• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Syrian War to Save Obama's Face!.....

Yeah well I expect the Right to go after him. That's a given.
If it is a given, then it is Treason, since it goes against all of their behavior since and including Reagan.
All of them should be listening to their constituients.....first and formost. That's what puts them there.

Screw constituents. Congresspeople are elected to make tough decisions on matters where only they are privy to our top secrets. I come from a military family where you trust what your people do. I was especially against the hearings being open today, as was this old Veteran at Mom's assisted living home. You could see the hurt in his eyes with those red hands behind Kerry. Similar to how my Dad felt about Ollie North, though I disagreed with Dad. At least those hearings were after the fact and a Dem Congress chose not to go after Reagan. That's what really angers me here.

If it is a given, then it is Treason, since it goes against all of their behavior since and including Reagan.

Screw constituents. Congresspeople are elected to make tough decisions on matters where only they are privy to our top secrets. I come from a military family where you trust what your people do. I was especially against the hearings being open today, as was this old Veteran at Mom's assisted living home. You could see the hurt in his eyes with those red hands behind Kerry. Similar to how my Dad felt about Ollie North, though I disagreed with Dad. At least those hearings were after the fact and a Dem Congress chose not to go after Reagan. That's what really angers me here.

No......Congressmen are suppose to reflect the will of the People. Also it is not treason.....which you don't even want to go down that road with that Past Democratic History.

Now as far as seeing the Hurt in Veterans eyes.....all one need do is watch how those eyes cringe at the mere mention of words like Democrats and War.

Your last sentence went down that road you told me not to go down. You just didn't say the word Treason.

Tell me about why we couldn't bomb Haiphong.

Dad was raised in a conservative Democratic family. I liked "Scoop" Jackson as a kid and got caught up with RFK when I was 14.

No......Congressmen are suppose to reflect the will of the People. Also it is not treason.....which you don't even want to go down that road with that Past Democratic History.

Now as far as seeing the Hurt in Veterans eyes.....all one need do is watch how those eyes cringe at the mere mention of words like Democrats and War.

You must admit that McCain was right that we would have 535 plans. This Rep. Yoho on the Last Word is a definite NO and a definite "Obama is a Dem and not a Repub".

Your last sentence went down that road you told me not to go down. You just didn't say the word Treason.

Tell me about why we couldn't bomb Haiphong.

Dad was raised in a conservative Democratic family. I liked "Scoop" Jackson as a kid and got caught up with RFK when I was 14.

Myself.....I had both. On the Irish Side. Democrats and on the Republican Side. Sicilians. So I heard both.

I went with one Democrat had to say.....

th

Then.....they Put their party First over Country. ;)

Yeah well I expect the Right to go after him. That's a given. What makes it all the more interesting. Is when all those Democrats jump out into the media and make the Big Shoe.....then turn around and will vote just to save Obama's face.

All of them should be listening to their constituients.....first and formost. That's what puts them there.

Plus you have already seen me say. McCain needs to be checked for senility. Which they should be on him about his mental health. In essence driving him out to pasture!

WMD LIES - Bush Cheney Rumsfeld - THE ULTIMATE CLIP (Edited) - YouTube

So for you now, it's all about the wrongs of the Dems. What caused that?
Myself.....I had both. On the Irish Side. Democrats and on the Republican Side. Sicilians. So I heard both.

th

Did you see the liquid manure that was sprayed by Rep. Joe Wilson?

th

So for you now, it's all about the wrongs of the Dems. What caused that?

Nah....not all. I know some Blue Dogs that aint never been afraid of some hard work. ;)

I supported conservative Dems for the Senate last election, Heitkamp in ND and Donnelly in IN. Next year, I will donate to Hagan in NC and Nunn in GA and possibly Grimes in KY. I believe Pryor in AR and Landrieu in LA will have enough money. All seven of these have good conservative credentials.
Nah....not all. I know some Blue Dogs that aint never been afraid of some hard work. ;)

Nope But I see what Salon is saying for the Progressives.

