• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

North Carolina GOP mistakenly attacks Kaine for 'shameful' Marine pin honoring son

Hatuey

Rule of Two
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
North Carolina GOP called Kaine “shameful� for pin honoring his Marine son | McClatchy DC

When Democratic vice presidential nominee Sen. Tim Kaine addressed the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia Wednesday night, the North Carolina GOP thought it quickly spotted something wrong.

“[Tim Kaine] wears a Honduras flag pin on his jacket but no American flag,” the state party tweeted as he was speaking. “Shameful.”
There was one problem: Kaine’s pin, which had a single blue star on a white background bordered with red, wasn’t the flag of Honduras, where he spent a year as a missionary decades ago. It was the symbol for Blue Star Families, or those with members serving in the military.

Full blown flag-o-philia is on for the GOP. What's most important about this is that these super pro-Americans can't identify what I can only assume is a regularly seen pin in their state. The people who did this, after all, are NCs GOP. With 10s of thousands of army members and military families in NC, I would assume that this pin is somewhat of a fixture in NC social gatherings.

I guess they either thought it was the Honduran flag and tried to score some quick points with the xenophobes, or they really had no clue what this was and went with the first flag they thought looked like it.

Re: North Carolina GOP mistakenly attacks Kaine for 'shameful' Marine pin honoring so

It's pretty ironic that the "patriot" party screwed up like that, but it isn't about the misses as much as it is about the hits when it comes to this sort of thing. It's just how gossip politics works.

Re: North Carolina GOP mistakenly attacks Kaine for 'shameful' Marine pin honoring so

Yeah....that was a pretty significant 'ooopsie'. If the person making the comment has any character, a public apology should be forthcoming.

Not a hard mistake to make if you are looking at an open boarders liberal that wants to bring his kids in Honduras to the US. And their kids too.

North Carolina GOP called Kaine “shameful� for pin honoring his Marine son | McClatchy DC

Full blown flag-o-philia is on for the GOP. What's most important about this is that these super pro-Americans can't identify what I can only assume is a regularly seen pin in their state. The people who did this, after all, are NCs GOP. With 10s of thousands of army members and military families in NC, I would assume that this pin is somewhat of a fixture in NC social gatherings.

I guess they either thought it was the Honduran flag and tried to score some quick points with the xenophobes, or they really had no clue what this was and went with the first flag they thought looked like it.[/FONT][/COLOR]

Not only that, Donald Trump studied his record as governor of New Jersey and found it appalling!:lamo

Not a hard mistake to make if you are looking at an open boarders liberal that wants to bring his kids in Honduras to the US. And their kids too.

How many of your kids are serving in the military? What branch of the military did you serve in? Unless you have positive answers to those questions you should STFU about criticizing anybody honoring their military son.

Yeah....that was a pretty significant 'ooopsie'. If the person making the comment has any character, a public apology should be forthcoming.

I wouldn't be holding my breath on that one. Trumpies never apologize for anything.

But it's an easy mistake to make for a group that's eternally looking for something to be outraged by and constantly in a state of butthurt.

Must be a slow news day.

Please let us know if any other states made this mistake, or perhaps gave an unflattering remark about the color of his tie.

But it's an easy mistake to make for a group that's eternally looking for something to be outraged by and constantly in a state of butthurt.

You do realize that the above describes not just certain asshats in the Republican Party, but also certain asshats in the Democratic Party along with most of their constituencies? The Democrats are the party of the pissed off "you owe me" group that's, as you say, eternally looking for something to be outraged by and constantly in a state of butthurt.

As for the OP subject, as a NC resident and, for now, a lifelong member of the GOP, I can easily see how some idiot in the NCGOP would have reactively tweeted that ignorant statement.

Not a hard mistake to make if you are looking at an open boarders liberal

An easy mistake to make if yer an ignorant RW jerk.

This is more interesting

Damn. Somebody figured it out. Yer just too clever for us.

Yeah.....wrong political party.

So, how many Soviet flags are still flying at the convention?

So, how many Soviet flags are still flying at the convention?

Well, I understand the Donald has several at his place. Of course when you depend on the Russians for much of your wealth, it's hardly surprising.

How many of your kids are serving in the military? What branch of the military did you serve in? Unless you have positive answers to those questions you should STFU about criticizing anybody honoring their military son.

I think that was a little over the line. People can't talk about the military unless they were in the military. Oh, if they were in, they can only talk about the specific branch they were in? Otherwise STFU? Come on.

Well, I understand the Donald has several at his place. Of course when you depend on the Russians for much of your wealth, it's hardly surprising.

You know that Russia doesn't fly that flag anymore, right? :lamo

Army, 11M. You?

I think that was a little over the line. People can't talk about the military unless they were in the military. Oh, if they were in, they can only talk about the specific branch they were in? Otherwise STFU? Come on.

That's not what I said. What I said was if you don't have children in the service or you didn't serve yourself, you should STFU about criticizing a father who pays tribute to his military son. Try a reading comprehension course. But I know how you Libertarians feel about military service, so I suppose I shouldn't be surprised by your cavalier dismissal of those who serve honorably.

You know that Russia doesn't fly that flag anymore, right? :lamo

Oh, well that makes a big difference:lamo He's still a Putin stooge - the same Putin who used to be a KGB Colonel.

Army, 11M. You?

I don't believe a single word you say. In any event, the post was not directed at you. Unless you want to ridicule Kaine for honoring his son. In which case it does apply to you.

Oh, well that makes a big difference:lamo He's still a Putin stooge - the same Putin who used to be a KGB Colonel.

But now Putin supports Trump, so it's all good.

I don't believe a single word you say. In any event, the post was not directed at you. Unless you want to ridicule Kaine for honoring his son. In which case it does apply to you.

What unit were you in?

But now Putin supports Trump, so it's all good.

If Obama wasn't such a *****, Putin would have been afraid to pull that ****.

Back
Top Bottom