• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Prayer November

For others November is "No Shave November," the month in which you do not shave for an entire month. It's generally associated with fundraising for men's health issues like prostate cancer. Unfortunately I'm not much of a fan of facial hair, nor am I very much willing to give to cancer charities as opposed to charities associated with underfunded diseases. Furthermore it seems to be a rather "laid back" campaign whereby you don't DO much outside of letting your facial hair grow.

So in the past two day, for some odd reason, this has been made analogous in my head to prayer. I don't know if it's something that I saw on reddit or a news site, or what the heck it was, but it's the contrast of DOING something vs NOT DOING something. Making actual improvements in your life, as opposed to doing something that's silly. Whatever. It sounds catchy. Thus this month I've decided to DO something to help improve my life, my mental and physical health, by setting several goals in November. I've created them not to be pie-in-the-sky hopes, but things that I can actually accomplish if I don't let myself slack. During the middle of the month, and at the end of the month, I'll post a comment update of how successful I was at accomplishing them.

1) Hit the gym 14 times this month.
2) No alcohol Sunday - Thursday. Including Thanksgiving.
3) Floss daily. (As I am terrible at this.)
4) 720 minutes of language learning.

Here's to November.

Good luck man! Hope your plans all go well. :)

I celebrate No Shave November by trading my razor in for a lighter. I have come to affectionately refer to this time of the year as "Burnsgiving".

We "don't do much??" Come on. The point of the whole thing (aside from having a little fun) is to raise money. And we do.

Back
Top Bottom