• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Korea to put US spy ship captured in 1968 on display

RDS

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Not too late to recover the ship since it is still listed as commissioned. Just send an aircraft carrier there and tow the ship back.
The only US navy ship being held by a foreign government is expected to go on display this week as the centrepiece of a North Korean war museum.
With a fresh coat of paint and a new home along the Pothong river, the USS Pueblo – a spy ship seized off North Korea's east coast in the late 1960s – will be unveiled at a renovated war museum to mark what Pyongyang calls Victory Day, the anniversary of the signing of the armistice that ended hostilities in the Korean war 60 years ago on Saturday.
The ship is North Korea's greatest cold war prize, a potent symbol of how the country has stood up to the great power of the United States, once in an all-out ground war and now with its push to develop nuclear weapons and sophisticated missiles.
Many of the crew who served on the vessel, who spent 11 months in captivity in North Korea, want to bring the Pueblo home. Throughout its history, they argue, the navy's motto has been "don't give up the ship".
North Korea to put US spy ship captured in 1968 on display | World news | guardian.co.uk

Maybe they launch in missile and send to Colorado.

The boat has been on display for decades. Who cares if they move it to an official museum? How is this even news.

The boat has been on display for decades. Who cares if they move it to an official museum? How is this even news.

You will have another issue if this news was from Business Insider.

You will have another issue if this news was from Business Insider.

Business Insider is a blog with cartoonish-named writers.

Regardless, I can post from anywhere.

So? That doesn't change the fact that Business Insider is a joke.

I was wondering the same thing myself.

Pueblo is a primary tourist attraction in Pyongyang, North Korea, having attracted over 250,000 visitors since being moved to the Taedong River. Pueblo used to be anchored at the spot where it is believed the General Sherman incident took place in 1866. In late November 2012 PUEBLO was moved from the Taedong river dock to a casement on the Botong river next to the new Fatherland War of Liberation Museum. The ship was being "renovated" according to North Korean guides and is expected to be open again to tourists in late July 2013. To commemorate the anniversary of the Korean War, the ship had a new layer of paint added and was put on display at a museum.
USS Pueblo (AGER-2) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

For your info this is my second Pueblo thread. Here is the first one: http://www.debatepolitics.com/asia/...en-holding-us-navy-ship-captive-45-years.html

OK, good for you.

I pretty much universally stick in the Military and History forums, almost universally ignoring the regional areas unless somebody brings a thread to my attention.

But that's ok, I have referenced the USS Pueblo before myself.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/light...tures-thread-w-3060-a-309.html#post1062017289

The USA "won" the goal in Korea and lost the goal in Vietnam.

Which way worked out better for us?

The USA "won" the goal in Korea and lost the goal in Vietnam.

Which way worked out better for us?

Both games were uncalled for and right now you scored an own goal at home.

1968??? My god, the thing belongs in a museum or scrap yard. Amazing, people starving over there and they're building museums. :roll:

Back
Top Bottom