bad America is?

I don't.

I noticed that you haven't replied to my #17 in this thread.

Last edited:
The U.S. spends more on military spending than all other 144 countries . . .

COMBINED.

usvsworldmilitaryspendingfinal.png

It's obscene. 😞

It is very obscene, and could be cut DRASTICALLY right this very minute.

But its like that because of NATO agreements and obligations. Other nations should pay more if they want NATO. One of the few things I agreed with trump about.

Nonsense.

Russia would not honor the sovereignty & free and fair elections in liberated countries.

In the February 1945, the Yalta conference was held between the leaders of the Soviet Union, Britain and America. At the conference, it was agreed that liberated countries would be given the right to free and fair elections where they had the choice of which power ruled them. The Soviet Union did not stick to this agreement and instead rigged elections in Poland and other countries forcing a communist government on many European countries. This was seen by the West as an aggressive expansion tactic and as a way of creating buffer zones to protect the Soviet Union from the Western powers. This event leads to tension in Europe. The USSR further enhanced tensions by implicating the Berlin blockade.

Quotes:

The term new Cold War refers to the period of intensive reawakening of Cold War tensions and conflicts in the late 1970s and early 1980s. Tensions greatly increased between the major powers with both sides becoming more militant.[329] Diggins says, "Reagan went all out to fight the second cold war, by supporting counterinsurgencies in the third world."[330] Cox says, "The intensity of this 'second' Cold War was as great as its duration was short."

In January 1977, four years prior to becoming president, Ronald Reagan bluntly stated, in a conversation with Richard V. Allen, his basic expectation in relation to the Cold War. "My idea of American policy toward the Soviet Union is simple, and some would say simplistic," he said. "It is this: We win and they lose. What do you think of that?"

----

In this graph, who started the nuclear arms race?

1675003331519.png

Democracy is not perfect, and freedom has many difficulties, but we must defend them everywhere we can or it is the doom of us all.

Meh. I'm unimpressed.

Its the job of the US to "defend" the US. Nobody else. It may become necessary at certain times to become involved, but that should be VERY rare to the point of being almost unheard of.

I see "democracies" that are just as screwed up as anyone else, I know there are inherent advantages like supposedly being fewer wars with democracies, but the US starts more wars than anyone. So that rule decent always hold true. I think there are some monarchies that could be superior, more conscientious and better neighbors than some democracies.
Your all encompassing statement above I doubt.

I don't.

I noticed that you haven't replied to my #17 in this thread.
Post 17 doesn't contain a question of any kind and it wasnt addressed to me. Anything to avoid explaining why you have to redirect every conversation about Russia's actions back to the US somehow.

Post 17 doesn't contain a question of any kind and it wasnt addressed to me. Anything to avoid explaining why you have to redirect every conversation about Russia's actions back to the US somehow.

I addressed you to #17.

I addressed you to #17.
I know your brain is pretty fried and you don't have any idea about your surroundings, but post #17 of this thread was directed to nvflash and didn't have a question.

Are you so pathetic you have to lie to get out of answering basic questions?
What's funny is that you're so far from the actual reality. The US Pentagon has boots on necks, nuclear weapons at the ready, full-spectrum dominance, etc, etc. You probably buy into GW garbage rhetoric, too: "They hate us for our freedoms." No, George, they hate the US because they're the BPOE (Biggest Pricks On Earth).
This is post #17, not addressed to me and not a question.

I know your brain is pretty fried and you don't have any idea about your surroundings, but post #17 of this thread was directed to nvflash and didn't have a question.

Are you so pathetic you have to lie to get out of answering basic questions?

This is post #17, not addressed to me and not a question.

See if your brain can recognize that #40 directed you to address #17.

See if your brain can recognize that #40 directed you to address #17.
Jesus christ you are clueless. This is post #17:

What's funny is that you're so far from the actual reality. The US Pentagon has boots on necks, nuclear weapons at the ready, full-spectrum dominance, etc, etc. You probably buy into GW garbage rhetoric, too: "They hate us for our freedoms." No, George, they hate the US because they're the BPOE (Biggest Pricks On Earth).
If you click on the quote you will get taken to post #17 which is written to nvflash.

Jesus christ you are clueless. This is post #17:

If you click on the quote you will get taken to post #17 which is written to nvflash.

Obviously your brain didn't recognize, yet your keyboard effluent continues.

Obviously your brain didn't recognize but your keyboard effluent continues.
This is post #17:

Show me where the question directed towards me is. Is this some kind of pathetic attempt to troll on your part? Do you perhaps have a bunch of people on ignore so you got post numbers wrong?

Back
Top Bottom