• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nobel Prize for Trump and Netinayhu

How many do you want?

I wasn’t in that crowd. Statistically speaking, it’s unlikely that anybody on this forum was. Do you have a link to me or anybody on this forum cheering for this?

Of course, the politically correct Nobel committee will not even consider the Prize for those two gentlemen.

As we already know, the committee favors newly elected Presidents who have barely started their administrations and accomplished absolutely nothing yet.

I wasn’t in that crowd. Statistically speaking, it’s unlikely that anybody on this forum was. Do you have a link to me or anybody on this forum cheering for this?

The ole hair split take it literally defense. Lefry SOP section 4.1.2
When you ask for a link thinking they wont supply one but they actually do...pretend you took it literally to mean you

Trump brokered the deal he deserves a Nobel more than Obama did. Like when Jimmy Carter brokered the deal between Egypt and Israel in 1978. I just hope this one doesn't end up with somebody being assassinated by crazed Muslims like Anwar Sadat was

You think restoring diplomatic relations (because that's all this is), is deserving of a Nobel prize? Seriously?

I don't think "United Arab Emirates" is how you spell "the Palestinians". That would've been a historic breakthrough. So, uh, good...I guess...but Israel and the UAE weren't exactly going at it, and the only people calling it historic in the link appear to be the participants plus Trump admin.

At any rate, this can hardly make up for things like getting over 160,000 Americans killed by spending months lying & denying about COVID, trying to extort announcement of sham investigations into the Bidens out of Ukraine, obstructing justice 14+ times to try to cover it up, actively undermining USPS to damage mail-in voting, etc.

(And, because duh, INB4 "you'll attack him no matter what!" The usual suspects will rail against anything that isn't adoring worship).

How typically American! To see everything from blinkered narrow focused eyes. Not everything is about your failing country, massively in debt and in steep decline

Remember when Obama got the Nobel for doing exactly nothing and you guys cheered?
Yea...me too.
Obama didn’t deserve his Nobel prize because didn’t do anything, and if there was an “anti-Nobel prize”, Trump would deserve multiple awards.

What's this got to do with Trump?

Not a lot perhaps, though he has announced that the UAE/Israel deal has the support of the USA. And we do not know how big a part administration officials played in negotiations that led to the deal.

Well, Mr. Nazi Avatar,

- You don't know that.

Joe Biden in a speech yesterday said that if President Trump had reacted weeks earlier, that 51,000 lives could've been saved.

That still leaves the virus killing 119,000 to date. And certainly thousands of more to come.

...trumpkins can't even find the uae of the map... but hannity, beck and tucker will tell them all they need to parrot...

Don't Be Hoodwinked by Trump's UAE-Israel 'Peace Deal' - Antiwar.com Original

Don’t Be Hoodwinked by Trump’s UAE-Israel ‘Peace Deal’
by Medea Benjamin and Ariel Gold Posted on August 14, 2020

"HUGE breakthrough today," crowed Donald Trump on twitter as he announced the new peace deal between Israel and the United Arab Emirates (UAE). The deal makes the UAE the first Gulf Arab state and the third Arab nation, after Egypt and Jordan, to have diplomatic ties with Israel. But the new Israel-UAE partnership should fool no one. Though it will supposedly stave off Israeli annexation of the West Bank and encourage tourism and trade between both countries, in reality, it is nothing more than a scheme to give an Arab stamp of approval to Israel’s status quo of land theft, home demolitions, arbitrary extrajudicial killings, apartheid laws, and other abuses of Palestinian rights.

The deal should be seen in the context of over three years of Trump administration policies that have tightened Israel’s grip on the Palestinians: moving the U.S. embassy from Tel Aviv to Jerusalem, recognizing the Golan Heights as Israeli territory, and creating a so-called peace plan with no Palestinian participation or input. While no US administration has successfully brokered a resolution to Israel’s now 53-year-long occupation, the Trump years have been especially detrimental to the Palestinian cause. Palestinian leader Hanan Ashrawi wrote on Twitter that with this deal, "Israel got rewarded for not declaring openly what it’s been doing to Palestine illegally and persistently since the beginning of the occupation." Indeed, with Donald Trump at the helm and son-in-law Jared Kushner as the primary strategist, even concessions for Palestinians have been done away with. To add insult to injury, while the deal had been couched in terms of a commitment by Israel to suspend annexation of Palestinian territories, in his Israeli press conference announcing the deal, Netanyahu said annexation was “still on the table” and that it was something he is “committed to.”

