• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No, you can't be a terrible human being and be a good president.

Adultery and lying about others is commonly agreed to be dishonest, deplorable and, if extreme enough, vile. Comparatively, what is your opinion of Bill Clinton’s Presidency and please be objective....or dodge the comparison if you please.

So there is no such thing as a good president?

I didn't say Bill Clinton was vile.

So there is no such thing as a good president?

I didn't say Bill Clinton was vile.
No, there’s just no such thing as a perfect president. Another way of putting it is that some presidents are less vile than others.

You are not required to answer the question.

Clearly it was a mistake for Democrats to make Hillary their nominee.

Nevertheless she had a chance to be a good president. She falls into the "deeply flawed" category, but she is not scum. Trump is scum. And a hot mess as president.

The title of this thread was "No, you can't be a terrible human being and be a good president". It has been documented in several books and interviews with former Secret Service agents, that Hillary Clinton was a terrible human being who treated others like garbage. On Thanksgiving day, I talked with the father of someone that I do work for and the subject of Hillary Clinton came up. His brother-in-law was a member of Hillary Clinton's Secret Service detail during her entire 2016 presidential campaign (he transferred to the DOD in 2017) and the stories he was told about how nasty that woman was, confirmed the stories about her that have been told in every single book and public interview over the last 2 decades. He told me 2 specific instances his brother-in-law passed along that confirm just how poorly she treated subordinates.

My point is, that anyone who voted for or supported Hillary Clinton in 2016, and believes the title of this op to be true, they have some explaining to do.

No, there’s just no such thing as a perfect president. Another way of putting it is that some presidents are less vile than others.
Well it sounds like you have opinions which is cool.

You are not required to answer the question.
Well again I didn't say Bill Clinton was vile and I don't believe he was so it's odd that you'd request me explain why he is.

Is it not an acceptable answer for me to say that?

The title of this thread was "No, you can't be a terrible human being and be a good president". It has been documented in several books and interviews with former Secret Service agents, that Hillary Clinton was a terrible human being who treated others like garbage. On Thanksgiving day, I talked with the father of someone that I do work for and the subject of Hillary Clinton came up. His brother-in-law was a member of Hillary Clinton's Secret Service detail during her entire 2016 presidential campaign (he transferred to the DOD in 2017) and the stories he was told about how nasty that woman was, confirmed the stories about her that have been told in every single book and public interview over the last 2 decades. He told me 2 specific instances his brother-in-law passed along that confirm just how poorly she treated subordinates.

My point is, that anyone who voted for or supported Hillary Clinton in 2016, and believes the title of this op to be true, they have some explaining to do.

luuucyyy-you-got-some-splainin-to-do.jpg

Sorry couldn't resist.

Attachments

• luuucyyy-you-got-some-splainin-to-do.jpg
    luuucyyy-you-got-some-splainin-to-do.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 34
....Well again I didn't say Bill Clinton was vile and I don't believe he was...

Thanks for the admission. I figured so, but wanted to ask before concluding it to be true. So Clinton raped and sexually harassed women, repeatedly lied to the American public about, among other things, his pot smoking and sexual predation, but you don’t believe he was vile.

So what, in your opinion, makes one President more vile than another?

Thanks for the admission. I figured so, but wanted to ask before concluding it to be true. So Clinton raped and sexually harassed women, repeatedly lied to the American public about, among other things, his pot smoking and sexual predation, but you don’t believe he was vile.

So what, in your opinion, makes one President more vile than another?

I've never met any presidents let alone do I know any so I can't make character assessments. I instead judge them on what they did in office.

Sure, Trump has had some foibles, who hasn't?

I think it might also be a case of how the media portrays Trump. Constantly ginning up controversies to generate their desired fauxrage.

I've never met any presidents let alone do I know any so I can't make character assessments. I instead judge them on what they did in office.
Sorry, but that’s a dodge. You obviously felt qualified to question people’s opinions that Trump is vile.

So what makes him vile and please be objective.

I think it might also be a case of how the media portrays Trump. Constantly ginning up controversies to generate their desired fauxrage.

All one has to do to learn about the “real” Trump is read his daily 3AM Twitter brain dumps. No media needed. The man is a narcisisistic con man and liar by his own hand.

All one has to do to learn about the “real” Trump is read his daily 3AM Twitter brain dumps. No media needed. The man is a narcisisistic con man and liar by his own hand.

I'm no fan of his Twitter habits. It'd be much better if he could turn a phrase to others as well as Reagan did. But that's not Trump.

More often than not there's a kernel of truth in what he says and what he Tweets. If its those kernels that you label a con and lies. . . . :shrug:

I'm no fan of his Twitter habits. It'd be much better if he could turn a phrase to others as well as Reagan did. But that's not Trump.

More often than not there's a kernel of truth in what he says and what he Tweets. If its those kernels that you label a con and lies. . . . :shrug:
The best lies always have a kernel of truth. It’s one thing to say that Hillary is a pedophile, but another to say Hillary lies, is corrupt and is a pedophile. By including truth in the bigger lie, more people are likely to believe it.

Regardless, Trump’s image problems aren’t because of the media; they’re because he’s a Twit and causes his own problems on a daily basis by using his Twitter feed to crap out his mind.

