• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Sharia Law in America.

blaxshep

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
Washington (CNN) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich on Thursday called for the U.S. to test every person with a Muslim background to see if they believe in Sharia law, and deport those who do.

"Let me be as blunt and direct as I can be. Western civilization is in a war. We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported," Gingrich said in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity. "Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up Sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door."

"How do we ascertain -- how do you possibly ascertain whether or not that person really wants assimilation, really wants a new life, or whether or not they want to expand that caliphate, which is what we're at war against?" Hannity asked Thursday.

"The first step is you have to ask them the questions," Gingrich responded. "The second step is you have to monitor what they're doing on the Internet. The third step is, let me be very clear, you have to monitor the mosques. I mean, if you're not prepared to monitor the mosques, this whole thing is a joke. Where do you think the primary source of recruitment is? Where do you think the primary place of indoctrination is? You've got to look at the madrassas -- if you're a school which is teaching Sharia, you want to expel it from the country."

The comments by Gingrich -- who was a finalist to be Donald Trump's running mate before the real estate mogul tapped Indiana Gov. Mike Pence on Thursday -- are similar to ones made by Trump himself last fall, when he called for surveillance of "certain mosques" to counter terrorist threats.

Gingrich also said Thursday that calling Islam a "religion of peace" is "bologna."

"It's not that Islamists are necessarily evil, but they're not necessarily a religion of peace," Gingrich said.

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia - CNNPolitics.com

Gingrich also said Thursday that calling Islam a "religion of peace" is "bologna."

Yeah, it's like calling leftists, "liberals." They are not liberal, they are totalitarian leftists. Period.

Now, back to the leftist allies, muslims. Muslim mainstream is in full support of Shariah right here in the US, and your idiotic, stupid, ridiculous leftists are right there kissing their butts. LMAO. Unbelievable.

That reminds me. Where are all those "liberal muslims," at anyway? I look for them on the TV news, newspapers, alternate news outlets, MSM, under rocks, etc. can't find any. Plenty of evil Christians, but nope, not a single "liberal muslim." :)

Washington (CNN) — Former House Speaker Newt Gingrich on Thursday called for the U.S. to test every person with a Muslim background to see if they believe in Sharia law, and deport those who do.

"Let me be as blunt and direct as I can be. Western civilization is in a war. We should frankly test every person here who is of a Muslim background, and if they believe in Sharia, they should be deported," Gingrich said in an interview with Fox News' Sean Hannity. "Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up Sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door."

"How do we ascertain -- how do you possibly ascertain whether or not that person really wants assimilation, really wants a new life, or whether or not they want to expand that caliphate, which is what we're at war against?" Hannity asked Thursday.

"The first step is you have to ask them the questions," Gingrich responded. "The second step is you have to monitor what they're doing on the Internet. The third step is, let me be very clear, you have to monitor the mosques. I mean, if you're not prepared to monitor the mosques, this whole thing is a joke. Where do you think the primary source of recruitment is? Where do you think the primary place of indoctrination is? You've got to look at the madrassas -- if you're a school which is teaching Sharia, you want to expel it from the country."

The comments by Gingrich -- who was a finalist to be Donald Trump's running mate before the real estate mogul tapped Indiana Gov. Mike Pence on Thursday -- are similar to ones made by Trump himself last fall, when he called for surveillance of "certain mosques" to counter terrorist threats.

"It's not that Islamists are necessarily evil, but they're not necessarily a religion of peace," Gingrich said.

Newt Gingrich: Test every Muslim in U.S. to see if they believe in Sharia - CNNPolitics.com

How about we expand that to everyone who professes a belief in "God's law."

I feel Islam is a death cult, and it's ideals have no fit within our country. That being said, it's absolutely absurd to try and play thought police on what people choose to believe.

Holy ****. Talk about the thought police.

I think it is like social democracy. You don't want to forbid it, but force people to discuss it. Otherwise they never understand that they are being irrational.

So a Christian can desire a state theocracy with forced religious law, but if a Muslim does it he should be deported. By this logic we should get rid of both. Both despise freedom and our constitution.

Strange that Trump did not pick Newt as his running mate, they are two peas in the same pod. I might even go along with his idea if we can also test everyone to see if they are certifiably Stupid then pack them off to some destination unknown, unfortunately we would have to elect a new Government and find new Party candidates. Hmmmm, I said that in jest but the idea is appealing is some strange way.

Newt is just shoveling it out to see what sticks.

Shirra law is not comparable with the US Constitution and there is no point in pretending it is. But we are stuck with who we naturalize. These people come in and drag their hut with them and expect America to smile on their 7th century way of living. FYI, we don't condone child brides, beating women, genital mutilation, buying and selling slaves, jizya, honor killing, killing Jews, killing infidels, etc. We just don't do that here. Women and children have rights here, albeit granted by a different belief system, but rights none the less.

If Muslims are willing to put aside these ancient beliefs and abandon plans to create a "New Muslim World" in America, then we can get along fine.

If not, you are a square peg in a round hole and really should consider folding your tent and going back where you came from. I'd certainly agree to "crowd-sourcing" to help raise money to send you on your way.

From this, I can agree that "Western civilization is in a war." (with Islam), and also that "Sharia is incompatible with Western civilization. Modern Muslims who have given up Sharia, glad to have them as citizens. Perfectly happy to have them next door."

Where there is need for more discussion is what to do about it, and if the mere belief in Sharia warrants deportation or not. I think deportation should be warranted based on an individuals actions rather than his beliefs. A belief not acted on is not a threat.

This is a valid question. Shouldn't this determination be after a person has taken action which calls to question if "that person really wants assimilation, really wants a new life, or whether or not they want to expand that caliphate" ?

Ask questions, only after action has been taken.
Monitor Internet? Nope.
Monitor Mosques? Yup.
Madrassas? Hmm. Freedom of and from religion? But yet a possible hot bed of extremist recruitment and brainwashing, basically. Maybe, maybe not. Further consideration required.

I kinda think that militant, radical Islamists are evil and do evil things.

Hillary is right about one thing....it is hard to ascertain who is a terrorist or not yet she wants to open the door to tens of thousands regardless. Wtf?

Hillary is right about one thing....it is hard to ascertain who is a terrorist or not yet she wants to open the door to tens of thousands regardless. Wtf?

Is it really easier to tell if someone is a terrorist because they thump a bible instead of a Quran?

Should we also test Christians to see if they believe in the New Testament and Jews to see if they believe in the Old Testament? Even if every part of Sharia was "dangerous" what would then happen? Make them wear crescents, then put them in camps? You can't deport Americans, well expect to Gary, Indiana apparently.

lol....that is the mind set of those right leaning Islamist's yes

Well, they've grown up in a culture where males are privileged and stuck in puberty. Females are simply receptacles to be exploited. Nice, eh?

that is precisely the problem

and it can not be encouraged in our countries

no moderate muslim wears a burqa that is just FACT

One would think that a culture that has taken it's morals from the horse kingdom could've picked a better animal to emulate. If it's divinely inspired, Mr. Ed must be their God.

Eh, Newt. The haters of American civilization will call this McCarthyism part deux... I hope terrorism continues to be prosecuted and all the laws in the US that attempt to prevent terrorism are left in place.

denigrating horses isn't nice :lol: :2razz:

I know. I have some. It's times like this that I'm glad they can't read. The males have been gelded, but I haven't told them that, either.

Back
Top Bottom