• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Normal law-abiding gun owner shoots child.

Manc Skipper

Wrinkly member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Liberal
This conscientious father even took him to the "safest gun range in the world" but it wasn't safe enough.

"A w[FONT=&quot]eekend celebrating America turned tragic for one family when a father shot his son at the High Noon Gun Range in Sarasota, Florida.[/FONT][FONT=&quot]William Brumby was using the last shooting lane with a solid wall on his right-hand side when a spent shell ricocheted off of the wall and bounced into the back of his shirt. According to a WFLA report, that was when the man used his right hand, which was holding his loaded weapon, to remove the shell. He recklessly pointed his firearm behind him and it accidently fired.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]The shot hit his 14-year-old-son, Stephen. He was rushed to Sarasota Memorial Hospital but died as a result of the injury. ... "[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]There are no charges pending for Brumby but an investigation is ongoing.[/FONT]

Florida father accidentally shoots and kills his 14-year-old son at ‘world’s safest’ gun range

This conscientious father even took him to the "safest gun range in the world" but it wasn't safe enough.

"A w[FONT="]eekend celebrating America turned tragic for one family when a father shot his son at the High Noon Gun Range in Sarasota, Florida.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#505050][FONT="]William Brumby was using the last shooting lane with a solid wall on his right-hand side when a spent shell ricocheted off of the wall and bounced into the back of his shirt. According to a WFLA report, that was when the man used his right hand, which was holding his loaded weapon, to remove the shell. He recklessly pointed his firearm behind him and it accidently fired.[/FONT]
[FONT="]The shot hit his 14-year-old-son, Stephen. He was rushed to Sarasota Memorial Hospital but died as a result of the injury. ... "[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#505050][FONT="]There are no charges pending for Brumby but an investigation is ongoing.[/FONT]

Florida father accidentally shoots and kills his 14-year-old son at ‘world’s safest’ gun range

How exactly does a gun "accidentally" fire? I have been shooting guns for over 30 years and I have never had a gun fire without pulling the trigger

"A w[FONT="]eekend celebrating America turned tragic for one family when a father shot his son at the High Noon Gun Range in Sarasota, Florida.[/FONT][/COLOR][COLOR=#505050][FONT="]William Brumby was using the last shooting lane with a solid wall on his right-hand side when a spent shell ricocheted off of the wall and bounced into the back of his shirt. According to a WFLA report, that was when the man used his right hand, which was holding his loaded weapon, to remove the shell. He recklessly pointed his firearm behind him and it accidently fired.[/FONT]
[FONT="]The shot hit his 14-year-old-son, Stephen. He was rushed to Sarasota Memorial Hospital but died as a result of the injury. ... "[/FONT][/COLOR]
[COLOR=#505050][FONT="]There are no charges pending for Brumby but an investigation is ongoing.[/FONT]

**** happens and he should be charged with a crime.

**** happens and he should be charged with a crime.

negligent homicide. sort of like driving and you hit a bump and the hot coffee spills on your crotch and you swerve into a bike rider. Its pretty sad that one of the members of the BM thinks this is grounds to ban guns though.

what exactly is the point of this idiocy? that accidents or negligence causes accidents happens? oh I know-if all guns were banned then people couldn't go to gun ranges and this wouldn't have happened.

Give it a rest, this sort of Bannerrhoid Movement nonsense is beyond silly

what exactly is the point of this idiocy? that accidents or negligence causes accidents happens? oh I know-if all guns were banned then people couldn't go to gun ranges and this wouldn't have happened.

It is sad this happen but no law can never stop stupidity.

How exactly does a gun "accidentally" fire? I have been shooting guns for over 30 years and I have never had a gun fire without pulling the trigger

I dont shoot no more, or even own a gun, but we can see were this is headed

Very sad story. Unfortunate accident. Has nothing to do with banning guns or present any reason why guns should be banned. Accidents happen. Accidents are not, and should not be used as, a reason ban anything - if they were, we wouldn't have any tools at all to use, including cars, hammers, axes, or even mouse traps for English mice.

Pretty sad. Accidents happen though.

He broke rule #2 of basic gun safety. Tragedies like these usually happen when one violates the basic gun safety rules. Those who abide by the rules don't get into accidents like these.

Accidents happen, and they never should be used to pass draconian laws. Autos kill many times more than firearms, should we ban automobiles? After all firearm ownership is guaranteed in the constitution, Automobiles are not. The difference? EVERYONE WANTS A CAR, ONLY ABOUT 60% OF THE PEOPLE WANT A FIREARM, so the 40% raves about guns and ignore the most dangerous.

Accidents happen, and they never should be used to pass draconian laws. Autos kill many times more than firearms, should we ban automobiles? After all firearm ownership is guaranteed in the constitution, Automobiles are not. The difference? EVERYONE WANTS A CAR, ONLY ABOUT 60% OF THE PEOPLE WANT A FIREARM, so the 40% raves about guns and ignore the most dangerous.

If the bannerrhoids believed most car drivers were conservatives and that the AAA lobbied for conservative candidates, trust me, they'd want to ban cars.

