• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Party Platform for Republicans in 2020. Do you agree?

What do you think about the new Republican platform

• I approve of there being no party platform

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • I don't approve of there being no party platform

Votes: 10 83.3%

• Total voters
That is not hardly the point. To have the audacity to not even present a 2020 platform and instead present their list of resolutions is not only politically arrogant but politically absurd as well. They have exposed themselves as no longer a Political Party. Instead they are a cult of personality. You don't even have to read between the lines of that list of resolutions. They are flat out telling you, proudly proclaiming their cult of personality. If there was any doubt before last night, there is no longer any doubt now.

So, for those that think they might want to vote for a second term of Trump, don't kid yourselves, you are voting for the cultists cult leader. If you are fine with that.....I can't stop you. Just don't kid yourself that you are voting for governance or even a recognizable political agenda. You are voting for a cult.

Be that as it may, but how many voters will be up in arms or change their vote from Trump to Biden because the Republican Party didn't present or draw up a platform? Hardly none. 99% of the people don't care or perhaps is it only democrats that care? Outside of the very political active, I'd wager 90% of all Americans don't even know what a platform is.

Besides, we all know how Trump will govern. We had four years of him. I think we all know relatively close how Biden will govern. All without a platform. I knew who I wasn't voting for this year back in the middle of 2015. Granted, I didn't know who I would vote for this year until Super Tuesday. It was a question whether I'd vote third party again or not. I didn't need a platform to help me decide how'll I would vote. Again, I'd say 99 plus percent of all Americans don't need a platform either.

Sure, it's a break in tradition. But a tradition that has become meaningless to most Americans. If RCP is right or even close to being right, 92% of all Americans have decided who they would support and did so long before the conventions or any platform. Subject to change, of course. As these numbers are dynamic.

RealClearPolitics - Election 2020 - General Election: Trump vs. Biden

Actually, out of that 8%, 4% say they'll vote third party leaving only 4% who as of now are undecided. So that 96% of all Americans who have a preference today. Trump, Biden, third party. I would wager than none in that last 4% even know what a platform is, let along will read it, them to help them decide their vote.

In essence, what you are telling me is that we should never expect people to do what they say they are going to do. That words and statements are useless, right?

Wow, what a way to run a country...............hope for the best but expect nothing and do nothing to make it happen!

How many campaign promises are actually kept? Very darn few. I suppose there are plenty of reasons why besides telling the people what you think they want to hear. Many campaign promises can't be accomplished unless congress goes along with what the president proposes. That is never mentioned during the campaign. You always hear, "I will do this or do that if elected," You don't hear the truth, "I will do this or do that if congress goes along with what I promise and passes the legislation." The later is true, the former is a want, maybe. Maybe a want that will be forgotten once one takes office. Maybe a want that congress will refuse to pass.

I don't trust politicians one iota. They say a ton of stuff that are down right lies and half truths and other stuff taken completely out of context. Lying SOB's. I'd trust a used car salesman to tell me the truth more than a politician running for office. They play to the crowd, that's all. Now I do observe and grade office holders by their actions, but pay no attention to their rhetoric. What they do is much more important than what they say.

Platforms are meaningless, no one reads them, the media doesn't really cover them, just a relic of the past which really didn't mean anything even back then.

How many campaign promises are actually kept? Very darn few. I suppose there are plenty of reasons why besides telling the people what you think they want to hear. Many campaign promises can't be accomplished unless congress goes along with what the president proposes. That is never mentioned during the campaign. You always hear, "I will do this or do that if elected," You don't hear the truth, "I will do this or do that if congress goes along with what I promise and passes the legislation." The later is true, the former is a want, maybe. Maybe a want that will be forgotten once one takes office. Maybe a want that congress will refuse to pass.

I don't trust politicians one iota. They say a ton of stuff that are down right lies and half truths and other stuff taken completely out of context. Lying SOB's. I'd trust a used car salesman to tell me the truth more than a politician running for office. They play to the crowd, that's all. Now I do observe and grade office holders by their actions, but pay no attention to their rhetoric. What they do is much more important than what they say.

Platforms are meaningless, no one reads them, the media doesn't really cover them, just a relic of the past which really didn't mean anything even back then.

