• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No president in history have ever been treated this way by the media...

You choose to ignore the obvious-that the media has been non-stop Trump hate for four years.

Oh please, conservatives having complaining about the so called liberal media far so long, it just comes off as crying wolf now.

You guys just want Republican elites like Trump to immune criticism, you don't give a damn actual good reporting.

Republican media elites like Rush Limbaugh used the liberal media theory to prop up the Iraq War when it was going south and now he flip flopped it:

There is no reason to take conservative complaints about the media seriously, when you guys will never hold conservative elites like Rush Limbaugh accountable for anything.

Oh please, conservatives having complaining about the so called liberal media far so long, it just comes off as crying wolf now.

You guys just want Republican elites like Trump to immune criticism, you don't give a damn actual good reporting.

Republican media elites like Rush Limbaugh used the liberal media theory to prop up the Iraq War when it was going south and now he flip flopped it:

There is no reason to take conservative complaints about the media seriously, when you guys will never hold conservative elites like Rush Limbaugh accountable for anything.
this is what we call studied ignorance of reality. The right has Rush, the left has ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC

this is what we call studied ignorance of reality. The right has Rush, the left has ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC

Not according to Noam Chomsky's media theory:

A blatant bald face bright and shining lie

Really, how many conservative media figures are investigative journalists, and how many are infotainers?

Not according to Noam Chomsky's media theory:

Really, how many conservative media figures are investigative journalists, and how many are infotainers?

Seriously, now there is an objective source

Can you prove he is incorrect?
That is called arguing by proxy. You need to prove he is correct and I doubt you can. If you want to pretend that MSNBC or CNN or NBC, ABC or CBS are not left=biased, go ahead.

That is called arguing by proxy. You need to prove he is correct and I doubt you can. If you want to pretend that MSNBC or CNN or NBC, ABC or CBS are not left=biased, go ahead.

So are interested in actual factual reporting, no matter where it goes or do you just want to protect Republican elites like Trump? Did you think it was okay for Rush to use the liberal media theory to prop up the Iraq War? When he was proven wrong, should he have taken responsibility for it? Also if the media is so liberal, why were they all in the tank for the Iraq War in 2003?

You can at least study a theory before you deem it incorrect. You are suffering from bias confirmation and used an ad hominem attack rather than actually refuting his media theory, that is you seem to do, pivot, and deflect.

If CNN is so left-wing, why doesn't Chomsky have a show on CNN? How often does the mainstream media have Chomsky on? Did CNN give a lot of good coverage to Bernie Sanders during the primary?

Will Washington Post ever print anything bad about Amazon and Bezos?

Also conservaitves use the liberal media theory to cover for the fact that they have been wrong about everything in the last 20 years:

They were wrong about Iraq war:

Wrong about gay marriage:

Wrong about Covid-19:

You guys are wrong about everything and then get mad when people point out what failure your ideology has been and say that is bias. Guess what reality is biased, your side has been wrong about almost everything and you think it's unfair when someone points that out to you.

Sorry, facts don't care about your feelings, it's my fault or the media's fault, you guys are wrong all the time.

So are interested in actual factual reporting, no matter where it goes or do you just want to protect Republican elites like Trump? Did you think it was okay for Rush to use the liberal media theory to prop up the Iraq War? When he was proven wrong, should he have taken responsibility for it? Also if the media is so liberal, why were they all in the tank for the Iraq War in 2003?

You can at least study a theory before you deem it incorrect. You are suffering from bias confirmation and used an ad hominem attack rather than actually refuting his media theory, that is you seem to do, pivot, and deflect.

If CNN is so left-wing, why doesn't Chomsky have a show on CNN? How often does the mainstream media have Chomsky on? Did CNN give a lot of good coverage to Bernie Sanders during the primary?

Will Washington Post ever print anything bad about Amazon and Bezos?

Also conservaitves use the liberal media theory to cover for the fact that they have been wrong about everything in the last 20 years:

They were wrong about Iraq war:

Wrong about gay marriage:

Wrong about Covid-19:

You guys are wrong about everything and then get mad when people point out what failure your ideology has been and say that is bias. Guess what reality is biased, your side has been wrong about almost everything and you think it's unfair when someone points that out to you.

Sorry, facts don't care about your feelings, it's my fault or the media's fault, you guys are wrong all the time.
that is hardly convincing. Try this though its a bit dated

e Groseclose-Milyo study shows the media are skewed substantially to the left of the typical member of Congress. Thus, if the opinions of viewers and readers are similar to those of their representatives, the media slant is far to the left of that of most of their customers.

No, , that isn’t breaking news. But bias is worse today than it’s been in quite some time — certainly more blatant than when “Bias” was published. And the downward spiral started in earnest on Election Day 2016.

In the age of Trump, the media no longer try to hide biases; they embrace them. The so-called mainstream media have joined “The Resistance.” And the worst part is that they’re not troubled by it.

that is hardly convincing. Try this though its a bit dated

Not convincing to who? You? The guy who parrots NRA talking points? You have not refuted anything I posted and I don't trust your judgment at all.

e Groseclose-Milyo study shows the media are skewed substantially to the left of the typical member of Congress. Thus, if the opinions of viewers and readers are similar to those of their representatives, the media slant is far to the left of that of most of their customers.

No, , that isn’t breaking news. But bias is worse today than it’s been in quite some time — certainly more blatant than when “Bias” was published. And the downward spiral started in earnest on Election Day 2016.

In the age of Trump, the media no longer try to hide biases; they embrace them. The so-called mainstream media have joined “The Resistance.” And the worst part is that they’re not troubled by it.

You starting off complaining about talk shows, that makes you seem really thin-skinned on this issue.

Except you guys never take personal responsibility for anything you do, it's always the media's fault, nothing is ever the fault of conservatives like Trump, personal responsibility need not apply to him.

You are just recycling the lying press argument Hitler made in the 1920s, nothing was ever his fault, the media was just lying about him, he would claim the media was lying about him:

What is the difference between your theory and Hitler's Lügenpresse theory?

Not convincing to who? You? The guy who parrots NRA talking points? You have not refuted anything I posted and I don't trust your judgment at all.

You starting off complaining about talk shows, that makes you seem really thin-skinned on this issue.

Except you guys never take personal responsibility for anything you do, it's always the media's fault, nothing is ever the fault of conservatives like Trump, personal responsibility need not apply to him.

You are just recycling the lying press argument Hitler made in the 1920s, nothing was ever his fault, the media was just lying about him, he would claim the media was lying about him:

What is the difference between your theory and Hitler's Lügenpresse theory?

GODWIN WINNER

GODWIN WINNER

Godwin's law is dead, the Unite the Right Rally killed it.

The fact is, you are just using the Lügenpress argument, now that does not you a Nazi, but that does make you look like an authoritarian who doesn't want an actual independent media, you just want something that is just a cheerleader for Trump and a lot of authoritarians attacks the press.

Your attacks on the media are right out of the authoritarian playbook. Other authoritarians are using it, you are helping them:

Another supposed small-government libertarian using authoritarian tactics, as usual, your small government ideology only applies to people you like, not anyone else.

I am saying conservatives have no interest in hard news and just want infotainment.

You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. Those of us on the right want the facts first and political opinion and perspective second.

It used to be that you could tune into one of the nightly news programs and even though nearly all of them had a left leaning bias, you could trust that they were not lying to you. Then if a particular story with political implications grabbed your attention, you could tune into one of the prime-time political opinion shows to learn more detail and see what both sides of the isle have to say about it. We've now reached a point where there is only one nightly news program that I have any trust in at all, and that's Special Report on Fox News. Since I don't own a TV, and don't see any news programs at all, I have to turn to YouTube now and again and hope I can find a recorded version of Special Report or I'm SOL.

