• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Normalizing lawlessness

Simpletruther

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
The left in general has been guilty of downplaying the lawless rioters for months now.

We just saw don lemon admitting it, and because the polls are moving,he is urging the dems to step up and condemn it more vocally.

The cost of the silence may be very high. It creates within these rioters a sense of justification when even “respectable” society seems ok with it at times.

Further, it can hsve long term effects as becoming a way of life, people get used to it, cops begin to ignore it more etc. And those areas will suffer long term economic depression. Successful people will NOT stay in areas they feel threatened.

There is blood on the lefts hands here on this, there is no way around it.

More physical and economic harm has come from rioters in three months than all the criminal behavior of cops combined in the last 3 decades. It’s truly insane. It’s like burning your house down to kill thst spider you saw.

And I think the blatant obvious nature of this will move the needle on the black vote. I am seeing signs blacks are waking up, even if in small numbers to the insanity of it, and to the left complicity.

The left in general has been guilty of downplaying the lawless rioters for months now.

We just saw don lemon admitting it, and because the polls are moving,he is urging the dems to step up and condemn it more vocally.

The cost of the silence may be very high. It creates within these rioters a sense of justification when even “respectable” society seems ok with it at times.

Further, it can hsve long term effects as becoming a way of life, people get used to it, cops begin to ignore it more etc. And those areas will suffer long term economic depression. Successful people will NOT stay in areas they feel threatened.

More physical and economic harm has come from rioters in three months than all the criminal behavior of cops combined in the last 3 decades. It’s truly insane. It’s like burning your house down to kill thst spider you saw.

And I think the blatant obvious nature of this will move the needle on the black vote. I am seeing signs blacks are waking up, even if in small numbers to the insanity of it, and to the left complicity.

Agree? Disagree?

More physical and economic harm has come from rioters in three months than all the criminal behavior of cops combined in the last 3 decades.

No way.

Yes way.

The murder rate has spiked greatly because of this stuff. Lawlessness has real world consequences. Add the to that the billions in property damage, ruined businesses etc. some of these places will suffer for years as a direct result of this lawlessness.

On the other hand, cops maybe murdered 3 or 4 blacks all of last year, by looking at the FBI statistics.

are we speaking of white collar crime that happens each day?

oh. because rioting is unusual. white collar crime happens daily.

interesting which gets virtually no press.
Rioting slowly becoming not so unusual.

This is really off topic though. Cops unjustly killing blacks is incredibly unusual too.

Yes, and while Trump is busy preaching fear, doom and gloom about what he predicts will happen under Biden, perhaps he should examine what's happening under his watch! 'Party of law and order' my sweet arse!:lamo Be careful though, I hear MS13 are moving in next door to you! Trump said so therefore it's true.

Last edited:
Yes, and while Trump is busy preaching fear, doom and gloom about what he predicts will happen under Biden, perhaps he should examine what's happening under his watch! 'Party of law and order' my sweet arse!
Rich, blaming him for he failure of local dems to establish law and order, as they refuse trumps help.

Rioting slowly becoming not so unusual.

This is really off topic though. Cops unjustly killing blacks is incredibly unusual too.

actually the rioting will stop just like it did during the founding of our country.

well, unless you think a month or two is huge and virtually every day of our country's existence (white collar crime) is nothing.

actually the rioting will stop just like it did during the founding of our country.

well, unless you think a month or two is huge and virtually every day of our country's existence (white collar crime) is nothing.

Maybe. It might become a way of life though. We don’t know the future.

The riots only stopped during our founding by a war.

No I would wager it will stop. But the human suffering is piling up, lots more murder happening right now, billions in property damage, no telling how many suicides will result from this, and on and on.

White collar crime is bad, but we don’t see it happening like this, so it’s not talked about much.

Evidence? We see the evidence of the lawless riots.

A lot of law enforcement people over the years have been involved in the distribution of illegal drugs and weapons in addition to everything else. It's naive to think a few months of protests/riots dwarfs the wrongdoing done by law enforcement over three decades.

A lot of law enforcement people over the years have been involved in the distribution of illegal drugs and weapons in addition to everything else. It's naive to think a few months of protests/riots dwarfs the wrongdoing done by law enforcement over three decades.

Evidence?

Again, we see the riots, we see the huge spike in murder rates resulting from this. The scale of human suffering is vast.

Evidence?

Again, we see the riots, we see the huge spike in murder rates resulting from this. The scale of human suffering is vast.

I'm not in competition with you. If you won't accept what is common knowledge without evidence then I'm not really interested.

Back
Top Bottom