The best lies always have a kernel of truth. It’s one thing to say that Hillary is a pedophile, but another to say Hillary lies, is corrupt and is a pedophile. By including truth in the bigger lie, more people are likely to believe it.

Regardless, Trump’s image problems aren’t because of the media; they’re because he’s a Twit and causes his own problems on a daily basis by using his Twitter feed to crap out his mind.
I can see no constructive discussion evoling from this.

Have a good night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I can see no constructive discussion evoling from this.

Have a good night.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
You’re obviously free to believe most of Trump’s problems are not his fault and that the media treats him unfairly. OTOH, when someone posts something stupid on Twitter, regardless if they are Left or Right, anyone is free to comment on it....including the media. Trump is a twit. He’s been in office for almost two years and is still too stupid to stop dumping his brains onto Twitter every time he takes a morning dump.

I’m currently in Frankfurt, Germany so it’s not quite 7AM here. Have a good day.

Saying Trump has some foibles is like saying his boyfriend Kim Jong-un has some foibles.

That is minimizing and normalizing the atrocities, kind of like what Trump did when he praised Kim's murderous leadership and said they fell in love.

Trump is way past foibles. Only our Constitution and bureaucracy protect us from Trump. I hope they hold out long enough against his unceasing assaults for us to get through this dark period without losing too much of our soul.

Last edited:
Saying Trump has some foibles is like saying his boyfriend Kim Jong-un has some foibles.

That is minimizing and normalizing the atrocities, kind of like what Trump did when he praised Kim's murderous leadership and said they fell in love.

Trump is way past foibles. Only our Constitution and bureaucracy protect us from Trump. I hope they hold out long enough against his unceasing assaults for us to get through this dark period without losing too much of our soul.

"Only our Constitution and bureaucracy protect us from Trump. I hope they hold out long enough against his unceasing assaults"

Which parts of the Constitution has Trump violated?
Which part of the Constitution do you believe are protecting 'us' from Trump?
Which parts of the Constitution do you believe 'unceasingly assaulting'?

As for Trump's impact on the unaccountable federal bureaucracy, I think it's high time that it get trimmed back, both in expense as well as in political power. The more power that government has over the electorate, the less liberty and freedom and choice the electorate has. I'd like very much to swing that more to the electorate.

Many ridiculous things Trump has said have later been found to be true. I mean it wasn't too long ago that Trump said that these migrants moving through Mexico were invaders. Once they reached our border, what do they do? Around a thousand of them storm the border to enter illegally. I mean, how can you call that anything but an invasion?

You’re obviously free to believe most of Trump’s problems are not his fault and that the media treats him unfairly. OTOH, when someone posts something stupid on Twitter, regardless if they are Left or Right, anyone is free to comment on it....including the media. Trump is a twit. He’s been in office for almost two years and is still too stupid to stop dumping his brains onto Twitter every time he takes a morning dump.

I’m currently in Frankfurt, Germany so it’s not quite 7AM here. Have a good day.

Enjoy Germany. It's a great place to visit, but I wouldn't want to live there!
Some beer and brats!

Many ridiculous things Trump has said have later been found to be true. I mean it wasn't too long ago that Trump said that these migrants moving through Mexico were invaders. Once they reached our border, what do they do? Around a thousand of them storm the border to enter illegally. I mean, how can you call that anything but an invasion?

Agreed. With the manner of their behavior, I'm not certain that we should be welcoming them into our country.

I'm much more in favor of legal immigrants, those who want to be here in the US, and to contribute their skills and talents to the greater whole.

Not parents making the questionable decisions of forcing their barefooted children in the direction of the tear gas, holding their children in front of them as a human shield. Not the violence of throwing rocks (large ones at that) at Border Control officers.

No, I think we really don't want, need, or have to take in, people such as this.

:lamo

Sorry, but that's a poor comparison. With Trump, it really is foibles. He's a ****ing moron but our Constitutional government protects us from his idiocy as you mentioned. Not so with a dictator like Kim. Hence, why comparing Trump to Kim as equals in atrocities is false.

Sorry, but that's a poor comparison. With Trump, it really is foibles. He's a ****ing moron but our Constitutional government protects us from his idiocy as you mentioned. Not so with a dictator like Kim. Hence, why comparing Trump to Kim as equals in atrocities is false.

That's why people trying to give Trump credit for not committing too extreme of atrocities is bogus. We have no idea how far Trump would go without the constraints our government puts on him, but he has given us plenty of reason to fear. It's hard enough to keep him in check with injunctions from the court. He keeps trying to push it a little farther and then complaining that he's not getting away with inhumanity.

That's why people trying to give Trump credit for not committing too extreme of atrocities is bogus. We have no idea how far Trump would go without the constraints our government puts on him, but he has given us plenty of reason to fear. It's hard enough to keep him in check with injunctions from the court. He keeps trying to push it a little farther and then complaining that he's not getting away with inhumanity.

Agreed. I have no doubt he really would act like Kim if given the chance. Of course, unlike North Korea, both the military and the citizenry would make him look like Mussolini hanging from a street lamp in short order.

Back
Top Bottom