Not banning but at least we can give people the knowledge they need to make an informed decision. Gun have little real use but killing and they are far to "romanticized" in the U.S. They are not suitable for children either. At least adults make their own decisions and if it kills them we don't feel bad. That boy had little choice but to go to the gun range and get shot.

He broke rule #2 of basic gun safety. Tragedies like these usually happen when one violates the basic gun safety rules. Those who abide by the rules don't get into accidents like these.

Exactly. People like the OP who rabidly advocate for the banning of firearms and the sensationalizing of "gun violence" are just irresponsible fearmongers that only increase the likelihood that people will more and more become irrationally afraid of guns and more likely to break gun safety rules.
Thus, it is a self-fulfilling politically-motivated prophecy.

Not banning but at least we can give people the knowledge they need to make an informed decision. Gun have little real use but killing and they are far to "romanticized" in the U.S. They are not suitable for children either. At least adults make their own decisions and if it kills them we don't feel bad. That boy had little choice but to go to the gun range and get shot.

that's crapola. on several counts-its bannerrhoid nonsense at its worst

this is the sort of idiocy that permeates the liberal left's hatred of guns. Lies, disinformation and nonsense

My son has been shooting since he was 7. He was one of several hundred kids who took part in the US Jr Nationals in shotgun shooting. no one got hurt there. Some of those kids will represent the US in the world and Olympic games in the future. This kid who was shot-that was a freak accident. no different than that guy who lost a foot in Central Park yesterday. Not a reason to impose the Bannerrhoid gun bans

Exactly. People like the OP who rabidly advocate for the banning of firearms and the sensationalizing of "gun violence" are just irresponsible fearmongers that only increase the likelihood that people will more and more become irrationally afraid of guns and more likely to break gun safety rules.

The bannerrhoid movement is chock full of people who LOVE it when there is a massacre or a tragic accident that the OP is so gleeful about.

What kind of a sick **** GLEEFULLY uses a tragic accident where a 'childs' life is lost and a family suffers tragedy to further their own sick and demented agenda?

Holy ****...its not like there arent a million different types of real live honest to goodness accidents involving everything from home appliances to cars to garden tools that end up in the tragic loss of life. But to use those tragic incidents to try and further an agenda? That takes a special kind of twisted sick ****. Then again...maybe the only shocking thing is that there arent 4 -5 more or these threads on this same incident started by similarly demented asswipes.

What kind of a sick **** GLEEFULLY uses a tragic accident where a 'childs' life is lost and a family suffers tragedy to further their own sick and demented agenda?

Holy ****...its not like there arent a million different types of real live honest to goodness accidents involving everything from home appliances to cars to garden tools that end up in the tragic loss of life. But to use those tragic incidents to try and further an agenda? That takes a special kind of twisted sick ****. Then again...maybe the only shocking thing is that there arent 4 -5 more or these threads on this same incident started by similarly demented asswipes.

It was a preventable tragedy and guns are not toys or sporting goods. They also have no other use but killing unlike appliances, cars or garden tools. So in reality this was not a tragedy as much as a tool completing its job. Guns are for killing people and they are quite good at it. If only that Father understood that...I bet he does now. His wife will never forgive him for it and I don't blame her.

Where did I advocate anything? I'm not the rabid one in this thread. That would be the rabid reactionaries misrepresenting the second amendment.

It was a preventable tragedy and guns are not toys or sporting goods. They also have no other use but killing unlike appliances, cars or garden tools. So in reality this was not a tragedy as much as a tool completing its job. Guns are for killing people and they are quite good at it. If only that Father understood that...I bet he does now. His wife will never forgive him for it and I don't blame her.

more lies. Most guns in the USA are not bought for killing people and you know that. Sadly the left wing BM has lost all pretense of being truthful because truth is a harsh opponent of the Bannerrhoid Movement's nonsense. You seem to think that the father intended this to happen

and what is really really pathetic is watching left wing extremists engaging in what is best described as orgasmic rapture over this death so that they can use it to bash lawful gun ownership

Where did I advocate anything? I'm not the rabid one in this thread. That would be the rabid reactionaries misrepresenting the second amendment.

why don't you-a citizen of a foreign nation-tell us what the proper representation of the second amendment should be, This will be fun

People die in snowmobile accidents. Kids die on bikest heir parents gave them for Christmas. It was a tragic accident. I don't see moronic whiteheads rushing to star threads exploiting tragic deaths when people crash while driving and texting on the phones their parents gave them. Funny how people only seem to give a **** about tragic accidents when it is related to your pathetic pet cause.

Last edited:

What does the Second Amendment represent (NOT in your own words)?

Then why spread such unneeded fear and sensationalize the shooting of a child? Him being a "law-abiding gun-owner" is irrelevant, and completely detracts from the fact that an ignorant, ****ty old man is failing at his duty of being a father, and the crisis we are experiencing in this country that is resulting in a generational rift and a legion of ignorant, arrogant, regressive old farts and failed adults ****ting all over subsequent generations and robbing them of a voice, a future, and a life.

Back
Top Bottom