• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NO SMOKING GUN for Obama and his Red Line in the Sand......

Yeah, George W ran his first campaign with "no nation building" as part of his platform, and we've seen how far that went. Obama has had much interest in perpetuating and expanding our wars because the people he serves benefit from the wars. It's no different than George Bush. Obama and Bush are for all functional purposes they same. George jumped at the opportunity to bog us down in the ME and Obama is jumping at the opportunity to keep it that way.

I fully believe that Bush would have stuck to his campaign of "no nation building" had 9/11 not happened - nothing so tragic has happened under Obama's watch and he has been inconsistent in his approach to world events. You can blame Bush for Iraq, but not Afghanistan, and Bush for all his faults was very consistent in foreign policy decisions and America's friends and enemies knew where he stood at all times. Obama's dithering has led to a vacuum that rogue states and individuals are gladly trying to fill.

I fully believe that Bush would have stuck to his campaign of "no nation building" had 9/11 not happened

9/11 didn't excuse Iraq and the quagmire that has cost more American lives than 9/11 itself. He could have easily stuck to his campaign even with 9/11. He didn't want to.

9/11 didn't excuse Iraq and the quagmire that has cost more American lives than 9/11 itself. He could have easily stuck to his campaign even with 9/11. He didn't want to.

Hasn't it been proven that members of Bush' cabinet demanded that the americans investigating find a way to link everything to iraq?

We can disagree

Of course, but we clearly didn't need to go into Iraq, it had nothing to do with Afghanistan or 9/11, the "intelligence" was anything but intelligent, Iraq posed no threat. Bush decided to go in anyway, if he was really looking to avoid nation building he would have avoided Iraq like the plague.

And that was the last time I ever voted for a Republican.

Ooops there it is.....no evidence for Team Obama. Lacked evidence that Kerry Hagel and Obama said they had. :doh Now, Team Obama looks even more incompetent than they did before. Kerry and Hagel running around the World crying and whining we got evidence. Looks like our feckless leaders got played again.

And whats this.....WHOA, again the UN inspectors are now looking into the Rebels and some tunnels they had with Chems in them. :shock:
Oh nooos.....say it isn't so. What.....the Joy Joy Rebels would never do ANYTHING like that now. Would they?
sarcasm2.gif

NO SMOKING GUN

U.S. officials acknowledged on Thursday they lacked proof that Assad personally ordered last week's poison gas attack, and some allies have warned that military action without U.N. Security Council authorization may make matters worse.

On the call with lawmakers, U.S. officials, including Hagel and Secretary of State John Kerry, cited evidence of chemical weapons use including "intercepted communications from high-level Syrian officials", said Engel, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee.

After the 90-minute briefing, some lawmakers said the administration still had work to do to convince the public.

"The president is going to have to make his case, I think, to the American people I think before he takes any action," said Republican Howard "Buck" McKeon of California, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

Witnesses said the investigators were meeting soldiers at the Mezze Military Airport who state media said were exposed to poison gas after finding chemical agents in a tunnel used by rebels in the Damascus suburb of Jobar last Saturday......snip~

France says ready to punish Syria despite British no vote

You've been making two kinds of posts lately and they don't make sense together. On the one hand you've been saying like you are here that there isn't enough evidence to prove without a doubt that Assad has used chemical weapons, which would mean that Assad has not violated Obama's "red line" at least we can't be 100% that he has. That leads me to the other type of post/topic I see you making, which is that Obama is feckless for not doing something in response to this chemical attack which is a obvious violation of his "red line."

So was the "red line" crossed or not, or do we still not know? You can't have it both, or rather all three, ways. And its not just you, plently of other people have been both saying there isn't enough evidence to say Assad used chemical weapons but that Obama is being feckless for not punishing Assad for using chemical weapons and thus putting his foot in his mouth with his earlier threats of "consequences" and "red lines."

Which is it for Christ's sake?

