• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Carolina's GOP Gerrymandering Expert: Busted. Resigns.

CaughtInThe

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Rep. David Lewis resigns from N.C. House after federal charges – The North State Journal

"Court documents filed today assert that Lewis’ campaign issued checks in the amount of $50,000 and $15,000 to the bank account of an entity called “NC GOP Inc.” This account was created by Lewis in 2018 and it was not affiliated with the NC Republican Party."

Let's look at what this guy did to North Carolina...

• Lewis was the co-chair of the elections committee, responsible for the voter identification legislation as well as his work on the most recent round of redistricting in the State of North Carolina.
  • This redistricting has been challenged as an instance of partisan gerrymandering.
  • In his role as NC House redistricting leader, Lewis said that he wanted the maps drawn “to give a partisan advantage to 10 Republicans and three Democrats because [he did] not believe it’s possible to draw a map with 11 Republicans and two Democrats.”
  • In addition, he stated: “I think electing Republicans is better than electing Democrats. So I drew this map to help foster what I think is better for the country.”
  • During a fraud investigation into the 2018 U.S. House race in North Carolina's 9th district where a Republican operative conducted large-scale electoral fraud, Lewis introduced a bill that would put Republicans in charge of every election board in every election year.

440px-DRLewis.jpg

i'm not sure everyone realizes what a huge deal this is for one of our States.

Back
Top Bottom