• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Korea on high alert after South Korean attack

spud_meister

Veni, vidi, dormivi!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Communist
North Korea on high alert after South Korean attack | The Australian

NORTH Korea fired artillery shells onto a South Korean border island today, causing casualties and prompting an exchange of fire with southern troops, officials and reports said.

The firing came after North Korea's disclosure of an apparently operational uranium enrichment program - a second potential way of building a nuclear bomb - which is causing serious alarm for the United States and its allies.

Some 50 North Korean shells landed on the South Korean island of Yeonpyeong near the tense Yellow Sea border, causing some injuries and damage to dozens of houses, YTN television reported.

This is quite a disturbing turn of events, though it's good news no-one was killed. Seems that NK is trying to destabilise the peninsula.

Thoughs?

(seems my source has the title on backwards)

Unfortunately, there were deaths. According to YLE, two confirmed deaths among SK marines. So far, no info on possible civilian deaths.

Koreoiden rajalla tykistötulta - ainakin kaksi kuollut | Ulkomaat | YLE Uutiset | yle.fi

My translation of part of the news. Google translate can help with the rest, no english version up yet.

Two South Korean soldiers have been killed and several wounded by North Korean artillery fire, Yonhap news agency says. According to South Korea, North Korea fired dozens of artillery shells on Tuesday at the South Korean border island. South Korea says they have replied to the fire. North Korea states that South Korea started the exchange.

I have to say, for once I think you're right American :mrgreen:

Exactly. MSNBC did nearly the same thing in the other thread when they slipped in the word "Reportedly" as if maybe NK didn't actually fire on the south.

j-mac

That language is used all the time by news outlets likely when getting info from second hand sources. They likely don't have a man in SK.

That language is used all the time by news outlets likely when getting info from second hand sources. They likely don't have a man in SK.

That's hard to believe. In any case, wording of headlines has long been a tell of the liberal media.

j-mac

:doh:

That's hard to believe.

It's okay you're just uninformed, US news outlets have had shrinking foreign correspondencies for a very long time. They likely rely on alot of second hand stuff when it comes to reports like this. But it's cool you're watching your tv for 'patterns' of the liberal media and stuff.

The DPRK killed 42 ROK sailors when it sank the Cheonam earlier this year with complete impunity. NK wants America and SK to pay tribute as when Clinton and Bush were in the Oval Office. NK will kill more people until Obama comes hat in hand back to the Six Party Talks. NK might even detonate a third test explosion.

The DPRK killed 42 ROK sailors when it sank the Cheonam earlier this year with complete impunity. NK wants America and SK to pay tribute as when Clinton and Bush were in the Oval Office. NK will kill more people until Obama comes hat in hand back to the Six Party Talks. NK might even detonate a third test explosion.

So what do you do when a child throws a temper tantrum?

It's okay you're just uninformed, US news outlets have had shrinking foreign correspondencies for a very long time. They likely rely on alot of second hand stuff when it comes to reports like this. But it's cool you're watching your tv for 'patterns' of the liberal media and stuff.

Nonsense....All major news outlets have bureaus in Asia, and most in South Korea.

j-mac

Nonsense....All major news outlets have bureaus in Asia, and most in South Korea.

j-mac
Some people shouldnt talk about others being uninformed when they clearly have no clue what THEY are talking about.

When the child is holding a Glock .45 caliber semi-automatic, I seek cover. You have a choice my friend: Small Govt. or Empire. Choose wisely.

Small govt would use a 50cal at 1500 meters.

You are correct. MSNBC does not have a bureau in South Korea.
NBC News - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Foreign bureaus (NBC News/CNBC/MSNBC)
Johannesburg, South Africa (CNBC Africa headquarters)
Kabul, Afghanistan (NBC News)
Nairobi, Kenya (CNBC Africa)
Abuja, Nigeria (CNBC Africa)
Lagos, Nigeria (CNBC Africa)
Cape Town, South Africa (CNBC Africa)
London, UK (NBC News, CNBC Europe headquarters)
Singapore (CNBC Asia headquarters)
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia (CNBC Asia)
Tokyo, Japan (CNBC Asia)
Hong Kong (CNBC Asia)
Beijing, China (NBC News, MSNBC, and CNBC)
Frankfurt, Germany (CNBC Europe)
Baghdad, Iraq (MSNBC and CNBC Asia)
Beiruit, Lebanon (MSNBC and CNBC Asia)
Jerusalem, Israel (MSNBC and CNBC Asia)
New Delhi, India (CNBC Asia)

The Govt. should be unarmed.
Yes and we all should be sitting in a daisy chain smoking the best weed, over sized pillows, rose colored glasses, thinking happy thoughts. But this is called reality where guns rule. WAKE THE **** UP!

Yes and we all should be sitting in a daisy chain smoking the best weed, over sized pillows, rose colored glasses, thinking happy thoughts. But this is called reality where guns rule. WAKE THE **** UP!

We have a different consciousness. My vision of America has only one enemy in the entire world. The American Left and the federal beast on which it rides. It's ok for you and me to have guns. It's not ok for the federal govt. to have guns.

Only the American Left has threatened to transform my vision of America out of existence. North Korea, China, Russia, Iran and Al Qaeda are not problems if America stays out of their business, and comes home to adjust the attitude of the American Left.

Get with the program and keep your eye on the ball.

Back
Top Bottom