Among the most brutal aspects of this period for Palestinians have been the loss of support for their cause in neighboring Arab states. The Arab political party in Israel, Balad, said that by signing this pact, “the UAE has officially joined Israel against Palestine, and placed itself in the camp of the enemies of the Palestinian people....”

...The fact that this agreement between two Middle East countries was first announced thousands of miles away in Washington DC shows how it is more about shoring up Trump’s slumping electoral campaign and improving Netanyahu’s battered image in Israel than bringing peace to the Middle East. It also shows that Netanyahu and bin Zayed have a stake in seeing Trump win a second term in the White House. Instead of pointing out the hollowness of the pact, Joe Biden’s response was unfortunately to congratulate Israel and the UAE and try to take credit for the deal. "I personally spent time with leaders of both Israel and the U.A.E. during our administration, building the case for cooperation and broader engagement," he said. "I am gratified by today’s announcement."

The normalization of relations between the UAE and Israel, facilitated by the US, serves to prop up three repressive leaders – Trump, Netanyahu, and bin Zayed – and will cause further harm to Palestinians. It is both a shame and a sham."

...gee, i wonder why all the republicrats are apologists for iZrael except for a few like aoc, talib, etc... and i don't agree with aoc, talib, etc., much.... but they SURELY make a lot more sense as to the warmongering zionists than republican-radio-level trumpswabs... word... ;)

UAE is about money, nothing else. Ever been there? Its a playground for the rich and famous, they will do anything if it makes them more dough.

I've been there on business a few times, but not in about 10 years. Beautiful place. On its feet more than anyplace else I have ever been. And you are spot on. They love money, and it shows.

The ole hair split take it literally defense. Lefry SOP section 4.1.2
When you ask for a link thinking they wont supply one but they actually do...pretend you took it literally to mean you

You said “you guys,” not “a bunch of people you’ve never met and will almost certainly never meet.”

He's gonna have to do a lot more peace deals if he wants to make up for the thousand dead Americans per day as a result of ignoring the pandemic here.

Your BS of the china flu is totally off subject.

I don't think "United Arab Emirates" is how you spell "the Palestinians". That would've been a historic breakthrough. So, uh, good...I guess...but Israel and the UAE weren't exactly going at it, and the only people calling it historic in the link appear to be the participants plus Trump admin.

At any rate, this can hardly make up for things like getting over 160,000 Americans killed by spending months lying & denying about COVID, trying to extort announcement of sham investigations into the Bidens out of Ukraine, obstructing justice 14+ times to try to cover it up, actively undermining USPS to damage mail-in voting, etc.

(And, because duh, INB4 "you'll attack him no matter what!" The usual suspects will rail against anything that isn't adoring worship).

Again trying to derail the subject of the thread. If you think that President Trump had anything to do with the china flu, there is little reason to believe ANYTHING you post. Put the blame where it belongs square on the shoulder of the Chinese that support Biden for president.

Your BS of the china flu is totally off subject.

If somebody painted your neighbor's house for free, would that make up for him murdering half of your family?

Wonder what the experts here have done for world peace or even in the local neighborhoods? Wait, looting and rioting is their claim to the Nobel Prize

I thought it was to be for Trump playing footsie with Kim Jung Un!

Not a lot perhaps, though he has announced that the UAE/Israel deal has the support of the USA. And we do not know how big a part administration officials played in negotiations that led to the deal.
hat's pretty much my thinking. It succeeded specifically because Trump stayed away. He can fug-up a one car funeral!

I've been there on business a few times, but not in about 10 years. Beautiful place. On its feet more than anyplace else I have ever been. And you are spot on. They love money, and it shows.

Its been a while for me too but its an oasis in the gulf. Now its even more glamorous. I remember going to a giant mall with nothing but stores selling gold and gold jewelry, you needed sunglasses just to walk around it.

Back
Top Bottom