• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Northam a racist?

Really? You've got a POTUS in Trump who publicly supported the KKK and Neo Nazis, saying some are "very fine people", and you're worried about the stupid things a governor may have done as youth 40 years ago? SMH.

You make some very valid points and I agree with them however he still has to go Democrats simply must take the high road on this. The leader of the naacp made some very valid points. The governor should have dealt with this on the front end and not wait until now because it looks like he's just got caught and is not sincere about it.
He simply has to go

By 1984, anyone with a modicum of intelligence would have known that one should not pose like that in a yearbook.

The governor should resign.

I don't think so, esp. given that he'd be...

A. Acting on principle. It's completely foreign to conservatives.
B. Putting a very well qualified young black man into the office.

Should Spartacus Booker resign, since he admitted to sexually assaulting a woman?

Yeah and your "kind" said it wasn't relevant...Got anything recently?.....Like in the last 10 years he was Gov?

Yea...supporting infanticide 2 days ago. Is that recent enough?

Everybody is so ****ing uptight, about seemingly everything.

This cant be good for us.

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-new...ansman-costume-person-in-blackface/1745954005

Va's governor caught some heat over his comments about allowing moms to abort/kill newborns, whom may ot may not be viable earlier this week. Well it now appears the Democratic governor is caught up in a little black face racism. He is being identified as the person allegedly in blackface in a 1984 medical school yearbook. Will he be given a free pass on this alleged youthful indescresion or will be forced out of office?

People change. I say he should not resign. 30+ years ago he did something stupid. As far as I can tell he has not done anything like that since.

The people in this country are way too hell bent on punishing anyone and everyone for every deed that they did that was wrong. No matter how long ago it was, no matter what that deed was. That is NEVER going to solve any problem in the long term. In fact, its just making things worse. There was another time in history where anyone that wasn't "pure" was punished for any and all mistakes or misdeeds. Anyone remember when that was or at least what it was about? (hint: I'm not talking about race related matters)

Northam a racist?

I dont know, but the pic is definitely tasteless IMO.

But, as he isn't my Gov, its not my problem to solve......let his party and those that voted for him deal with it.

I dont know, but the pic is definitely tasteless IMO.

But, as he isn't my Gov, its not my problem to solve......let his party and those that voted for him deal with it.

This is a practical approach. In Virginia, Northam made a ton of political hay over Charlottesville, and transferred that onto his Republican opponent, Ed Gillespie. Northam accused Gillespie (and his supporters, by extension) of being racists of the highest order and had aggressive political attack ads air. All the while, knowing what lurked in his background. What a jerk to make racist accusations when they guy went around wearing a klan outfit!
I can't believe this photo didn't surface during the Governor's race.

He hasn't yet...and he shouldn't......It will only encourage these Right Wing assholes to dig up more non sense from the past..They are the enemy and Blue State America should never forget that

Would you feel the same way if he was a republican?

This is a practical approach. In Virginia, Northam made a ton of political hay over Charlottesville, and transferred that onto his Republican opponent, Ed Gillespie. Northam accused Gillespie (and his supporters, by extension) of being racists of the highest order and had aggressive political attack ads air. All the while, knowing what lurked in his background. What a jerk to make racist accusations when they guy went around wearing a klan outfit!
I can't believe this photo didn't surface during the Governor's race.

Oh...well, how awkward. :neutral:

I just saw a story that claimed one of Notham's nicknames around this time was "Coonman". No-one should be defending Northam. As one of his constituents he should resign before boycotting campaigns start and hurt the Va economy because of his idiotic actions as a young adult

Until the dust settles.

I'll file that in the wishful thinking department. But Trumpians certainly wished for, and got, the dust settling on Trump's sexual peccadilloes

Watching the idiot leftists is a ****ing crack up. 4 decade old allegations made by an individual that cant remember the year, month, week, where, when who was present, how she got there, how she got home, has changed her story multiple times, no one missed her when she left the party and the participants she finally settled on NONE of them ever remember there even BEING such a gathering...and the idiot leftists swallow it with a spoon and ask for seconds and demand a grown man be crucified over lies and allegations made 4 decades ago, but when their own gets shown to be in a photo in black face/Klan attire, they divert, excuse, justify, rationalize, etc.

And this kind of further demonstrates how stupid the left sounds when they claim that both parties completely flipped their positions in the 60s because of the "Southern Strategy". Racist democrats were in office before, after, and literally...nothing has changed. They just got better at ****ing over black people.

And idiot leftists cheer them on.

https://www.wavy.com/news/local-new...ansman-costume-person-in-blackface/1745954005

Va's governor caught some heat over his comments about allowing moms to abort/kill newborns, whom may ot may not be viable earlier this week. Well it now appears the Democratic governor is caught up in a little black face racism. He is being identified as the person allegedly in blackface in a 1984 medical school yearbook. Will he be given a free pass on this alleged youthful indescresion or will be forced out of office?

Was it racist when we dressed as an Indian Chief for Halloween back in the 70's?

Sometimes you just gotta use your ****ing head.

I hate Republicans....They are the enemy...It isn't about fair play...It is about defeating them...At any cost

Okay, so if he were a republican you would want him out but not a Democrat. Interesting.

Okay, so if he were a republican you would want him out but not a Democrat. Interesting.

Democrat, Republican, anyone--the pixie is the end of his political career.

Indeed...The America you think you know is over....They are the enemy...Blue State America must stay united against them

I'll file that in the wishful thinking department. But Trumpians certainly wished for, and got, the dust settling on Trump's sexual peccadilloes

Since you mention that, are you going to demand that Spartacus Booker resign?

Back
Top Bottom