• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nobody called Trump a “racist” until he criticized Obama and later ran for president...

eman926

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
In fact Jesse Jackson praised him back in the ‘90s. He was friends with people like Will Smith and guested on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”. He was a Democrat prior to 1987 and from 2001-2009. They never called him a “racist” back then. He was also a Republican back in 1987-1999 and he was never accused of “racism” back then neither. While at the GOP Presidential debates, he came to the defense of Ben Carson when the moderators barely asked Carson any questions. (I was a Cruz supporter when the debates went on, but that made me upset about how the moderators treated Carson as well.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is no defence.

Anyone can have a change of heart, so I don’t even have to use the whole refusing to rent to blacks thing, or the ad he took out in the newspapers against those young black men who were innocent.

He set out to appeal to the darkest elements of the Republican Support base, mostly using Islamaphobia and hyperbolic anti-immigration rhetoric.

When he did things like attack a Judges ability to do their job solely based on their ethnicity, he’s either stupid or not exactly using a dog whistle.

Or played full birtherism.

And that’s just a couple of exampleS and that’s part of the problem with Trump, he stumbles from one bad statement and terrible action to the next that you forget about most of it, does anyone remember that he did that?

I did.

McCain touched that dark populism with the “palling around with terrorists” but he resolutely turned his back on it here:

Trump embraced and was supported by people like that lady.

In fact Jesse Jackson praised him back in the ‘90s. He was friends with people like Will Smith and guested on “The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air”. He was a Democrat prior to 1987 and from 2001-2009. They never called him a “racist” back then. He was also a Republican back in 1987-1999 and he was never accused of “racism” back then neither. While at the GOP Presidential debates, he came to the defense of Ben Carson when the moderators barely asked Carson any questions. (I was a Cruz supporter when the debates went on, but that made me upset about how the moderators treated Carson as well.)

Donald Trump has been called racist since the 1970s. Was Obama the POTUS after Nixon?

Timeline: Donald Trump has been getting called racist since 1973 - Vox

This is no defence.

Anyone can have a change of heart, so I don’t even have to use the whole refusing to rent to blacks thing, or the ad he took out in the newspapers against those young black men who were innocent.

He set out to appeal to the darkest elements of the Republican Support base, mostly using Islamaphobia and hyperbolic anti-immigration rhetoric.

When he did things like attack a Judges ability to do their job solely based on their ethnicity, he’s either stupid or not exactly using a dog whistle.

Or played full birtherism.

And that’s just a couple of exampleS and that’s part of the problem with Trump, he stumbles from one bad statement and terrible action to the next that you forget about most of it, does anyone remember that he did that?

I did.

McCain touched that dark populism with the “palling around with terrorists” but he resolutely turned his back on it here:

Trump embraced and was supported by people like that lady.

You’re getting all this from recent articles. Older documents PLEASE!

That article was written in 2016...

"The Justice Department sued Donald Trump, his father, Fred, and Trump Management in order to obtain a settlement in which Trump and his father would promise not to discriminate. The case eventually was settled two years later after Trump tried to countersue the Justice Department for $100 million for making false statements. Those allegations were dismissed by the court."

By the way, do you know the difference between anti-immigration and anti-ILLEGAL immigration?!?! Stop acting like they are the same thing! They are not!

You’re getting all this from recent articles. Older documents PLEASE!

So your criteria for whether he is racist, or at least appeals to racists... Is whatever you want it to be.

Nah, I’ll pass.

That article was written in 2016, while Trump was running for president, and things can be distorted easily. Try to find three things prior to Obama running for office.

Trying to change your original question after it has already been shot down, nope does fly, just means you didn't do your homework.

"The Justice Department sued Donald Trump, his father, Fred, and Trump Management in order to obtain a settlement in which Trump and his father would promise not to discriminate. The case eventually was settled two years later after Trump tried to countersue the Justice Department for $100 million for making false statements. Those allegations were dismissed by the court."

