• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NORML to launch Pro-Legalization commercial

Joby

Reactor Janitor
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0mEDE_w1xo"]YouTube - Legalization: Yes We Can[/ame]

Oh hell to the yes.

After years and years of enduring those stupid "Above the influence" and "the anti-drug" ads, seeing a pro-pot ad has been almost up there with legalization itself in my hopes.

I have yet to see the ad since I heard about this, but I have seen several "Above the Influence" ads.

Notice: Every one of those feature middle class, almost exclusively white, suburban teenagers. Maybe they are just aiming for that demographic, knowing that common sense and the euphoria of potsmoke will prevail if they don't show white kids getting drawn on because they passed out.

Whatever, I seriously feel like a page has been turned. Not this year, not next year, but common sense will win. The biggest thing anti-pot people have to fear is what Shwarzeneggar is pushing for: debate.

PS don't know where this was to go or if it had been discussed previously.

Great, when will it actually hit the airwaves? I don't use the stuff, but I see the merit in legalizing it.

I agree with this I would ask any logical person to look to the north and ask themselves if society in Canada has all but crumbled because of their marijuana "problem"

I'm actually for the legalization of all drugs because there is a demand you cannot keep people from selling or using them all they are doing is making this illegal trade yield astronomical profit potential

But I think I saw on a youtube video with youngturks (I don't agree with everything they say) but they said that basically Obama said he would address whichever issue had the most votes on some website marijuana legalization had by far the highest number of votes and he hardly took the question seriously and kind of joked around about it

So no I don't think Obama would use his political capital for anything but messing up our economy more

btw I don't use it either I just think people who do aren't criminals

Back
Top Bottom