• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No, seriously, the vulgarity filter is not working properly...

OlNate

Shameless Canuck
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
I just typed the word shit, and it said shit, not ****. I changed it manually... Y'all better not be giving out demerit points for this, though....

Unless the rules have changed....did the rules change?

I just typed the word shit, and it said shit, not ****. I changed it manually... Y'all better not be giving out demerit points for this, though....

Shit is no longer censored. You can type shit without consequence. You do not have to star out shit(though you can if you want to). The profanity filter does ****ing work, and please continue to use the same procedure as before, just type out the words and let the filter do its job. As long as you do that, there will be no infraction issued.

Hooo SHIIIIIIT, I'm gonna abuse the shit out of that shitting word, for shit's sakes.

Thanks for the clarification, just trying to be a blessing.... ;)

“Free at last, Free at last, Thank God almighty we are free at last.”

(at least when it comes to saying shit)

lol...you're gonna have to downgrade the swear filter a little more to get to that point.

You all are going to awake the knights of standards and practices. I wouldn't mess around with that shit.

You all are going to awake the knights of standards and practices. I wouldn't mess around with that shit.

lmao...I don't give a shit about those Karens... ;) lol

main-qimg-b4fd0b375ca1abe7f587a4053e212e74

Shit is no longer censored. You can type shit without consequence. You do not have to star out shit(though you can if you want to). The profanity filter does ****ing work, and please continue to use the same procedure as before, just type out the words and let the filter do its job. As long as you do that, there will be no infraction issued.
Just out of curiosity, is there a reason for that? I assume someone made a deliberate choice.

I can't believe this. Certainly the new software is able to star out words like shit because it does filter one other four-letter word I tested.

Now moderators are encouraging people to use profanity instead of the politically correct word for it, which is crap.

Back
Top Bottom