• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[R.I.P.] Norm Macdonald Dies: Influential Comedian & Former ‘SNL’ Weekend Update Anchor Was 61

jmotivator

Computer Gaming Nerd
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
The legenday Bob Sagat roast:

It's the little nods and mannerisms as he delivers an intentially awful roast that really sell it.

Last edited:
Oh man, shit, that sucks. I always thought of Macdonald more as a comedian's comedian. Like the shit he said and his jokes were far more appreciated by and funnier to other comedians. But I liked his material none the less. And Dirty Work is funny as hell. Godspeed, Norm.

So sad. He was a great comedian. His roast of Bob Sagat might be the funniest piece of standup comedy in the history of comedy.
His lampooning of OJ and the Clintons when he did SNL is legendary. I had no idea he had cancer :( Roast in Peace, Norm!

His lampooning of OJ and the Clintons when he did SNL is legendary. I had no idea he had cancer :( Roast in Peace, Norm!
It's rumored that his continued lampooning of OJ is what got him fired from SNL.

It's rumored that his continued lampooning of OJ is what got him fired from SNL.
Yes, I remember the story. He was interviewed shortly after his firing on Lederman and it was some LA excec that gave Michaels the order.

Oh man, shit, that sucks. I always thought of Macdonald more as a comedian's comedian. Like the shit he said and his jokes were far more appreciated by and funnier to other comedians. But I liked his material none the less. And Dirty Work is funny as hell. Godspeed, Norm.

While both are funny, Norm McDonald was like the anti-Jerry Seinfeld. Where Seinfeld took pride in the mathematical precision of his comedy, Norm's greatest gags were his intentionally odd-ball jokes that were designed specifically to be lazy stretch. Comedians all found him hilarious because he knew enough about comedy to get it hilariously wrong... like the Sagat roast.

Wow, that's out of left field, unless there was a history of illness I missed.

Damn. He was a legend. RIP.

Wow, I'm a huge Norm fan. This is not good.

We have been going out to stand up shows for a long time, always wanted to see Norm. In last few months we saw Tom Papa, Marc Maron and Bobcat Goldthwait. I read Norm's book, hilarious semi fiction.

One of my favorite things from Norm:

So sad. He was a great comedian. His roast of Bob Sagat might be the funniest piece of standup comedy in the history of comedy.
Gone way too soon. Rest in peace Norm. You will be missed.

This is a really cool story, and totally believable...

Short Version: When the guy was in second grade his dad got tickets to SNL, and took him.

As a second grader he didn't know who anyone was, so he was just nervous and disinterested the whole time as he was introduced to cast members.

Only Norm McDonald took the time to talk directly to the kid and said "Say kid, someday when I die, you have my permission to make it all about you"

Back
Top Bottom