• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Proof in New Black Panther Case: Official

The Dane

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
A Bush appointee to the U.S. Commission on Civil Rights denounced allegations by some pundits that the Justice Department is refusing to pursue a voting rights case against members of the New Black Panther Party because of race, and suggested that the charges being made by right-wing figures are politically motivated.

No Proof in New Black Panther Case: Official - Face The Nation - CBS News

Well looks like this is wrapped up.

But how about that conservative blogger editing the video of the black woman being "racist". Looks like the right wing propaganda is really pumping up their efforts for election season. Snakes in the grass.

And then there’s the “King’s” billy club, the one Shabazz was brandishing and slapping against his palm. Dr. Thernstrom tells readers this is not really what “armed” means in our civil-rights jurisprudence. Describing someone as “armed,” she insists, “suggests guns.” That simply is not true. And it would certainly come as news to the L.A. cops convicted of civil-rights violations for beating Rodney King with billy clubs. And I bet Abner Louima can rest easier now, too: NYPD officer Justin Volpe may have sodomized him with that wooden stick, but at least he wasn’t armed.

Yeah ****ing outrageous, "that negro could've committed sodomy or beaten some white man like Rodney King got beat." This fella is a little deep into this that his losing a little grip on reality. This is not evisceration this is emotional propaganda at its strongest.

Not for nothing, but I saw what I saw. Witness at the scene or not, who cares. If I saw those two black panther dudes at the polling station I would have walked right on through chanting McCain all the way, but that's just me. Many people would have been intimidated.. To say otherwise is simply lying.

Tim-

Not for nothing, but I saw what I saw. Witness at the scene or not, who cares. If I saw those two black panther dudes at the polling station I would have walked right on through chanting McCain all the way, but that's just me. Many people would have been intimidated.. To say otherwise is simply lying.

Tim-

Absolutely!

If these were KKK members in full Nazi uniform brandishing billy clubs in say, Mississippi, then is there anyone here that would say with a straight face that intimidation wasn't the aim, or that they shouldn't be prosecuted?

j-mac

Absolutely!

If these were KKK members in full Nazi uniform brandishing billy clubs in say, Mississippi, then is there anyone here that would say with a straight face that intimidation wasn't the aim, or that they shouldn't be prosecuted?

j-mac
Well it going to be sad to see next election cycle, this will probably go down some where here in the U.S. and the DOJ will not have a case.

Well it going to be sad to see next election cycle, this will probably go down some where here in the U.S. and the DOJ will not have a case.

God I hope not, but the precedent is set that's for sure.

j-mac

Jesus Christ. Its a most as if there are some neo-cons just foaming at the mouth to find black racists so they can Go "Hey! We can be racist again guys".

In some ways I hope it does! Not that I support the KKK, Gawd no, but I relish every opportunity to point out liberal hypocrisy.. :) It's just what i do.. :)

Tim-

Jesus Christ. Its a most as if there are some neo-cons just foaming at the mouth to find black racists so they can Go "Hey! We can be racist again guys".

Yeah that's it.. -OR- it could be the other thing.. :)

Tim-

The hell you say..... if 2 white guys stand outside a polling place this next election with a sign that says vote for the Republican guy, their ass is grass........ they will be charged and found guilty of voter intimidation and being armed at a polling place by this administration.

Before you declare it "wrapped up," you should probably consider some contrary views.

The Case Against the New Black Panthers - Andrew C. McCarthy - National Review Online

Pretty much eviscerates Thermstrom point-for-point, and within the same publication where she made her own statements from which your link draws. G'head. Read it. Carefully.

OK, we know where the National Review Online stands on this issue. What is important to me is where the prosecutor stands on this. So, where does the prosecutor stand?

I am afraid so, this ruling will breath life back into racism..IMO.

The hell you say..... if 2 white guys stand outside a polling place this next election with a sign that says vote for the Republican guy, their ass is grass........ they will be charged and found guilty of voter intimidation and being armed at a polling place by this administration.
Perhaps and then the case will go right to the federal courts and then countless lawsuits of charges of racism, the chaos that will insue will keep the left and right at each others throat for some time.

I would like to make my position on this matter clear though. These dumbass New Black Panther morons are against everything I stand for, and a civilized society aspires to be. They're bullies and imbeciles not worthy of getting off scot free for what they did on election day.

If specific laws were broken by them. I wanna see justice here.

The Philly Panthers are accused of racism?

Gee, I thought they were accused of voter intimidation.

The Philly Panthers are accused of racism?

Gee, I thought they were accused of voter intimidation.

That's not what the prosecutor is saying.

I'm curious what this trial is supposed to mean. In the worst case scenario, as a result of historical, cultural, and economic tensions that have at times strained black-white relations in the United States, a few black people somewhere in United States were racist/invested in Obama enough to organize and discourage white people who they perceived as hostile to their electoral interests from voting? It doesn't look like a pervasive or systematically executed occurrence, and white people still have too much power in this country for it to become one in the foreseeable future. Ideally, if they were guilty, evidence would be advanced that would justify a reasonable punishment, but even if that does not happen, it is hardly the most serious failure or miscarriage of justice to have occurred in recent years.

Last edited:
I'm curious what this trial is supposed to mean. In the worst case scenario, as a result of historical, cultural, and economic tensions that have at times strained black-white relations in the United States, a few black people somewhere in United States were racist/invested in Obama enough to organize and discourage white people who they perceived as hostile to their electoral interests from voting? It doesn't look like a pervasive or systematically executed occurrence, and white people still have too much power in this country for it to become one in the foreseeable future. Ideally, if they were guilty, evidence would be advanced that would justify a reasonable punishment, but even if that does not happen, it is hardly the most serious failure or miscarriage of justice to have occurred in recent years.
It doesn't matter anymore in regards to where the NBP stands or what they believe, it's all about the DOJ and they obivious biases, the match has been lit and regardless of the justifications that everyone is trying to put out, the people will come to their own conclusion by witnessing the video.

I would like to make my position on this matter clear though. These dumbass New Black Panther morons are against everything I stand for, and a civilized society aspires to be. They're bullies and imbeciles not worthy of getting off scot free for what they did on election day.

If specific laws were broken by them. I wanna see justice here.
I agree, I like to see very thing in green...and I do...Semper FI:D

Part in bold: That really depends on your way of thinking really.

I'm white, been poor all my life. When I was single with no kids I tried to get health insurance through welfare. I was denied. The lady that was handleing my case was upset about it too. Reason you may ask? Because as she told it to me a single woman, no kids, same age could get the insurance that I was asking for. Now sure thats not about racism but when it comes to race the differences in such things grow bigger. And it's more noticible to those of us who are poor and white. Especially when you're trying to get work. So while the whites might have all the power in the political sphere (as in amount of whites that are in high end government) I would have to say that the poor white man has less power than the poor black, brown, yellow, purple etc etc man.

So admittedly we look forward to other races being charged with racism because maybe, just maybe, it will start to actually even the scales of equality. Something that we supposedly have. We also get tired of the mantra that only the white man can be racist...something that I've heard ALOT from people of different color.

Samir Shabazz is as racist as they come and very dangerous. I am hoping he is at least on the FBI Terror Watch List as feel that he is a threat to our security.:(

Back
Top Bottom