• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Carolina judges block voter ID law, saying it discriminates against Black people

Then be more specific with your posts.
Was I talking to you? If you have trouble with a specific post that wasn't directed at you, perhaps you might take it upon yourself to follow the bread crumbs back to where the exchange began. If you expect a slight sidetrack to explain itself as such with background info in each mildly sidetracked post, you're in for a big disappointment.

This is my OP thread.

You know what you can do with that attitude.

You were apparently talking to yourself.

Your pots are not only BS, they're nonsensical to boot.
It seems likely I would be talking to the person I was quoting.

Big Steve said:
Nonsense.

There's no reason in the world that blacks can't get ID's.

None.

You don't live in the real world, my friend. Or, you're lying to yourself.

Even in Georgia there appear to be some rational conservatives - at least one anyway

Duncan says party leaders pushed restrictive election laws 'because they got scared'

• In a new book, GA Lt Gov. Geoff Duncan said that GOP leaders pushing restrictive voting laws are "scared."
  • "Many held to the theory that if more people vote, Republicans will lose," he wrote.
In his newly-released book, "GOP 2.0," the lieutenant governor laid out a case for a more independent and inclusive party, while also acknowledging the consequences of Republican mistrust in voting systems, especially as the 2021 legislative session began in the Peach State.

"Many held to the theory that if more people vote, Republicans will lose," he wrote. "Is that true? No. But the former president and other leaders convinced many in our party that is true."

One might think that a certain demographic is afraid of becoming a minority in the USA

Actually, he said they gave no discriminatory reason at all.
Which would have been a much better response, even if not true, then claiming the judges are racist.

Again, my point being, right wingers claim to be patriots who love America, but any decision, ruling or election that doesn't go their way, and they attack it like rabid dogs with the same old canned narratives.

It has gotten predictable and tiring to be quite frank.

Which would have been a much better response, even if not true, then claiming the judges are racist.

Again, my point being, right wingers claim to be patriots who love America, but any decision, ruling or election that doesn't go their way, and they attack it like rabid dogs with the same old canned narratives.

It has gotten predictable and tiring to be quite frank.
The left is no different. "Right wing corrupt court" blah blah blah...

The left is no different. "Right wing corrupt court" blah blah blah...
And then there is that arguement.

Hard to counter as I am sure examples of such are readily available.

I would argue that not only do I hear terms that serve to tear down America's institutions; for example, "deep state" or "activist judge" or "enemy of the people" (referring to the press) more from Trump supporters but I would argue that Trump and his supporters in Congress themselves, have taken these terms mainstream on the federal government level much more then democrats.

So hear we are.

Your arguement could well be and likely is, the oppisate.

America in snapshot.

None of them are prevented in any way from obtaining an ID
Not willing to read, I take it. So be it. Kind of amazing all these dozens of posts not based upon the decision or the law, just canned responses based upon supposition and predetermined outcome.

And then there is that arguement.

Hard to counter as I am sure examples of such are readily available.

I would argue that not only do I hear terms that serve to tear down America's institutions; for example, "deep state" or "activist judge" or "enemy of the people" (referring to the press) more from Trump supporters but I would argue that Trump and his supporters in Congress themselves, have taken these terms mainstream on the federal government level much more then democrats.

So hear we are.

Your arguement could well be and likely is, the oppisate.

America in snapshot.
So you're reduced to a simple special pleading. "My side's commission of the same behavior is different because reasons."

Nah.

You don't live in the real world, my friend. Or, you're lying to yourself.

You seem to be saying that in "the real world"....blacks are incapable of securing ID for themselves?

Why do you see them as incapable of doing that?

So you're reduced to a simple special pleading. "My side's commission of the same behavior is different because reasons."

Nah.
If you didn't read and understand my post you could definitely think that.

Otherwise you are just proving my point.

If you didn't read and understand my post you could definitely think that.

Otherwise you are just proving my point.
Or, I read and understood what you're saying, but just don't buy your special pleading.

Not willing to read, I take it. So be it. Kind of amazing all these dozens of posts not based upon the decision or the law, just canned responses based upon supposition and predetermined outcome.
I read it. not a single person is unable to obtain an ID.

Shame on those North Carolina judges for refusing to support laws that prevent crooked elections.

The United States Supreme Court may not have the courage to support the law because the conservative justices are already shaking in their boots at the possibility of court packing.
Foolish statement. Unless you define crooked elections by minorities voting.

You can always look up the 211 page ruling.

A different 3 judge panel ruled last month that the state’s felon disenfranchisement rules are unconstitutional.

NC court grants voting rights to thousands of people on probation or parole for a felony

PS. An ID is not the same as a NC required photo ID.
So the judges believe that only blacks are criminals?

That's some pretty forward thinking from them.

FWIW, here's the NC Voter Registration Form. You have to provide a name, an address and a DOB. If you've never voted before you also need to provide something to verify your name and address. That "something" can be as little as a pay stub. For those that aren't aware, you can use any number of sites to simply make up a pay stub. Once you're registered you can request a mail in ballot and no ID is required for filing that either.

Now, with that information, how secure do you really think the NC voter system is? How difficult, with these meager controls, would it be for someone to just make up a fake name and fake DOB but use a real address and provide a fake pay stub or, better yet (in case someone thinks of that) use the online pay stub site to re-create a pay stub from a real employer but just use the fake name?
How about this. Go find evidence that NC has had statistically significant voter fraud issues in the past.

read it. there isn't a single one who is unable to obtain an ID
Then, obviously DIDN'T read it (at least not for comprehension). Moreover, impossible is not the same as unconstitutional. Do the difficulties of obtaining an ID a) impose a burden on those who wish to vote? b) do those burdens have a disparate impact? THAT is the constitutional standard, and the law didn't meet it.

What is most infuriating in reading these responses is the inability (or unwillingness) to comprehend or apply the actual standards or even common sense. Those are addressed in detail in the opinion. I've addressed them innumerable times in these threads.

Foolish statement. Unless you define crooked elections by minorities voting.
The weight of posts would indicate that is exactly the problem.

You seem to be saying that in "the real world"....blacks are incapable of securing ID for themselves?

Why do you see them as incapable of doing that?
"impossible is not the same as unconstitutional. Do the difficulties of obtaining an ID a) impose a burden on those who wish to vote? b) do those burdens have a disparate impact? THAT is the constitutional standard, and the law didn't meet it."

If you can't address the actual standards, don't post. You're wasting everyone's time.

"impossible is not the same as unconstitutional. Do the difficulties of obtaining an ID a) impose a burden on those who wish to vote? b) do those burdens have a disparate impact? THAT is the constitutional standard, and the law didn't meet it."

If you can't address the actual standards, don't post. You're wasting everyone's time.
There are standards? We just thought we could say anyone can get an ID.🙄

Whether by discriminatory Jim Crow voting laws or by racial gerrymandering, Republicans are always working to stifle the votes of people of color.

If they put as much energy into formulating policies that appeal to all voters, they wouldn't need to rig the election process.
Look more Racist Libs trying to cheat a voting by saying other people are Racist !.....

Back
Top Bottom