• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Thanks Button

Johnny

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
I see we have a Thanks button to click on.

I thought it would be neat if we have a No Thanks button.

I'm not sure if that is possible but if it is I think it would be a cool add to the forum.

Thoughts?

What's the point in having that kind of negative feedback? I think the thanks system as a concept is good for giving people positive feedback. People who don't have much thanks are the equivalent of people who would likely have a lot of "no thanks". One system covers both angles. Besides, people would abuse a "no thanks" system like crazy.

Just thank and dethank. That way you expressed your disapproval and it remains more or less hidden. It would most likely hurt the site with a no thank button because lets face it there will be some people that just hit no thanks based solely on who is posting.

Just thank and dethank. That way you expressed your disapproval and it remains more or less hidden. It would most likely hurt the site with a no thank button because lets face it there will be some people that just hit no thanks based solely on who is posting.

But some of us may take pride in having a no-thanks high rating. :D

Libertarians would beat us all in that. No one likes them.

I like some. Others make me want to eat my face.
But that's like many other designations here.

I like some. Others make me want to eat my face.
But that's like many other designations here.

I like some of them as well. But it was more to the point you would be in one thread and see a libertarian say something and some one on the right would be like YOU LIBERAL FOOL. Yet in another thread that same person would thank the libertarian. They are in no mans land.

I see we have a Thanks button to click on.

I thought it would be neat if we have a No Thanks button.

I'm not sure if that is possible but if it is I think it would be a cool add to the forum.

Thoughts?

Considering the partisan vitriol that gets flung around on this forum, along with the moderate vitriol, the centrist vitriol, the independent vitriol, and the third-party vitriol as well, I think that a "No Thanks" button is unneeded.

Just say No thanxs tot he no thanxs button:2razz:

Obviously you are an outlier because everyone likes you :).

I thank you, but I highly doubt it. :lol:

I wonder if they've ever tried the 'reputation' system here? It's worked on some forums, but seems like political forums are a different beast... so maybe it's best to stick with the "thanks" function.

What's the point in having that kind of negative feedback? I think the thanks system as a concept is good for giving people positive feedback. People who don't have much thanks are the equivalent of people who would likely have a lot of "no thanks". One system covers both angles. Besides, people would abuse a "no thanks" system like crazy.

Agree. I feel it would only cause more ill will between posters in the forums:(

GND, I have saw that rep thing cause madness on forums too. lol. I am starting to see a trend here-most forums I hang out at? Stuff like this always runs amok.:)

Last edited:
I thank you, but I highly doubt it. :lol:

I wonder if they've ever tried the 'reputation' system here? It's worked on some forums, but seems like political forums are a different beast... so maybe it's best to stick with the "thanks" function.
Yep, we had the reputation system up at one time. But, that was back when the system was up or down and there was not really levels to add.

It was crazy back then because folks would band up and only rep the folks they were friends with and other minority voices with the most amazing quality posts did not seem to get reputation. The thanks system was originally meant to be a quality posting value, but peeps use it for whatever fits the situation best (quality, agreement etc..) and that is okay because it is a much more even system than the way rep was implemented previously. After the next software revision, we may be revisiting the rep system again because it has been rewritten with different levels.

Just thank and dethank. That way you expressed your disapproval and it remains more or less hidden.

Except that with no way to track which of their posts have been thanked anymore, people would no doubt fail to even notice, ergo you've actually registered nothing.

Except that with no way to track which of their posts have been thanked anymore, people would no doubt fail to even notice, ergo you've actually registered nothing.
That feature without a doubt is the most missed feature of vb4 thus far. :(

That feature without a doubt is the most missed feature of vb4 thus far. :(

Yeah, I certainly miss it.
It's made the whole "thanks" thing a bit less relevant. :(

I miss the tracking of thanks from the older version, but it was sort of my point that nothing was registered. I don't think it would do that much benefit to have the ability to no thanks people because I can definitely see certain groups of people always no thanking some posters. It just wouldn't help the site that much.

Back
Top Bottom