• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No peace deal today at the Belarus border

trixare4kids

Trix has reentered the building.
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Just now....

Earlier today..
Ukrainian delegations have arrived on the border of Belarus for crunch talks with Moscow, as Russia’s invasion of Ukraine enters its fifth day.

Ukrainian president Volodymyr Zelensky had earlier rejected an offer of talks in Belarus, saying the Russian ally had been a launchpad for the invasion of his country.

He said the country was ready for peace talks with Moscow, but wanted to meet in a different location due to Belarus’s involvement in the conflict.

Ukraine: Leave our country!
Russia: Unconditional surrender!

So pretty clear it wouldn't go anywhere.

Peace talks while Russia bombs the hell out of Kiev and Kharkov.
Killing innocent civilians and just destroying many lives. They asked for a ceasefire but Russia would not agree. :mad:

1646068922283.png
Peace talks in Belarus.

Just now....

Earlier today..

Do like the Vatican when they are electing a Pope: lock 'em in until they come to an agreement. Feed 'em MRE's to remind them what they're there for.

Seriously, I didn't expect much. I guess the sanctions aren't as bad as they sound.

Zelenskyy cannot barter away any of the things that belong to all the Ukrainian people such as Crimea, their land, and their freedom.

Ukraine seeking EU and NATO membership is written in Ukraine's constitution.

What is there to negotiate, russia, get the **** out. What else is there to discuss?

Do like the Vatican when they are electing a Pope: lock 'em in until they come to an agreement. Feed 'em MRE's to remind them what they're there for.

Seriously, I didn't expect much. I guess the sanctions aren't as bad as they sound.

The sanctions are really bad. Putin will never survive this. Neither will the ruble. https://www.chron.com/news/nation-w...eads-for-declines-as-Ruble-dives-16952943.php

I didn't expect much here either, but it does show that Ukraine is striving for a peaceful solution. Zelensky is doing a great job. He is now being compared to Winston Churchill. "Never, never, never give up."-- Putin underestimated Ukraine's determination under the brilliant leadership of Ukraine's president.

The people of Russia, the oligarchs, and Putin's generals need resolve to rise up and take this nuke brandishing lunatic out.

The sanctions are really bad. Putin will never survive this. Neither will the ruble. https://www.chron.com/news/nation-w...eads-for-declines-as-Ruble-dives-16952943.php

I didn't expect much here either, but it does show that Ukraine is striving for a peaceful solution. Zelensky is doing a great job. He is now being compared to Winston Churchill. "Never, never, never give up."-- Putin underestimated Ukraine's determination under the brilliant leadership of Ukraine's president.

The people of Russia, the oligarchs, and Putin's generals need resolve to rise up and take this nuke brandishing lunatic out.

Where I Zelensky I'd been willing to agree to never join NATO and be militarily neutral, as well as formally accept the areas occupied by the separatists prior to the invasion, as well as Crimea, as no longer Ukrainian - the advantage to Russia meaning the Ukraine would have to reconnect Crimea's severed electrical grid and water supply to Ukraine.

But absent a clear and convincing stalemate and relentless economic damage, Putin won't accept it. At the very least he wishes to turn Ukraine into a Belorussia, a place to state Russian conventional and nuclear forces near NATO, and to dictate to Ukraine who will represent and run Ukraine and what kind of economic system and relationships they must have.

Hence, compromise with Putin won't achieve peace.

At this point Ukraine needs breathing room. Time to replenish its air force, time to beg, borrow, or steal cruise missiles, time to hope that the West does more (e.g. provide them tanks and provide "volunteers").

Peace talks while Russia bombs the hell out of Kiev and Kharkov.
Killing innocent civilians and just destroying many lives. They asked for a ceasefire but Russia would not agree. :mad:
Putzin needs his fill of blood-spilling, so of course he wouldn't agree to a ceasefire.

Where I Zelensky I'd been willing to agree to never join NATO and be militarily neutral, as well as formally accept the areas occupied by the separatists prior to the invasion, as well as Crimea, as no longer Ukrainian

And you wouldn't live a month with such a sell out.

Putzin needs his fill of blood-spilling, so of course he wouldn't agree to a ceasefire.

Yes, that is his history:

Revealed: Russia's worst war crime in Chechnya

Sun 5 Mar 2000 17.35 EST

Vladimir Putin is the new hero of Russian democracy, courted by Western leaders. He is also responsible for one of the most savage atrocities since the Second World War. John Sweeney is the first journalist to reach the devastated village of Katyr Yurt, where 363 people were slaughtered by Russian forces.

Her face burnt almost beyond recognition, she lies prone on her hospital bed and tells in a child's whispers of the day her mother, father, her two brothers, her sister and her cousin - among 363 people from the same village - were wiped out.
At eight years old, Taisa Abakarova is an eyewitness to the worst war crime in the savage campaign of Russia's acting President, Vladimir Putin, against the 'terrorist fighters' of Chechnya.

The village of Katyr Yurt, 'safe' in the Russian-occupied zone, far from the war's front line, and jam-packed with refugees, was untouched on the morning of 4 February when Russian aircraft, helicopters, fuel-air bombs and Grad missiles pulverised the village. They paused in the bombing at 3pm, shipped buses in, and allowed a white-flag convoy to leave - and then they bombed that as well, killing Taisa's family and many others.
Advertisement

The Observer , in a joint investigation with Channel 4's Dispatches , went to Katyr Yurt and saw what was left: a landscape as if from the Somme, streets smashed to matchwood, trees shredded, blood-stained cellars, the survivors in a frenzy of fear. The village was littered with the remains of Russian 'vacuum' bombs - fuel-air explosives that can suck your lungs inside out, their use against civilians banned by the Geneva Convention.

Read the article. It's very, very, sickening.

Yes, that is his history:

Read the article. It's very, very, sickening.
Yeah...i don't think so. I read a Fox News article that had a military expert say in a nutshell that if push came to shove, Putzin would lay waste all of Kiev if need be to install his puppet gov't.

Back
Top Bottom