• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NO SMOKING GUN for Obama and his Red Line in the Sand......

MMC

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Private
Ooops there it is.....no evidence for Team Obama. Lacked evidence that Kerry Hagel and Obama said they had. :doh Now, Team Obama looks even more incompetent than they did before. Kerry and Hagel running around the World crying and whining we got evidence. Looks like our feckless leaders got played again.

And whats this.....WHOA, again the UN inspectors are now looking into the Rebels and some tunnels they had with Chems in them. :shock:
Oh nooos.....say it isn't so. What.....the Joy Joy Rebels would never do ANYTHING like that now. Would they?
sarcasm2.gif

NO SMOKING GUN

U.S. officials acknowledged on Thursday they lacked proof that Assad personally ordered last week's poison gas attack, and some allies have warned that military action without U.N. Security Council authorization may make matters worse.

On the call with lawmakers, U.S. officials, including Hagel and Secretary of State John Kerry, cited evidence of chemical weapons use including "intercepted communications from high-level Syrian officials", said Engel, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee.

After the 90-minute briefing, some lawmakers said the administration still had work to do to convince the public.

"The president is going to have to make his case, I think, to the American people I think before he takes any action," said Republican Howard "Buck" McKeon of California, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

Witnesses said the investigators were meeting soldiers at the Mezze Military Airport who state media said were exposed to poison gas after finding chemical agents in a tunnel used by rebels in the Damascus suburb of Jobar last Saturday......snip~

France says ready to punish Syria despite British no vote

Ooops there it is.....no evidence for Team Obama. Lacked evidence that Kerry Hagel and Obama said they had. :doh Now, Team Obama looks even more incompetent than they did before. Kerry and Hagel running around the World crying and whining we got evidence. Looks like our feckless leaders got played again.

And whats this.....WHOA, again the UN inspectors are now looking into the Rebels and some tunnels they had with Chems in them. :shock:
Oh nooos.....say it isn't so. What.....the Joy Joy Rebels would never do ANYTHING like that now. Would they?
sarcasm2.gif

NO SMOKING GUN

U.S. officials acknowledged on Thursday they lacked proof that Assad personally ordered last week's poison gas attack, and some allies have warned that military action without U.N. Security Council authorization may make matters worse.

On the call with lawmakers, U.S. officials, including Hagel and Secretary of State John Kerry, cited evidence of chemical weapons use including "intercepted communications from high-level Syrian officials", said Engel, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee.

After the 90-minute briefing, some lawmakers said the administration still had work to do to convince the public.

"The president is going to have to make his case, I think, to the American people I think before he takes any action," said Republican Howard "Buck" McKeon of California, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

Witnesses said the investigators were meeting soldiers at the Mezze Military Airport who state media said were exposed to poison gas after finding chemical agents in a tunnel used by rebels in the Damascus suburb of Jobar last Saturday......snip~

Since when have we needed proof in order to wage over decade long occupational wars?

So you would advocate going in whether we have proof or not?

I was just asking since when have we needed proof. Obviously the President can do anything with the military it wants, even make up false claims of WMDs to launch imperial occupation wars in foreign lands that pose no threat to the US.

So you would advocate going in whether we have proof or not?

More importantly, he would advocate going to war against something that is no threat to the U.S. for no potential gain for anyone and for emotional reasons. And we wonder why the world criticizes our foreign policy. I'm embarrassed for us.

I was just asking since when have we needed proof. Obviously the President can do anything with the military it wants, even make up false claims of WMDs to launch imperial occupation wars in foreign lands that pose no threat to the US.

Actually, Constitutionally the President cannot do anything he wants with the military.

Actually, Constitutionally the President cannot do anything he wants with the military.

Constitution? Are we still following that today?
Doesn't the Constitution give the power to declare war to the Congress? What a quaint, old fashioned idea that is.

Hasn't stopped past Presidents, why should it stop this one?

Obama has played pretty bad the game on east.