The real reason not to intervene in Syria

Demands by politicians and pundits for intervention in Syria have become so strong that they now seem to be influencing U.S. policy. But are they right? The most emotionally powerful arguments came from the State Department former policy planning head Anne-Marie Slaughter. The Obama administration is in danger of letting genocide akin to the one in Rwanda in the 1990s occur, she wrote, in the Washington Post. The case of Rwanda haunts Democrats. Former Secretary of State Madeleine Albright called not saving Rwandans her “greatest regret” from her time in office, “something that sits very heavy on all our souls.” U.N. ambassador Susan Rice has similarly expressed agony over U.S. failure to intervene in Rwanda.

Why are humanitarian interventions so difficult? Kuperman theorizes that when rebels are assisted by outside forces, they are unintentionally encouraged to become more reckless in fighting a regime or provoking it, resist negotiations, and expand their ambitions. Intervention can thereby produce a perverse situation of prolonging a conflict that results in more deaths. He calls this the “moral hazard of humanitarian intervention.” Even the expectation or the mistaken belief of outside support can encourage rebels to continue fighting or resist settlements.

Right now, the U.S. public is overwhelmingly hostile to military intervention in Syria. Kuperman speculates that what had previously been a nonviolent uprising in Syria in early 2011 became an armed rebellion when Syrians saw that the U.S. supported Libyan rebels. “I think the Syrians were looking at this and saying, ‘Hey, we’ve been peaceful and getting nothing while the Libyans got outside help,’” he says. As a result of the Syrian opposition transforming their methods from nonviolent to an armed rebellion, the death toll has increased approximately 15 times per week, estimates Kuperman.

It should also be noted that these are purely discussions of humanitarian interventions, divorced from considerations about American interests. For the U.S. in the Middle East, there are no good options: Non-intervention spurs resentment at perceived American indifference to suffering; intervention spurs resentment at perceived American meddling. Encouraging negotiations means discouraging grand ambitions; supporting one side means alienating another. The toxic history of American and Western imperialism in the Middle East means that for a long time, the U.S. is simply going to be disliked in the Middle East. As George Washington University professor Marc Lynch puts it in the latest issue of Foreign Affairs, “In the Middle East, haters gonna hate.”

The humanitarian impulse is a noble one, spurred by good intentions. But good intentions, even if they don’t pave the road to hell, can sometimes take us a good way there. Those calling for intervention in Syria should seriously consider the possibility that outside interference may be counterproductive.....snip~

The real reason not to intervene in Syria - Salon.com

On that Note.....Time for me to call it a nite. I got Work to get ready for.

Joe Wilson is the sorry piece of **** who had the gall to stand up during one of Obama's state of the union speeches and yell out "You Lie!"

If he had yelled it at me if I had been Obama I would have immediately said, "Security!! Remove this man from these hallowed chambers" Then...after the speech I would have pressed charges against his ignorant ass.

Anyone? How can Obama now save face.....after taking of for Sweden and taking time out to play some golf. Then on to the G20.

Sedition is alive and well in the USA.

This kind of repulsive anti-Obama manure would have been prosecuted a decade ago with the Patriot Act.

This decade, forget about that Patriot thingy.

No it wouldn't have. :lamo

I had seen and read worse during the Bush years. But let me guess... that was different, right?

:roll:

No.....

Forget Democrats....just mentioned war and you can see it. I see it every day. Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

This is NOT something we should be involved in, JUST LIKE we shouldn't have been involved in Iraq.

But let us all just continue to blame each other instead of the folks in charge....while we're busy here bleating about it on an online forum, young soldiers, families, will once again be subjected to yet another war...our nation to financial catastrophe in a "war that cannot be won"...as we ONCE AGAIN play the worlds police dog.

The whole thing sickens me.

Forget Democrats....just mentioned war and you can see it. I see it every day. Fort Leavenworth, Kansas.

This is NOT something we should be involved in, JUST LIKE we shouldn't have been involved in Iraq.

But let us all just continue to blame each other instead of the folks in charge....while we're busy here bleating about it on an online forum, young soldiers, families, will once again be subjected to yet another war...our nation to financial catastrophe in a "war that cannot be won"...as we ONCE AGAIN play the worlds police dog.

The whole thing sickens me.

Mornin TGND.
hat.gif
It sickens me as well. Especially since the Media wont go after the Senators and Pols. Nor Obama.....forcing them to answer up. Answer the Questions they know the deal to.

You got damn near over half of the Republicans that want to jump on this. Then the Obama Nut Slurpers that will vote to save Obama some Face.

Yesterday I heard Hugh Hewitt telling people to contact their Congressmen and tell them to Vote for the Strike.

Graham Crackers of the Mush Blend even came out and stated.....that if people cannot see that this is about Iran and Syria being their link. Then they are blind. The NEO Con tells it like it is.

They are given 60 days plus an additional 30. McCain looks like The White Version of Thulsa Doom......got that Big ass reptilian smile. Both him and Graham Crackers got what they wanted from Obama. Plus now Gen Keane even stated this morning.....that if we are going to do something. Then it should be to help change things there. Not put all this effort into lobbing a few missile strikes which wont account for anything. They are even considering taking out Assads Air just to turn things around.

They do that and without Russia and China voting for it. Russia will then put in the Missile Shield Defense. Things will get way worse.

Thing is they are doing this all behind closed doors. While putting on the show.

Mornin TGND.
hat.gif
It sickens me as well. Especially since the Media wont go after the Senators and Pols. Nor Obama.....forcing them to answer up. Answer the Questions they know the deal to.

You got damn near over half of the Republicans that want to jump on this. Then the Obama Nut Slurpers that will vote to save Obama some Face.

Yesterday I heard Hugh Hewitt telling people to contact their Congressmen and tell them to Vote for the Strike.

Graham Crackers of the Mush Blend even came out and stated.....that if people cannot see that this is about Iran and Syria being their link. Then they are blind. The NEO Con tells it like it is.

They are given 60 days plus an additional 30. McCain looks like The White Version of Thulsa Doom......got that Big ass reptilian smile. Both him and Graham Crackers got what they wanted from Obama. Plus now Gen Keane even stated this morning.....that if we are going to do something. Then it should be to help change things there. Not put all this effort into lobbing a few missile strikes which wont account for anything. They are even considering taking out Assads Air just to turn things around.

They do that and without Russia and China voting for it. Russia will then put in the Missile Shield Defense. Things will get way worse.

Thing is they are doing this all behind closed doors. While putting on the show.

Morning, MMC.

They've been saying, "no boots on the ground"...I say, we all know that's a load of horse hockey. This isn't something that we go into, fire a couple of bunker busters, cruse missiles, tomahawks and we're outtie 5,000... oh hell no.

I feel like our nation is playing the game of "Risk" here, and we're not going to like the outcome.

They say if you don't know history, you're doomed to repeat it.

How many times are we going to rinse, wash, repeat...

They (head asses in charge) are going to do nothing but make this a threat to national security by getting involved.

Morning, MMC.

They've been saying, "no boots on the ground"...I say, we all know that's a load of horse hockey. This isn't something that we go into, fire a couple of bunker busters, cruse missiles, tomahawks and we're outtie 5,000... oh hell no.

I feel like our nation is playing the game of "Risk" here, and we're not going to like the outcome.

They say if you don't know history, you're doomed to repeat it.

How many times are we going to rinse, wash, repeat...

They (head asses in charge) are going to do nothing but make this a threat to national security by getting involved.

Even Bolton the Neo Con has come out against this one. A few others. But they don't get to make any decisions and its not like anyone is listening to them. This would clearly be aggression.

Rubio voted against this on that committee. We need to get McCain off of that FR Committee, and the Arms Committee. Plus anything to do with Intelligence. As MCCain and that word don't mix to well.

Back
Top Bottom