• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nootropics (Smart drugs)

MKULTRABOY

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Im going to start taking:

alcar
picamilon
pyritinol
lemon balm
DMAE-H3
L-Tyrosine
L-Theanine

All together on a daily basis in hopes of gaining an evil superbrain. Some of these substances have been proven to have a nootropic (mind enhancing) effect. I have ADD which I am trying to partially treat with this. Im hoping to recover some lost math skills too as nowadays I get stumped on algebra or have the answer go through my head rapidly and then cant work out how I got it or remember the answer (which is extremely frustrating)

Nootropics - ImmInst.org Forums

BrainMeta.com Forum -> Nootropics

I highly recommend looking into this. It can be worth your while.

Tyrosine? Seriously? If you want to screw your mood up that bad, just take a butt-load of E and be done with it. OD'ing on Tyrosine will probably have the opposite effect of what you want because it's antagonistic to dopamine and slows your absorption of L-DOPA.

And what's with the Picamilon? It's a treatment for migraines. And DMAE is in certain ADD medications, it'll make you feel more awake and alert, it wont speed up your brain.

Acetylcarnitine has shown some promise in certain areas, but nothing that I can think of that would indicate it's use as a nootropic drug.

If you're really interested, pick up some Rivastigmine or L-DOPA. Rivastigmine is prescription only so good luck

Well this was my initial stack i thought the B vitamins and the theanine would synergise with caffeine. And who said I was gonna OD on the stuff? DMAE will make you more alert but I hear it doesnt take full effect for several weeks. Ive never seen picamilon reffered to as a migraine medication. It allows a B vitamin to pass the blod brain barrier doesn't it?

Do you have any sources on the usefulness of Rivastigmine - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia as a nootropic?

Will research some more.

It may be helpful to enlist the advice of a medical professional.

For certain drugs on this list yes, I would agree. I will ask a psychiatrist about the tyrosine and he probably has a little book that will tell him if anything antagonizes anything else. I have only purchased a couple so far I am definitely planning on the theanine, lemon, picamilon, and dmae.

For certain drugs on this list yes, I would agree. I will ask a psychiatrist about the tyrosine and he probably has a little book that will tell him if anything antagonizes anything else. I have only purchased a couple so far I am definitely planning on the theanine, lemon, picamilon, and dmae.
Like I said, Tyrosine will screw with how your brain processes dopamine and that will cause mood changes. Especially if you want to do high dosage to get the results you're looking for.

Rivastigmine is a treatment for Alzheimers and Parkinsons. They work by slowing the process by which memory deteriorates. Throw in some L-DOPA to boost your dopamine.

Modafinil is the sauce as long as you remember to sleep occasionally. I'd be using it right now if my brain weren't already full of broken glass.

Modafinil is the sauce as long as you remember to sleep occasionally. I'd be using it right now if my brain weren't already full of broken glass.
Cant Modafinil kick off a case of SJS?

And that little book will rely at least in part on this

Home | The Cochrane Collaboration

The Cochrane collection of systematic reviews. It is what we call "evidence based medicine" and it looks at not one study but will collect as many studies as it can find on a topic, review those studies, weigh the evidence and come up with an overall recommendation.

Most of all please and I really mean this, PLEASE do NOT take a drug on just the recommendation of a random website - because there are some absolute kooks out there (I know just researching datura and hit some twot recommending the poisonous ruddy stuff!!)

Cant Modafinil kick off a case of SJS?

There are a lot of drugs that can trigger SJS. Had SEVEN cases in one year once. Never ever again do I want to care for another - we could NOT get them pain free

**** and i was thinking of getting switched from strattera to modafinil. Now Im scared. :C

**** and i was thinking of getting switched from strattera to modafinil. Now Im scared. :C

Do the same thing as if you were taking lamictal. If you ever find an unexplained rash, stop taking it immediately and talk to your doctor. Catch it in time and you'll be just fine.

Im going to start taking:

alcar
picamilon
pyritinol
lemon balm
DMAE-H3
L-Tyrosine
L-Theanine

All together on a daily basis in hopes of gaining an evil superbrain. Some of these substances have been proven to have a nootropic (mind enhancing) effect. I have ADD which I am trying to partially treat with this. Im hoping to recover some lost math skills too as nowadays I get stumped on algebra or have the answer go through my head rapidly and then cant work out how I got it or remember the answer (which is extremely frustrating)

Nootropics - ImmInst.org Forums

BrainMeta.com Forum -> Nootropics

I highly recommend looking into this. It can be worth your while.

You should stay on this site and talk about politics and other things that are pretty safe.

Ever notice when you read forum threads the bright ideas are all over the place? That's no big deal unless you take some of them seriously and actually start taking pills and 'enhancers' and other garbage based on gossip.

Don't take any of this crap.

Never mind I had to research these things and choose them for myself. PArt of that is asking other people who know, so the first response was helpful. I will be consulting my psychiatrist, so chillax.

Never mind I had to research these things and choose them for myself. PArt of that is asking other people who know, so the first response was helpful. I will be consulting my psychiatrist, so chillax.

Looks like you can get most of these things from food and tea.

People always think more is better, so they want processed, concentrated amounts of the things they think will improve their strength, or concentration, or whatever. So they pay big money for products that are sold in arbitrary strengths and sometimes at unknown safety levels. But you don't really know what you're buying and taking.

Another caveat is some people will sell you anything if there is money to be made.

People would be stunned at the nootropic effects of a decent diet and basic exercise.

Well I've gotten my tyrosine, theanine, and DMAE. The DMAE-H3 works excellently my typing skills improved (speed) and it works well with the caffeine and Im not falling asleep in classes that I used to in the early mornings. The tyrosine is something I shouldve gotten if I were planning to workout its definetely making me feel all Raawr like I could blast through a workout, nootropic effect, not so much. The theanine is excellent at combating the overstimulation of the tyrosine and I would not take the tyrosine alone. The theanine keeps me from getting nerves or jitters from caffeine as well.

Next is

alcar
picamilon
pyritinol
lemon balm

Each of which I will research more before purchasing. I don't suggest tyrosine to anyone. I am looking forward to the synergistic effect of the B-vitamins.

I would suggest having someone help you in a blind test of the medicines to see if you are actually getting any effect or if it's placebo that's making you feel this way.

Dexedrine anyone?

Another quality drug.

edit:

Unless you have trouble sleeping; dependency can develop in these cases.

Last edited:
For anyone looking into nootropics i recommend Nootropics - ImmInst.org Forums they definetely seem to know what theyre talking about and can help you get taerted though there are numerically few members. (100's)?

Back
Top Bottom