The claim in the article that that happened was while he ran for president in 2016. People can distort things and lie. I want to see a MUCH OLDER article PLEASE!

Trying to change your original question after it has already been shot down, nope does fly, just means you didn't do your homework.

You know people can distort things and lie, right? Especially against political opponents! If it happened at that time, people would have said it AT THAT TIME! Why be quiet for so many decades?

The claim in the article that that happened was while he ran for president in 2016. People can distort things and lie. I want to see a MUCH OLDER article PLEASE!

Typical Trump supporter "I want, I want, I want, I want". Here's something your parents should have told you long ago "NO!". Now what are you going to do?

Yeah, that article was written in 2015, when he was running for president. Try finding something older, please!

The article chronicles his racism back to the early 1970s.

Did Donald Trump stop being a racist in 2016?

Typical Trump supporter "I want, I want, I want, I want". Here's something your parents should have told you long ago "NO!". Now what are you going to do?

People in hell want ice water is what I heard from my parents when I said "I want..............."

So your criteria for whether he is racist, or at least appeals to racists... Is whatever you want it to be.

Nah, I’ll pass.

Yeah, it's funny that the left likes to point out that KKK leader, David Duke, endorsed Trump, but choose to ignore it when a higher ranked member of the KKK endorsed Hillary Clinton...

KKK Grand Dragon Endorses Hillary Clinton - YouTube

California's KKK Grand Dragon Endorsed Hillary - YouTube

Now you're dodging something too. I want to hear these claims that were spoken or written well before Obama running PLEASE!!!

Oh yeah, people like myself that live in the NY area have known for decades that Trump has always been a blatant, unabashed racist.

In US news, Ken Burns sat down with NowThis News to talk about the Central Park 5 case and how Donald Trump reacted to it back in 1989. The Central Park 5 refers to Korey Wise, Antron McCray, Yuse Salaam, Raymond Santana, and Kevin Richardson who were convicted of raping and beating a Central Park jogger Trisha Meili. After the attack Donald Trump called for the death penalty to be used on the Central Park 5. The Central Park Five case was the subject of Sarah Burns' book, later a Ken Burns' documentary, and is now being turned into a Netflix series from Ava DuVernay called When They See Us. In a Trump interview at the time, Trump said he 'hates these people' and believed hate would help get things done.

You know people can distort things and lie, right? Especially against political opponents! If it happened at that time, people would have said it AT THAT TIME! Why be quiet for so many decades?

It is obvious that you did not know squat about trump before he ran for office, many others did, and this is not new news. If you think it fake news it is you that has been brainwashed into believe a lie.

I don't care if he is a racist or not... he is an overall scumbag of a person. End of story.

Oh yeah, people like myself that live in the NY area have known for decades that Trump has always been a blatant, unabashed racist.

In US news, Ken Burns sat down with NowThis News to talk about the Central Park 5 case and how Donald Trump reacted to it back in 1989. The Central Park 5 refers to Korey Wise, Antron McCray, Yuse Salaam, Raymond Santana, and Kevin Richardson who were convicted of raping and beating a Central Park jogger Trisha Meili. After the attack Donald Trump called for the death penalty to be used on the Central Park 5. The Central Park Five case was the subject of Sarah Burns' book, later a Ken Burns' documentary, and is now being turned into a Netflix series from Ava DuVernay called When They See Us. In a Trump interview at the time, Trump said he 'hates these people' and believed hate would help get things done.

uh oh.

central park 5 happened before twump considered running in 2016. Nice fail there.

Yeah, that article was written in 2015, when he was running for president. Try finding something older, please!

Irrelevant.

By the way, do you know the difference between anti-immigration and anti-ILLEGAL immigration?!?! Stop acting like they are the same thing! They are not!

Its a dog whistle for hispanic people. How many white people overstaying their visas had their families broken up?

Yeah yeah yeah, while I don't agree with the death penalty on minors, I still don't get why we shouldn't execute adult murderers. It's funny you liberals always take things out of context.

Back
Top Bottom