Like I said before

In essence, what you are telling me is that we should never expect people to do what they say they are going to do. That words and statements are useless, right?

Wow, what a way to run a country...............hope for the best but expect nothing and do nothing to make it happen!

Why are you even on a debate board? What do you expect to accomplish given that anyone and everyone can and will do whatever they want and no accountability is ever expected?

Here is the official platform for 2020. You tell me if it is the same as in 2016

https://www.debatepolitics.com/general-political-discussion/415888-no-party-platform-republicans-2020-do-you-agree-2.html#post1072509884

Here is the one for 2016

https://prod-cdn-static.gop.com/media/documents/DRAFT_12_FINAL%5B1%5D-ben_1468872234.pdf

They are nowhere near the same. They could have copied the one from 2016 and named it 2020 but they didn't. 95% of the 2016 platform is gone and what is there that wasn't in 2016, is the stated support for everything Trump himself does. It is a statement of blind support for Trump and not for anything else.

Your first link goes nowhere. However in the article i linked is the resolution they passed which literally includes the 2016 platform.

RESOLVED, That the Republican Party has and will continue to enthusiastically support the
President’s America-first agenda;
RESOLVED, That the 2020 Republican National Convention will adjourn without adopting a
new platform until the 2024 Republican National Convention;

Then follows the 2016 platform.

Your first link goes nowhere. However in the article i linked is the resolution they passed which literally includes the 2016 platform.

Then follows the 2016 platform.

Did you read the 2016 platform?

What you posted here is exactly my point. It talks about supporting Trump and not about supporting a Republican agenda.

Like I said before

Why are you even on a debate board? What do you expect to accomplish given that anyone and everyone can and will do whatever they want and no accountability is ever expected?

I watch and observe. I don't believe in only rhetoric, but believe in actions. It seems to me that most folks here believe in rhetoric only and not actions. Open your eyes, close your ears and just watch. That is all I ask.

I watch and observe. I don't believe in only rhetoric, but believe in actions. It seems to me that most folks here believe in rhetoric only and not actions. Open your eyes, close your ears and just watch. That is all I ask.

Just watch and observe, eh? Just a critic then, right?

Well, first of all everyone needs a plan and after a plan is ideated, they need help in implementing it (as far as running a nation is concerned because it cannot be done alone). The idea needs to be put into writing so that those that are following you know what to do by knowing the plan. In addition, you need to get people that agree with the game plan so they are willing to follow it with you. That requires that is be put into writing and official because if it isn't, then it is open to misrepresentation "I thought I was doing what you wanted me to do, much like Sessions did)

The reason for doing this?

So that everyone involved can tell if the plan is being followed and get rid of those that do not follow it as those that don't believe in the plan will more likely ruin it than make it work.

Yes, there is rhetoric but only by having a written plan can anyone ever tell if it is rhetoric or not.

As far as close your ears and just watch, that is ridiculous. Everyone needs to be accountable for what they promise and is promises are all BS and pure rhetoric, you now have grounds to get rid of the person that is doing the plans and get someone else that can get it done. If nothing is written down, who can tell if things are being done or not? Who can tell who is following the plan or not.

No, the answer is not to watch because that means you are not part of the plan. That you are a stooge, a mark, a person that won't do anything other than complain but not have any ability to judge.

Like in court when a criminal is to be found guilty or not, you need proof of his guilt and that proof has to be without any doubt. How can anyone be judged if there is nothing that can be used as evidence?

These posts of yours do not talk well of you. You are not a doer but simply a victim and not only a victim but a willing victim. One that is part of the problem.

Ever since I can remember, both parties have put out a party platform when an election is coming. A party platform explains in detail that the party is all about, what the goals are, and what important issues are supported and sought.

This year, the Republicans did not put out a platform other than "Support Trump".

As such, the platform is what Trump wants it to be. If he changes his mind on abortion, the Republicans will support it. If he changes his mind on fiscal responsibility, his supporters will support him. If he changes his mind on free individuals in a free society, his followers will support him, if he changes his mind on women's rights, his supporter will support him, if he changes his mind on veterans, on the inalienable rights, his supporters will support him. This is the first time ever where the Republican Party is no long Republican but Trumpian, supporting one man and not any principles other than what that one man wants.