What you get from ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, the NY Times, Washington Post and NPR, that's your infotainment... because it sure as hell isn't hard news anymore.

You couldn't be any more wrong if you tried. Those of us on the right want the facts first and political opinion and perspective second.

It used to be that you could tune into one of the nightly news programs and even though nearly all of them had a left leaning bias, you could trust that they were not lying to you. Then if a particular story with political implications grabbed your attention, you could tune into one of the prime-time political opinion shows to learn more detail and see what both sides of the isle have to say about it. We've now reached a point where there is only one nightly news program that I have any trust in at all, and that's Special Report on Fox News. Since I don't own a TV, and don't see any news programs at all, I have to turn to YouTube now and again and hope I can find a recorded version of Special Report or I'm SOL.

What you get from ABC, NBC, CBS, CNN, MSNBC, the NY Times, Washington Post and NPR, that's your infotainment... because it sure as hell isn't hard news anymore.

Okay, then how many conservatives are actual hard news journalists and how many are infotainment stars like Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Rush Limbaugh etc?

Okay, then how many conservatives are actual hard news journalists and how many are infotainment stars like Sean Hannity, Tucker Carlson, Rush Limbaugh etc?

Absolutely irrelevant.

Parts of America's media sector have become panthologically partisan to either pole of the American political spectrum. Some parts of the media excoriated President Obama (Fox, talk radio) and other parts excoriated President Trump (MSNBC, CNN and establishment newspapers). This is what happens when you repeal the laws requiring the application of the fairness doctrine in public discourse. It's pathetic on both sides and it's profoundly unhealthy for American politics, which must ultimately be based on common ground and compromise rather than the imposition of one ideology forcefully over another. That latter path is the road to authoritarian despotism and tyranny.

That said, President Trump is a wilfully ignorant, impulsive, egocentric and dangerous man who in my opinion is wholly unfit to hold the highest executive office in America. Mr. Obama was fit to fill this office, even if you didn't like his politics or skin colour.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

You’d have to be a complete ****ing moron to think negative coverage of Obama was anywhere near as prevalent as what Trump has gotten.

The insane unqualified orange president has been criticized more than the intelligent and classy one? That must be media bias!

Its amazing how many people suffer from selective listening and only hear what they want to hear.
Here is relivant part of the transcript with parts bolded by me for emphasis.

Read the bold part and tell me how its not clear that he did not say what you think he said?
You are basically asking them to torture themselves in reading that.

Trump's an immoral fraudulent con man. Those are facts.
Every anti-trump poster online is morally bankrupt and not to be trusted. Those are facts.

Good luck being bitten in the ass by your own rules.

I dont think the media has flat out lied about either of them. The media are professional liars who know how to leave themselves an escape route when they get caught.
Actually CNN was forced to remove some of their own people for running direct lies about Trump.

It looks like right wing media was disparaging former President Obama. Today, left wing media puts down President Trump. Only one bitched about it.
The problem is the left wing press manages to slip by on the claim that they are the “mainstream press”

and the controversies involving Trump are outright lies, whereas for every good faith argument against Obama the media lied on his behalf.

Bob punches 5 people in a bar brawl.

Joe kills 100 people over five different mass shootings.

Trumpists: OMG, so unfair, the media keeps running coverage about Joe. WHY AREN'T THEY REPORTING ON BOB!?

Seriously, people, fairness doesn't mean ignoring what a politician does and then making sure you report just as many bad and good things as you did regarding the last person in that politician's position.
This whines are so stupid, and so were/are/will be all your stupid lies about Obama.

There is plenty you could criticize him for, but you never seem to stick to what he actually did.
Actually that’s exactly what fairness means.

About the only one of several and Fox is getting more and more leftwing
Translation: FOX NEWS is running out of excuses to defend Trump's shoddy administration, and his horrible mishandling of the COVID epidemic.

Back
Top Bottom