You've been making two kinds of posts lately and they don't make sense together. On the one hand you've been saying like you are here that there isn't enough evidence to prove without a doubt that Assad has used chemical weapons, which would mean that Assad has not violated Obama's "red line" at least we can't be 100% that he has. That leads me to the other type of post/topic I see you making, which is that Obama is feckless for not doing something in response to this chemical attack which is a obvious violation of his "red line."

So was the "red line" crossed or not, or do we still not know? You can't have it both, or rather all three, ways. And its not just you, plently of other people have been both saying there isn't enough evidence to say Assad used chemical weapons but that Obama is being feckless for not punishing Assad for using chemical weapons and thus putting his foot in his mouth with his earlier threats of "consequences" and "red lines."

Feckless in some things that need addressing ... effective in others that aren't in the job description ... but

imagesca4htu1r.jpg

is undeniable.

But American liberals and Democrats will tell you endlessly that the world loves Obama and now that the evil Bush is gone, love of America is everywhere.

Good afternoon, CJ. :2wave:

Yeah, they can say anything they like, but it doesn't make it believable or true. But we do have freedom of speech here, so they use it! :wow:

I think the kid gets it!

Attachments

• Good question.jpg
    Good question.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 17

Heya Wiseone. :2wave: But then that means with what the UN has said about the Rebels then would be true. Which means.....by Obama's and Hollande's own words. Their very own words. The use of Chems would require taking action. Like France said to go and punish those that would use those weapons.

Oh....and I said feckless Leaders. Plural.....That means US Politicians. Presidents come and go in 4-8yrs.

Moreover I have stated Obama should wait. Let Syria play out into the 3 regions it breaks into. Then see who Rises with the cream of the crop. So we know who we are dealing with. I have stated this repeatedly.

Ooops there it is.....no evidence for Team Obama. Lacked evidence that Kerry Hagel and Obama said they had. :doh Now, Team Obama looks even more incompetent than they did before. Kerry and Hagel running around the World crying and whining we got evidence. Looks like our feckless leaders got played again.

And whats this.....WHOA, again the UN inspectors are now looking into the Rebels and some tunnels they had with Chems in them. :shock:
Oh nooos.....say it isn't so. What.....the Joy Joy Rebels would never do ANYTHING like that now. Would they?
sarcasm2.gif

NO SMOKING GUN

U.S. officials acknowledged on Thursday they lacked proof that Assad personally ordered last week's poison gas attack, and some allies have warned that military action without U.N. Security Council authorization may make matters worse.

On the call with lawmakers, U.S. officials, including Hagel and Secretary of State John Kerry, cited evidence of chemical weapons use including "intercepted communications from high-level Syrian officials", said Engel, the top Democrat on the House of Representatives Foreign Affairs Committee.

After the 90-minute briefing, some lawmakers said the administration still had work to do to convince the public.

"The president is going to have to make his case, I think, to the American people I think before he takes any action," said Republican Howard "Buck" McKeon of California, chairman of the House Armed Services Committee.

Witnesses said the investigators were meeting soldiers at the Mezze Military Airport who state media said were exposed to poison gas after finding chemical agents in a tunnel used by rebels in the Damascus suburb of Jobar last Saturday......snip~

France says ready to punish Syria despite British no vote

wow...you're doing your.....research...lol!

Imagine if in 2003 when Bush was ..."making a case for the Iraq war"....people like you were just a bit curious?

Imagine if instead of ...YYYEEHHAAWWW ....from the right ...we had a few people on that side of the political aisle ...just a wee bit curious about bush assertions!

Oh well...one can only wonder.:roll:

wow...you're doing your.....research...lol!

Imagine if in 2003 when Bush was ..."making a case for the Iraq war"....people like you were just a bit curious?

Imagine if instead of ...YYYEEHHAAWWW ....from the right ...we had a few people on that side of the political aisle ...just a wee bit curious about bush assertions!

Oh well...one can only wonder.:roll:

"Say what"......your still talking Buuuuuuuuush? :roll:

Perhaps you should take those frustrations out on France.....their the ones that were the First to try and get everyone else into this mess. ;)

Back
Top Bottom