• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Korea detonates DMZ guard posts at southern border

Who managed to convince the President of the United States to make military concessions in exchange for conversation at a date tbd and a couple of boxes of what will probably turn out to be bovine bones if history is any indication. Trump is an oaf. A very narcissistic one hence the commemorative coins to celebrate that nonsense.

You have some nerve. It was not a couple of boxes, it was 55 boxes of several remains, dog tags, and belongings of fellow Americans that served this country proudly.

You're unable to make an articulate description of what that would entail, how it would play out, what the aftermath would be and what the consequences would be soon after, nor are you able to accept the fact that China would never allow it, and would take actions in response that would quite unpleasant for us.

Just repeating your prior question with a fantasy (total wipe out) attached is meaningless and childish.

Looks like you can waffle a lot but are unable to answer a simple question ... :lol:

So (grin), ... "Did Kim make that agreement with South Korea before or after Trump promised him a total wipe-out of his nation?"

I seem to remember the response being North Korea refusing to budge on their nuclear arsenal and China publicly stating that they would intervene on behalf of North Korea if the United States launched a pre-emptive strike.

You may disagree with Trump's tactics but it worked. North Korea caved and begged for a meeting with Trump.

You're not following DPRK's recent actions vis a vis their weapons infrastructure.

North Korea Tests New Ultramodern Weapon

Kim inspects new weapon

Satellite images reveal hidden North Korean missile bases

Key UN committee condemns North Korean human rights violations

I'm going to agree with Crosscheck:
Kim is a hungry rat and South Korea is one big hunk of cheese.

And in the end, it's CHINA who is functioning as the rational actor and guarantor for Kim's behavior.
I still say that the day Kim was summoned to Xi's presidential palace, (immediately after Kim blew up that mountain on the border in an undeclared nuclear accident) Xi ripped him a new arsehole.

Who managed to convince the President of the United States to make military concessions in exchange for conversation at a date tbd and a couple of boxes of what will probably turn out to be bovine bones if history is any indication. Trump is an oaf. A very narcissistic one hence the commemorative coins to celebrate that nonsense.

The boxes with the remains have arrived less than 6 months ago - 2 American veterans have already been identified.

I seem to remember the response being North Korea refusing to budge on their nuclear arsenal and China publicly stating that they would intervene on behalf of North Korea if the United States launched a pre-emptive strike.

And you better believe they would, too.

You have some nerve. It was not a couple of boxes, it was 55 boxes of several remains, dog tags, and belongings of fellow Americans that served this country proudly.

Last I heard those “remains” have yet to be tested and North Korea has a history of extorting the United States for piles of bones that aren’t even always human let alone American.

Yup; I also remember China saying that they would not interfere should NK make the first strike against the US ...

So, back to my question: "Did Kim make that agreement with South Korea before or after Trump promised him a total wipe-out of his nation?"

Yup; I also remember China saying that they would not interfere should NK make the first strike against the US ...

So, back to my question: "Did Kim make that agreement with South Korea before or after Trump promised him a total wipe-out of his nation?"

The two are completely unrelated. This is a product of the inter-Korean summit in September. The tweet you’re referring to was a back and forth about North Korea’s nuclear arsenal - which they still have not agreed to dismantle. Kim isn’t concerned about Trump’s ham fisted and idle threats especially while under the protection of China.

Last edited:
The two are completely unrelated. This is a product of the inter-Korean summit in September. The tweet you’re referring to was a back and forth about North Korea’s nuclear arsenal - which they still have not agreed to dismantle. Kim isn’t concerned about Trump’s ham fisted and idle threats especially while under the protection of China.

Don't know what the heck you're talking about ...

- The thread is "North Korea detonates DMZ guard posts at southern border"

- JoanDavis wrote: Did you read the article? Kim Jong Un is doing this because of an agreement he made with the South Korean President. Kim Jong Un wants to share next year's Nobel Peace Prize with South Korea. And boy is Cadet Bone Spurs gonna have ANOTHER childish tantrum when that happens.

- I asked JoanDavis: "Did Kim make that agreement with South Korea before or after Trump promised him a total wipe-out of his nation?"

- Checkerboard and you made some stupid comments to my question, but neither JoanDavis nor you or checkerboard answered my question as to when the agreement was made.

:lol:

Don't know what the heck you're talking about ...

- The thread is "North Korea detonates DMZ guard posts at southern border"

- JoanDavis wrote: Did you read the article? Kim Jong Un is doing this because of an agreement he made with the South Korean President. Kim Jong Un wants to share next year's Nobel Peace Prize with South Korea. And boy is Cadet Bone Spurs gonna have ANOTHER childish tantrum when that happens.

- I asked JoanDavis: "Did Kim make that agreement with South Korea before or after Trump promised him a total wipe-out of his nation?"

- Checkerboard and you made some stupid comments to my question, but neither JoanDavis nor you or checkerboard answered my question as to when the agreement was made.

:lol:

You’re trying to connect dots that don’t exist. There is no relation between the agreement reached at the inter-Korean summit and Trump’s tweets which were regarding an entirely different subject.

Looks like you can waffle a lot but are unable to answer a simple question ... :lol:

It isn't waffling because you're unable to back up your prior statement, the one about totally wiping out North Korea.
It's your argument, so you're the one who has to flesh it out and support it.

So one more time, how would that "total wipe-out" work?
If you can't back that up, you have no argument, just an asinine and unsupportable fantasy.

And you think that’s worth undermining the security of the peninsula? Even if all of them do turn out to be human and American - it only proves that Trump can be leveraged.

It's worth pointing out that you are totally uninformed about the returned remains from North Korea ... ;)

A total wipe-out, one promised by Trump, according to you, is a North Korean first strike?
In what universe, Bizarro World?

Can you pass some hip waders, the bullcrap is getting deep.

It isn't waffling because you're unable to back up your prior statement, the one about totally wiping out North Korea.
It's your argument, so you're the one who has to flesh it out and support it.

So one more time, how would that "total wipe-out" work?
If you can't back that up, you have no argument, just an asinine and unsupportable fantasy.

Was the agreement between Kim and South Korea made before or after Trump gently wagged his finger :lamo at Kim?

:lamo :lamo

It's worth pointing out that you are totally uninformed about the returned remains from North Korea ... ;)

Not really. Of course, I can’t say I care about a pile of old bones harkening back to a war we had no business being involved in. Certainly not enough to make grave strategic errors and especially without confirmation of what they are first.

A total wipe-out, one promised by Trump, according to you, is a North Korean first strike?
In what universe, Bizarro World?

Can you pass some hip waders, the bullcrap is getting deep.

Hip waders wouldn't help you anymore ... you're already up to your eyeballs in your own bullcrap. :)

Not really. Of course, I can’t say I care about a pile old bones harkening back to a war we had no business being involved in. Certainly not enough to make grave strategic errors and especially without confirmation of what they are first.

I think their relatives do care ...

180920181325-us-soldiers-nk-exlarge-169.jpg

It's not like I'm pinning any hopes on such a thing actually happening.
I'm only saying that if we could get assurances that could be verified, paying them a few billion a year as an allowance would be relatively cheap.

And if pigs could fly...

But sure, I'd go along with paying them off.

I am keeping a light on for you old friend...You and Chompers....I have decided that I am not going to give up on either one of you.

What comes comes.

Its a small but significant step toward peace. Anyone who thinks this process was going to happen any other way is fooling themselves. What im interested in seeing is what our side does to move this forward.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom