• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nooooooo!!!!!!! My xbox red ringed!

somepeoplesay

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
Anyone on DP had to deal with this? I want to send it to Microsoft, but I don't want to wait 2 months potentially to get my system back when I "could" fix it in a few hours. Thing is, these guides are on the internet, and if you make a mistake your SOL because opening your Xbox voids the warranty.

This supposedly happens to 60% of all Xbox 360's, so I figured someone here might have gone through this ordeal.

Anyone on DP had to deal with this? I want to send it to Microsoft, but I don't want to wait 2 months potentially to get my system back when I "could" fix it in a few hours. Thing is, these guides are on the internet, and if you make a mistake your SOL because opening your Xbox voids the warranty.

This supposedly happens to 60% of all Xbox 360's, so I figured someone here might have gone through this ordeal.

2 Months?? I got mine back in a week flat.

Oh really? That's great. Yea one of my friends sent his back and it took about 2 months, but this was also around the holidays.

They sent me the packaging; the whole process took something like three weeks and they included a 1 month gold member pass; so while it was inconvenient they had the process down pretty smooth by the time my 360 went bad.

I recall when I mailed mine, it was a Monday, and I got it the following Monday. They also included that free month card too.

I am sorry you are dealing with this but go ahead and send it in. Not like it is the end of the world if you must live without your X-Box for a while.

I am sorry you are dealing with this but go ahead and send it in. Not like it is the end of the world if you must live without your X-Box for a while.
See, thats where you're wrong ;)

I have a 360 but it has never RROD. I have had friends who lost theirs though and most of them just sent it in. I bought my Xbox refurbished so it has no warrantee. If yours is under warrantee I would just send it in and not try fixing it yourself (and thus voiding the warrantee). Microsoft may have an expedited shipping option, so if so you could pony up a few bucks and hopefully get it sooner. Just NEVER call them and ask them to walk you through fixing the problem. You will spend 3 hours in phone purgatory talking to someone in Bangladesh who is reading cues from a computer screen and has no idea what so ever how to fix your Xbox.

Off topic: but if anybody reading this has this problem and their X-Box is not under warrantee? Know that they will NOT work with people that do no have a Credit Card! They will not let you send them a money order or check to pay them to fix your system. They suck like that.

Back
Top Bottom