• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Korea Confirms Test of Its Largest Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Yet

sanman

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
North Korea was feeling left out of the news - so it decided to join the party:

North Korea Confirms Test of Its Largest Intercontinental Ballistic Missile Yet

North Korea has confirmed that it tested a new, powerful type of intercontinental ballistic missile, marking an end to a self-imposed moratorium on long-range testing in place since 2017 and drawing international condemnation.

State media said on Friday that leader Kim Jong-un had directly guided the test of the Hwasong-17 – a “new type” of intercontinental ballistic missile that is North Korea’s biggest to date. He said the North would continue to develop a “nuclear war deterrent” while preparing for a “long-standing confrontation” with the US.

The missile reportedly flew for 1,090km (681 miles) to a maximum altitude of 6,248.5km (3,905 miles) and hit a target in the sea.

The unprecedentedly large new missile demonstrates that North Korea can now hit cities on the US mainland.

Can we deal with one crazy person set on freaking global war at a time, please?

North Korea was feeling left out of the news - so it decided to join the party:

The unprecedentedly large new missile demonstrates that North Korea can now hit cities on the US mainland.
Thanks for nothing, Trump. But hey, at least you gave North Korea the international legitimacy they’d always craved.

Yes, because anything you dont like is because of Joe Biden. This has been a culmination of foreign policy failures by successive administrations.
Trump had NK under his finger as he did Putin.

Edit: After posting this, I came across this article. Biden has all kinds of former Obama losers advising him, one of which was responsible for 13 Marine deaths in Afghanistan. Biden is NOT running this country. He never was very smart and he is now too senile to run anything.

"In 2018, the Trump administration revealed the U.S. military killed hundreds of pro-Assad Russian mercenaries in Syria in airstrikes. The administration also pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal that year. Later, Trump also unilaterally pulled out of the three-decade-old Open Skies Treaty with Russia in 2020.

"Yet the fact is that Trump’s foreign policy, in action, was more successful. Biden’s policy appeasement, on the other hand, has been a 15-year project. It’s no surprise that Putin thinks this is the time to strike," National Review's David Harsanyi wrote just days ahead of the invasion last month."

Last edited:

Biden could stopo North Korea with strong language like he used with Putin. Maybe he should call Kin Jung Un a dog-faced pony soldier.

Trump responded to North Korea launching an ICBM by lifting sanctions on the country. Sounds maybe like Kim Jong Un is the one who had Trump under his thumb?
Why is it that these horrible things happen only under the Biden/Obama presidency?

You know what It's time to do -- send Kamala & Rodman to Pyongyang

Cory Booker was busy with SCOTUS

Why is it that these horrible things happen only under the Biden/Obama presidency?
Why is it that pandemics start only under the Trump presidency?

Why is it that pandemics start only under the Trump presidency?
I have said that blaming a virus on a president is stupid. You don't see me blaming Biden for more deaths than Trump.

By the way, just what did Trump do or not do that caused deaths? Spearhead the campaign to create a vaccine in record time perhaps?

On WAIT!!! He said masks don't work....no no.,WAIT, That was Fausti. (I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet so forgive me)

I have said that blaming a virus on a president is stupid. You don't see me blaming Biden for more deaths than Trump.

By the way, just what did Trump do or not do that caused deaths? Spearhead the campaign to create a vaccine in record time perhaps?

On WAIT!!! He said masks don't work....no no.,WAIT, That was Fausti. (I haven't had my second cup of coffee yet so forgive me)
No more stupid than saying horrible things only happen under Obama/Biden.

No more stupid than saying horrible things only happen under Obama/Biden.
Seems funny that there were no invasions and mass killings of civilians in Ukraine while Trump was there and that Trump knew how to deal with Kim Jung Un.

Look, LWF, your defense of this horrible senile old fool president is crazy and the only reason you and others do it is that he is far left after running as a centrist. Here ya go

Trump had NK under his finger as he did Putin.

Edit: After posting this, I came across this article. Biden has all kinds of former Obama losers advising him, one of which was responsible for 13 Marine deaths in Afghanistan. Biden is NOT running this country. He never was very smart and he is now too senile to run anything.

"In 2018, the Trump administration revealed the U.S. military killed hundreds of pro-Assad Russian mercenaries in Syria in airstrikes. The administration also pulled out of the Iran nuclear deal that year. Later, Trump also unilaterally pulled out of the three-decade-old Open Skies Treaty with Russia in 2020.

"Yet the fact is that Trump’s foreign policy, in action, was more successful. Biden’s policy appeasement, on the other hand, has been a 15-year project. It’s no surprise that Putin thinks this is the time to strike," National Review's David Harsanyi wrote just days ahead of the invasion last month."
Trump was not able to pressure NK to make any important changes, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. It was only after negotiations were started in earnest that concessions and a compromise started to form. That fell apart tho.

Seems funny that there were no invasions and mass killings of civilians in Ukraine while Trump was there and that Trump knew how to deal with Kim Jung Un.

Look, LWF, your defense of this horrible senile old fool president is crazy and the only reason you and others do it is that he is far left after running as a centrist. Here ya go

Ah yes. Good ol' Fox News.

https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/fox-news-bias/

1648219804378.png

Trump was not able to pressure NK to make any important changes, so I'm not sure what you're talking about. It was only after negotiations were started in earnest that concessions and a compromise started to form. That fell apart tho.
This Biden/Obama administration believes in appeasement and global consensus. This is making America a third-world nation where we must consult with foreign enemies before we make a move. We are no longer the leader of the free world but just a member of global nations concerned with angering other leaders. Biden thought that Putin wouldn't invade Ukraine because of sanctions and thought China would back him up if they did. The people advising Biden have records of failure and being naive and inept....the same advisors and generals responsible for the fiasco in Afghanistan and on oil. People like Buttigieg who take 4 months off while the docks are not moving. Idiots leading the country today.

This is a time when I might concede that Un might be flexing since Biden is in the White House. But I think it's because he knows Biden won't pay him any mind. Which he shouldn't . Un is still probably upset that he isn't getting regular hand jobs from the President of the United States like he did when Trump was president. In any event, this is all show and no go. Un is a dick but he's not suicidal.

Back
Top Bottom