• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No, Vegans can't do everything a meat eater can

Cheap.

4 have died 4 days, a fall, a heart attack, and two altitude sickness. I am aware of no information that vegans have more altitude sickness problems, I would like to see the evidence.

What percentage of people who died were on vegan diets verses the number of people who tried ..

What percentage of people who died were on vegan diets verses the number of people who tried ..

IDK. Look, there could be a connection, there are a few micro nutrients that naturally come only from meat, and if a vegan did not get them all maybe it could be a problem with altitude sickness.

One thing though, 4 people have died in 4 days in 4 separate events. I am pretty sure a bunch more are still lost in a storm, like they took a wrong turn and no one can find them. This is sad. I am not currently very receptive to what looks like pot shots at vegans because of one of these deaths.

Maybe that is just me.

Last edited:
Cheap.

4 have died 4 days, a fall, a heart attack, and two altitude sickness. I am aware of no information that vegans have more altitude sickness problems, I would like to see the evidence.

Yep. That sample needs bigger and more variety.

Yep. That sample needs bigger and more variety.

Maybe we can convince the more militant ones to go to Tibet and take up the challenge. :2razz:

A woman went to claim Mount Everest to prove that 'Vegans can do anything everyone else can' shows that is wrong, by dying of altitude sickness.

Eat meat.. it's good for you.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/woman-trying-prove-vegans-anything-115035323.html?nhp=1

You are a very long way from proving causality here. From the information you here you can equally conclude that she died because she was a blonde (or whatever color her hair was).

Historically vegans were not as strong as meat eaters. Meat provides a highly concentrated source of protein and you cannot get as much protein on a veggie diet. Given modern supplementation it's not clear that that's still the case.

This is Dr. Atanas Skatov.

skatov.jpg

He has climbed the highest peaks on at least 6 of the 7 continents, including Everest. And he is a vegan.

And most of the dead people on Everest weren't vegan. So the moral of the story is some vegans can do it and some can't. Some omnivores can do it and some can't. Carry on.

Eat meat.. it's good for you.

Johnny Weissmuller, who played Tarzan in the original tv series, didn't eat meat and he had a physique like a champion weightlifter.

Several years ago a woman came second in a race across the English channel. She didn't eat meat either.

Then in the '80s there was a 64 year old Aussie man who won a cross-country marathon. He also didn't eat meat.

Sorry but you don't know what you're talking about.

I dislike the concept of vegan diets but this isn't a good argument against it. People die trying all sorts of extreme events. Lack of animal product in the diet isn't a likely cause.

Back
Top Bottom