• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nobel medical prize goes to 2 Americans, 1 German

Well so much for Putin to be in it!

Well, my understanding was that his ricin delivery system had him on the short list for the medical prize.

Everyone is anxious for the Peace prize which will be announced on Friday.

Really? I don't know anyone who would take the Peace Prize seriously.

But OK, I changed my mind:

I think it should go to Bashir al-Assad.

He easily could ignore all that silly talk about chemical weapons and red lines, but, a natural-born peacenik and humanitarian that he is, he accepted the bitter option of letting some hostile foreigners to grab and destroy a part of his hard-earned civil-war arsenal.

Really, put yourself into his shoes: Here I am, a totalitarian dictator, son of my father, father of my nation, etc, etc - and I can kill those who oppose me only with bullets, grenades, rockets, swords, spears, guillotines, knives, stones, lethal injections, iron bars, thousands of other sharp or blunt, projectile or not objects and substances - but not a poison gas?

What utter humiliation.

But the man made the titanic effort, suppressed his pride, and serves now as an example to all humanity, in the department of conflict resolution.

Well, my understanding was that his ricin delivery system had him on the short list for the medical prize.

Oh, come on, that was a different KGB department, long time ago, and they have run into serious QC problems after the weaponized umbrella production was outsourced to North Korea.

Scientific superpowers like the Putin's Russia use only scientifically super-powerful stuff, like polonium -210.

Oh, come on, that was a different KGB department, long time ago, and they have run into serious QC problems after the weaponized umbrella production was outsourced to North Korea.

Scientific superpowers like the Putin's Russia use only scientifically super-powerful stuff, like polonium -210.

Well, I will have to check with moose and squirrel on that.;)

Back
Top Bottom