• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Non-covid deaths

Good4Nothin

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Non-covid deaths increased greatly in 2021.

Heart attack instances were definitely on the rise in 2021. However, what was more surprising is that there was no age bar when came it to people’s encounters with heart attacks. Young, healthy and fit individuals with no medical history have suffered from heart attacks this year, with some cases even leading to deaths.

Could it be the experimental covid vaccines? No, of course not.

Unnecessary vaccine fears arose too, including rumors the vaccines led to heart attack, But, this was not true.

The article mentions all kinds of possible explanations, all speculative. But the speculation that it could be the vaccines is dismissed without explanation.

Young healthy and fit individuals with no medical history suffered from heart attacks in 2021? Is it merely a coincidence that mass vaccination started in 2021?

Stressful times we live in...

This reminds me of RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)
Collectively, these studies indicate that RLS is a common disorder of major clinical and public health significance in the Western industrialized world, affecting between 4% and 29% of adults.
There is NO long term solution. Research continues but for the time being, only a few guesses are in the front of "Maybe this or that". Ropinirole or Iron therapy help a few cases...for a time.
I suspect these Heart Attack instances are going to be in the same vain. Serious stuff that needs much more research.

The article mentions all kinds of possible explanations, all speculative. But the speculation that it could be the vaccines is dismissed without explanation.

Young healthy and fit individuals with no medical history suffered from heart attacks in 2021? Is it merely a coincidence that mass vaccination started in 2021?

Tsk, tsk....

The vaccine isn't "experimental".

This reminds me of RLS (Restless Leg Syndrome)
Collectively, these studies indicate that RLS is a common disorder of major clinical and public health significance in the Western industrialized world, affecting between 4% and 29% of adults.
There is NO long term solution. Research continues but for the time being, only a few guesses are in the front of "Maybe this or that". Ropinirole or Iron therapy help a few cases...for a time.
I suspect these Heart Attack instances are going to be in the same vain. Serious stuff that needs much more research.
Just anecdotally (which I admit proves nothing) I know a few people who have benefited from cannabis for that condition.

Tsk, tsk....

The vaccine isn't "experimental".
I view people who think that the vaccines are still “experimental “ as proof that they don’t live in the real world.

Why are so many dying from things other than covid? Is it a delayed reaction to covid infection, as the authorities are claiming? They are just guessing, and saying what they want you to believe. Could it be reactions to the vaccines? Should that possibility be dismissed just because they, and you don't want to believe it?

Why are so many dying from things other than covid? Is it a delayed reaction to covid infection, as the authorities are claiming? They are just guessing, and saying what they want you to believe. Could it be reactions to the vaccines? Should that possibility be dismissed just because they, and you don't want to believe it?

Because COVID isn't killing them.

More conspiracy fodder for you. I bet you're delighted. Did you read the part stating that during the lockdowns people didn't go to hospital, didn't call their doctors?

You desperately want to find some link with vaccines. Why? You think a vaccine caused you to be ill. You also admitted no doctor confirmed your claim. You're an older person; maybe it's time you realised that your body is wearing out, just like mine is at almost 70 years of age. I'm not blaming a vaccine if I fall ill; I simply concede that nature is doing what nature does as one ages. You should do the same instead of looking for excuses and seeking something to blame.

thanos-snap.gif

More conspiracy fodder for you. I bet you're delighted. Did you read the part stating that during the lockdowns people didn't go to hospital, didn't call their doctors?
Why is everything a conspiracy when you don't want to actually consider something. No one knows the outcomes that may have or will come from taking the vaccines yet. I have taken the vaccines and have wondered what may come in the future.

Why is everything a conspiracy when you don't want to actually consider something. No one knows the outcomes that may have or will come from taking the vaccines yet. I have taken the vaccines and have wondered what may come in the future.
Is that bunker comfy? Most of the vaccines you had to have administered as a kid were not trialled, long-term, before being licensed. Why the anxiety now? The answer is, 'because that's what the media I use, told me'.

You desperately want to find some link with vaccines. Why? You think a vaccine caused you to be ill. You also admitted no doctor confirmed your claim. You're an older person; maybe it's time you realised that your body is wearing out, just like mine is at almost 70 years of age. I'm not blaming a vaccine if I fall ill; I simply concede that nature is doing what nature does as one ages. You should do the same instead of looking for excuses and seeking something to blame.

My body suddenly started to wear out, right after each vaccine. And then after a couple of months, the wearing out of my old body stopped and reversed, and I went back to being young and healthy.

That is a strange story, but it MUST be true, because the vaccines are perfectly safe.

My body suddenly started to wear out, right after each vaccine. And then after a couple of months, the wearing out of my old body stopped and reversed, and I went back to being young and healthy.

That is a strange story, but it MUST be true, because the vaccines are perfectly safe.

Sure.....

Geez if only those anti-vaxx idiots weren't clogging up our hospitals with Covid more people could have had life saving check ups.

From your very own link:

Unnecessary vaccine fears arose too, including rumors the vaccines led to heart attack, But, this was not true. People delayed taking vaccines even when the immunisation campaign was initially launched. They were careless when rules were relaxed and such factors increased the risk of heart attacks.

Geez if only those anti-vaxx idiots weren't clogging up our hospitals with Covid more people could have had life saving check ups.

From your very own link:

It CANNOT be true that the vaccines cause heart attacks. We know this because the CDC said so. And they never lie, and are never mistaken. All heretics must be silenced!

It CANNOT be true that the vaccines cause heart attacks. We know this because the CDC said so. And they never lie, and are never mistaken. All heretics must be silenced!

Even your link talked about your unnecessary vaccine fears.

In conclusion it's actually people like you, spreading fear and distrust of the medical community, adding to these kinds of deaths. You proud?

Even your link talked about your unnecessary vaccine fears.

In conclusion it's actually people like you, spreading fear and distrust of the medical community, adding to these kinds of deaths. You proud?

All dissenters must be silenced! They are guilty of murder!

What evidence is there that the vaccines could possibly have caused these heart attacks? Correlation does not imply causation. In fact, people were far less active during the pandemic. We know that prolonged inactivity can contribute to a greater risk of heart attacks. There is no mechanism by which the COVID-19 vaccine could cause a heart attack. Seems like unwarranted speculation that the vaccine had anything to do with it.

I don't think you can find examples of long term vaccine effects. I believe that vaccine problems are pretty much discovered in the short term. We definitely do not know the long term effects of getting Covid, however one long term effect of a virus (chicken pox) is shingles.

There's a good way to reality check the idea that COVID vaccines drove higher heart attack deaths: simply look at the data, by state, and compare to vaccination rates:

So, the most vaccinated state is Rhode Island (82.3%). Between 2021 and March 2022 (the period of widespread vaccinations) it had 13,122 residents die of things besides COVID. Based on its pre-pandemic average mortality rates, we'd have expected 13,863 residents to die over that period. So, it actually had FEWER non-COVID deaths than expected. 5.35% fewer, to be exact. That's not surprising, of course, since anti-COVID measures meant two really mild flu seasons. It's certainly not what we'd expect, though, if we thought all those vaccines were creating a lot of heart attack risk.

At the other end of the spectrum is Alabama, which is our least vaccinated state (51.0%.) Using the method above, they suffered 4.13% MORE non-COVID deaths than one would have projected based on pre-pandemic trend. So, steering clear of the vaccines did not spare them from non-COVID diseases, but rather seems to have made them more susceptible. And, of course, that's also not surprising, since COVID is known to create enduring problems with the circulatory system, which can given rise to "unrelated" heart attacks well after the person recovers.

Overall, there is a weak negative correlation between COVID vaccination rates and non-COVID excess mortality at the state level (a coefficient of correlation of about -2.33%). That's coupled with a much stronger negative correlation between COVID vaccination rates and COVID excess death percentage by state.

In short, the vaccines seem to have saved a whole lot of lives from dying of COVID directly, and also seem to have saved a few from dying of COVID indirectly (e.g., by way of preventing lasting damage to the cardiovascular system). Any theoretical harm caused by the vaccines themselves was far overwhelmed by those two factors in the statistics.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom