• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

None of the Above[W:97]

Should we have a choice of "None of the Above"

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Patrickt

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
This year is a great year to consider whether or not ballots should include a "None of the Above" as a choice. If "None of the Above" gets a plurality then the position isn't filled until another election is held.

So, what's your vote for the idea?

Re: None of the Above

This year is a great year to consider whether or not ballots should include a "None of the Above" as a choice. If "None of the Above" gets a plurality then the position isn't filled until another election is held.

I would support it.
Eventually they'd run out of money, unless people could be easily persuaded to vote for a pile of ****.
Like they usually do.

So I guess I'm willing to support it, as an experiment, but I'm not so sure "none" will ever win.

It's an option here in NV, but doesn't mean anything. I'll be voting None of These Candidates in the US Senate and House races, though. Don't like any of the candidates.

I would not object to it but I see nothing really coming from it either way.

The ballots are already printed, millions have already voted, this thread topic is fantasy.

None of the above doesn't do anything to threaten the system in place. They don't care if people choose that so long as 3 people vote for them and only 2 people vote for the opposition.

3rd party is the best way to move forward, imo, even if you don't like the candidate. I think Johnson is a pretty weak LP candidate but I'm still sticking with him as the growth of 3rd parties is the only true challenge to the establishment.

The tweeners who go for that idea or for voting 3rd party remind me of an ostrich that sticks it head in the sand to avpid danger

Yes I know they dont really do that but we all know what " sticking your head in the sand" means.

This election will decide whether trump or hillary will be president.

Anyone who cant choose between the two has no right to complain about any presidential policy after the election is over.

The tweeners who go for that idea or for voting 3rd party remind me of an ostrich that sticks it head in the sand to avpid danger

Yes I know they dont really do that but we all know what " sticking your head in the sand" means.

Anyone who cant choose between the two has no right to complain about any presidential policy after the election is over.

But they would have the right to complain about policy if they voted for someone who has policies they disagree with? Lol

But they would have the right to complain about policy if they voted for someone who has policies they disagree with? Lol

Vote for trump or hillary and you are entitled to complain no matter which one wins

Vote for some loser with no chance to win and you have abdicated your responsibility

Anyone who votes for either one of them is an accomplice to their crimes. Trumpkins and Clintonistas aren't sticking their heads in the sand. Sadly, they're sticking their heads somewhere less pleasant.

Who's to blame? If you want blame, look to the folks who nominated two liberal egocentric crooks to run as the Republican and Democrat candidates.

Anyone who votes for either one of them is an accomplice to their crimes. Trumpkins and Clintonistas aren't sticking their heads in the sand.

Yes, I have to take tesponsibility for my vote.

And my first duty is to elect the best person available.

If trump becomes president he will not be perfect.

Just better for the cpuntry than hillary in my opinion

just dont tell me that you dont see Superman or Wonderwoman on the ballot so ypu are going to sit this one out.

Vote for trump or hillary and you are entitled to complain no matter which one wins

Vote for some loser with no chance to win and you have abdicated your responsibility

Those two parties shouldn't have nominated two complete asshats if they wanted my vote.

Those two parties shouldn't have nominated two complete asshats if they wanted my vote.

The world is not going to stop turning while you get off.

Like it or not either trump or hillary will ve tje next president

My right to complain is not affected by any decision I might make to not vote.

Yes, I have to take tesponsibility for my vote.

And my first duty is to elect the best person available.

If trump becomes president he will not be perfect.

Just better for the cpuntry than hillary in my opinion

just dont tell me that you dont see Superman or Wonderwoman on the ballot so ypu are going to sit this one out.

My first duty is to myself. I will not disrespect myself by voting for some scumbag.

My right to complain is not affected by any decision I might make to not vote.

Your legal right remains but your moral right goes poof

Last edited:

Ypur legal right remains but your moral right goes poof

Hardly. If you vote for someone that advocates something you hate then any complaint you might make about it later when it happens is without merit, but if you never vote at all then you can complain about whatever you please without question.

My first duty is to myself. I will not disrespect myself by voting for some scumbag.

That only applies to liberal democrats who expect assistance from the government to make tjeir lives better

Conservatives are supposed to vote for the best interests of their family and the country as well as themselves.

Ypur legal right remains but your moral right goes poof

You're trying to guilt people into voting for someone they don't support, and you have the gall to talk about morals? You can keep your morals bud.

Hardly. If you vote for someone that advocates something you hate then any complaint you might make about it later when it happens is without merit, but if you never vote at all then you can complain about whatever you please without question.

You are holding put for a clone of yourself and that aint going to happen

You're trying to guilt people into voting for someone they don't support,

Thats one way to look at it

but I am really just shinning a light into the shadows where the Can't Decides are hiding.

You are holding put for a clone of yourself and that aint going to happen

I do what i believe in as much as possible. That's simply how I live my life. If I don't believe in something then chances are I will do whatever I can to avoid being party to it.

Thats one way to look at it

but I am really just shinning a light into the shadows where the Can't Decides are hiding.

Those of us who refuse to vote for Trump or Hillary have already made our decision. We are not undecided.

Let's see I'm a 55 year old white middle class guy who is voting third party because I couldn't look at myself in the mirror if I voted for either of the two major candidates, both of whom I find completely unfit to lead my country. If that makes me a tweener so be it. Does that also mean my joints will stop popping when I get out of bed?

Those of us who refuse to vote for Trump or Hillary have already made our decision. We are not undecided.

If you cant decide between trump or hillary you are shirking your civic duty

Back
Top Bottom