• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nobody uses the chat room anymore??

128shot

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Well, I always enjoyed a little bit of chit chat in the chat room, but I'm rather disappointed by the lack of effort in using the room by members or using it for events.

I like having it, I do, but if I am to make any suggest, could we start promoting more events that use the chat room?

thanks in advance!

Nobody uses the chat room anymore??

Well, we used to.
But in the chat room, I'm mostly a lurker and an eavesdropper, and the main people who actually, consistently used the thing (Caine, Vauge and Spook) are all otherwise occupied now and no longer real active participants in the daily life of this forum.
So I wouldn't expect they'd be real active participants in the chat room anymore, either.
Like I said, I'll go in there if others do, but I'm not a real prolific talker in chat (I don't type or think very fast, so my "real-time" persona is markedly different than my posting style). I mostly like to sit quietly off to one side and read other people's conversations, and perhaps occasionally offer a monosyllabic comment or two.
Now that you mention it, I do kind of miss it, though.

It needs some diversions lol. When I was part owner of some ircx-based MSN chatrooms, we used interactive bots that could play trivia (we used 3 triviabots, each with a different 90,000 question database), and respond to dozens of user commands. I don't know if our chatroom architecture can accomodate such bots and scripts.

My current issue is time. I would love to have a chatroom that is fruitfull.

Challenge...

Use it to go head to head, real time with me, teacher, of the colossal brain, at Jeopardy. Got a new friend. We were watching it first time yesterday, after first break he went to go get everyone else in the house to come see what I do.

Any takers?

I'll destroy you.

Bring it.

I say go for a shoutbox you know like that other site.....:mrgreen: Maybe some arcade games too. :rofl

Yeah, most everytime I stop by there there is not anyone there. Then when I do run into someone there, they are usually...somewhat intoxicated :lol:

It would be fun to have something more contructive though.

:2wave:

Re: Challenge...

Use it to go head to head, real time with me, teacher, of the colossal brain, at Jeopardy. Got a new friend. We were watching it first time yesterday, after first break he went to go get everyone else in the house to come see what I do.

Any takers?

I'll destroy you.

Bring it.

Jeopardy. LMAO. Years ago, A club I used to play at every Saturday night had 2 TV sets. Jeopardy came on 2 channels at different times, and each TV was tuned to one of the channels. I would get there early before my gig, watch the show on the first TV, then go to the other end of the club and give all the answers with only 1 or 2 letters on the board. They were calling me a genius. About the third week, someone on that side of the club asked me how I did it, and I told him that the TV on the other side of the club had the same show half an hour before. It was funny as hell. :)

Re: Challenge...

I gave up on it months ago since they're wasn't ever anybody in there.

Everyone lamenting the demise of the chat room should arrange to meet in there at a specific time.

Ah...

Jeopardy. LMAO. Years ago, A club I used to play at every Saturday night had 2 TV sets. Jeopardy came on 2 channels at different times, and each TV was tuned to one of the channels. I would get there early before my gig, watch the show on the first TV, then go to the other end of the club and give all the answers with only 1 or 2 letters on the board. They were calling me a genius. About the third week, someone on that side of the club asked me how I did it, and I told him that the TV on the other side of the club had the same show half an hour before. It was funny as hell. :)

You?

I'll let you watch it first and still win.

My record is 8 wrong...

outta 61 total.

Now way your hippie azz can remember 54

I'm in chat. I'm bored. Someone come and play with me.

:2wave:

Back
Top Bottom