He lost Pakistan, Egypt, Libya, England.
Even Europe does not trust USA as before.

Since when have we needed proof in order to wage over decade long occupational wars?

Well that's true.....but I think Team Obama was HOPING their evidence would have been enough to get a Mandate out of the UN.

sarcasm2.gif

NO SMOKING GUN

The Syria Thing is very instructive. It makes very clear, what problems we will have building an international guarantor of R2P.

Yeah, but it ain't gonna do so on its own and there's no real pressure to stop it.

There is mounting pressure from Congress actually, but we will see if Obama decides to be legal about this, not that he has cared about what is legal or what his actual powers are anyway...

This whole thing...what an embarrassment. Obama looks like a punk bitch. Putin has him pegged. Arabs dont respecthim. Europe thinks he is weak across the board.

When he first drew his line in the sand...well...that makes for good sound bites, but what happens when SOMEONE crosses your line? It happened in march. Chemical weapons use is BAD, right? It will cause some form of action, right? But what happens when it is the horse you are backing that is doing it? Well...back in March, nothing. Now...regardless of who did it...nothing. If the rebels are using chemical weapons, shouldnt that inspire some form of action, just as if the Syrian government were doing it? Not attacking Syria because you dont have proof is the right thing to do. But letting it drop or worse, ignoring it if it happens to be the rebels?

There is mounting pressure from Congress actually, but we will see if Obama decides to be legal about this, not that he has cared about what is legal or what his actual powers are anyway...

Yes, and we'd have to see if Congress was really interested in reclaiming its lost power should Obama seek to engage us in another war front in an area that poses little to no threat against the US proper. I'm not holding my breath.

Yes, and we'd have to see if Congress was really interested in reclaiming its lost power should Obama seek to engage us in another war front in an area that poses little to no threat against the US proper. I'm not holding my breath.

:agree:

Everything I've seen/heard has hinted at avoiding an occupational war with Syria, supposedly they're considering punitive air strikes or the like. I will say I'm incredibly disappointed with Obama here. England and most of the US wants the results from the UN inspections before any decision is made, but Obama seems unable to wait and just wants to jump to conclusions. For all of Obamas faults, I really thought he would be better than Dubya in this department. I think the only thing limiting him to non-occupational options is how sick of war Americans (and the brits) are. He seems to have a hard-on for Syria for some reason. I would even scratch out "little" and capitalize the "No" in the "little to no threat" assessment.

Everything I've seen/heard has hinted at avoiding an occupational war with Syria, supposedly they're considering punitive air strikes or the like. I will say I'm incredibly disappointed with Obama here. England and most of the US wants the results from the UN inspections before any decision is made, but Obama seems unable to wait and just wants to jump to conclusions. For all of Obamas faults, I really thought he would be better than Dubya in this department. I think the only thing limiting him to non-occupational options is how sick of war Americans (and the brits) are. He seems to have a hard-on for Syria for some reason. I would even scratch out "little" and capitalize the "No" in the "little to no threat" assessment.

Yeah, George W ran his first campaign with "no nation building" as part of his platform, and we've seen how far that went. Obama has had much interest in perpetuating and expanding our wars because the people he serves benefit from the wars. It's no different than George Bush. Obama and Bush are for all functional purposes they same. George jumped at the opportunity to bog us down in the ME and Obama is jumping at the opportunity to keep it that way.

More importantly, he would advocate going to war against something that is no threat to the U.S. for no potential gain for anyone and for emotional reasons. And we wonder why the world criticizes our foreign policy. I'm embarrassed for us.

Heya Fmw. :2wave: Well.....Obama did say Assad had to go. Told him to Step down. I think when Assad saw that.....he was like. Hey Obama I'll step down when you come here and kiss my ass. :lol:

Heya Coin. :2wave: Are you saying Obama double dribbled? :lol:

But American liberals and Democrats will tell you endlessly that the world loves Obama and now that the evil Bush is gone, love of America is everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom