• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nord Stream 2 Certification Will Be Stopped - German Chancellor Scholz

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent

iu

German Chancellor Olaf Scholz says that the certification of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline will be stopped. "Olaf Scholz has clearly responded to Russia's aggressive signals in the Ukrainian conflict. According to Handelsblatt, the Chancellor is suspending the certification of the Nord Stream 2 gas pipeline," the statement said. Scholz condemns the decision of Russian President Vladimir Putin to recognize the self-proclaimed Luhansk and Donetsk "People's Republics" as independent states as a serious violation of international law. Besides, the Chancellor noted that by his actions in eastern Ukraine, Putin violates not only the Minsk agreements, but also the charter of the United Nations (UN), which provides for the preservation of the territorial integrity and sovereignty of states. Earlier, German Federal Minister of Food and Agriculture Cem Ozdemir was the first Member of the Bundestag of Germany to speak in favor of stopping the Russian-German gas pipeline.

No gas will be flowing through Nordstream-2 anytime soon.

A major win for Biden.

"The majority of natural gas going into Europe already comes from Russia. In 2020, this represented about 43% of the total gas imports to the bloc, according to Eurostat."

Russia should just turn off all the gas and see what happens. They can afford to sit and wait, can Europe?

"The majority of natural gas going into Europe already comes from Russia. In 2020, this represented about 43% of the total gas imports to the bloc, according to Eurostat."

Russia should just turn off all the gas and see what happens. They can afford to sit and wait, can Europe?
Russia can afford to cut off its own primary source of income? Really?

Why should Russia do this, Jkca1?

To force Europe to look for alternative energy sources that do not come from a violent, revanchist and revisionist power?

Why should Russia do this, Jkca1?

To force Europe to look for alternative energy sources that do not come from a violent, revanchist and revisionist power?
I'm sure the Arabs and Americans will be happy to fill the gaps left by Russia pwning itself.

iu

No gas will be flowing through Nordstream-2 anytime soon.

Sounds like Trump was right. Again.

Anyone that thinks Russia is not playing to win doesn't understand Putin. Russia can afford to go without supplying gas to Europe for months, can Europe survive without gas during the winter for months? Look what Putin is getting "Ukraine belongs to the world-class regions most rich in mineral resources". (bold mine)

FYI the Arabs smacked down the US last week, anyone remember this news item?'

Saudi Arabia is siding with Russia and refusing to hike oil output"​

And we all know why because it's about the $$$$$$. Hell of an ally we got there....

I think most of us hate the idea of Russia walking into the Ukraine without much of a struggle. I do. However I also realize there is little that can be done short of going to war and I am not willing to commit US troops. It's not like the Russian are going to vote Putin out of office.

Anyone that thinks Russia is not playing to win doesn't understand Putin. Russia can afford to go without supplying gas to Europe for months, can Europe survive without gas during the winter for months? Look what Putin is getting "Ukraine belongs to the world-class regions most rich in mineral resources". (bold mine)

FYI the Arabs smacked down the US last week, anyone remember this news item?'

Saudi Arabia is siding with Russia and refusing to hike oil output"​

And we all know why because it's about the $$$$$$. Hell of an ally we got there....

I think most of us hate the idea of Russia walking into the Ukraine without much of a struggle. I do. However I also realize there is little that can be done short of going to war and I am not willing to commit US troops. It's not like the Russian are going to vote Putin out of office.

Slowing American Production of Oil and Gas is a mindlessly stupid, borderline treasonous act of moronic and politically motivated asininity by our dementia crippled Buffoon in Chief.

Trump was right. AGAIN.

Slowing American Production of Oil and Gas is a mindlessly stupid, borderline treasonous act of moronic and politically motivated asininity by our dementia crippled Buffoon in Chief.

Trump was right. AGAIN.

Cannot argue with that. Trump was definitely right. And Europe's present predicament today is also the mindless rush to disconnect from fossils before the much vaunted green alternatives have come online

Cannot argue with that. Trump was definitely right. And Europe's present predicament today is also the mindless rush to disconnect from fossils before the much vaunted green alternatives have come online

Sadly, there are many that do not see the difference between fact and fantasy.

Many are working in governments.

Back
Top Bottom