Here are some of the party platforms from the past.

What do you think about this?

Are you in agreement with no party platform? Do you think this is a good or bad thing? will it make Trump win or lose the 2020 election?

I don't know if I approve or disapprove of the Trumpublicans not having a "Platform". It seems to me they do have a one plank platform; FEAR!

I don't know if I approve or disapprove of the Trumpublicans not having a "Platform". It seems to me they do have a one plank platform; FEAR!

Yeah, that is true but the fact is that there are over 100 million registered Republicans and they are all supposed to stand for Republican goals. What are those goals in 2020? A platform is needed so that the own Republicans can judge whether the leaders are doing what the electorate wants or not. Otherwise, it becomes a party that represents nothing, just power to do anything they want. "I am in power, you have to bend over for me and you can't complain. I want to pleasure myself and there is nothing you can do about it!"

Yeah, that is true but the fact is that there are over 100 million registered Republicans and they are all supposed to stand for Republican goals. What are those goals in 2020? A platform is needed so that the own Republicans can judge whether the leaders are doing what the electorate wants or not. Otherwise, it becomes a party that represents nothing, just power to do anything they want. "I am in power, you have to bend over for me and you can't complain. I want to pleasure myself and there is nothing you can do about it!"

Trump is as close to a "nothing" as it gets. But he's a uranium atom about to be split and destroy OUR Nation and everything it stands for.

Just watch and observe, eh? Just a critic then, right?

Well, first of all everyone needs a plan and after a plan is ideated, they need help in implementing it (as far as running a nation is concerned because it cannot be done alone). The idea needs to be put into writing so that those that are following you know what to do by knowing the plan. In addition, you need to get people that agree with the game plan so they are willing to follow it with you. That requires that is be put into writing and official because if it isn't, then it is open to misrepresentation "I thought I was doing what you wanted me to do, much like Sessions did)

The reason for doing this?

So that everyone involved can tell if the plan is being followed and get rid of those that do not follow it as those that don't believe in the plan will more likely ruin it than make it work.

Yes, there is rhetoric but only by having a written plan can anyone ever tell if it is rhetoric or not.

As far as close your ears and just watch, that is ridiculous. Everyone needs to be accountable for what they promise and is promises are all BS and pure rhetoric, you now have grounds to get rid of the person that is doing the plans and get someone else that can get it done. If nothing is written down, who can tell if things are being done or not? Who can tell who is following the plan or not.

No, the answer is not to watch because that means you are not part of the plan. That you are a stooge, a mark, a person that won't do anything other than complain but not have any ability to judge.

Like in court when a criminal is to be found guilty or not, you need proof of his guilt and that proof has to be without any doubt. How can anyone be judged if there is nothing that can be used as evidence?

These posts of yours do not talk well of you. You are not a doer but simply a victim and not only a victim but a willing victim. One that is part of the problem.

Why? Because I don't think like you? Actions speak louder than words, at least in my world. Perhaps not in yours. If you're a Trump supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable. If you're a Biden supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable either. Whichever one you support you'll heap praise on and condemn the other. The same goes for our two major parties.

There's very few free minded thinkers out there. Way too many who only go by the D or the R and nothing else. Truth is if you're a supporter of one party and their candidate, if they do wrong, if they don't do what they said, you're not about to vote against them in the next election, you're going to continue to vote for them. Is that holding them accountable? No, I suppose that is just being a loyal, mindless robot party member.

Now independents, swing voters do hold elected officials accountable. They'll switch back and forth depending on how good a job they're doing. They helped elect Democrats to the House for 40 straight years, then in 1994 they said, okay guys, you blew it. They elected Republicans for the next 12 years. Then once again the actions of the Republicans didn't warrant reelection, so they gave the House back to the Democrats. Now do a good job. But their actions went against what independents and America as a whole wanted, so the swing voters returned the GOP to control of the House in 2010. Not liking what the GOP was doing, mostly nothing, 2018 they swung back to the Democrats. Now that is holding elected official accountable. Platform or no platform, Rhetoric or no Rhetoric, actions.

Or you could be like 60% of America and continue just to vote party saying you're holding our elected official accountable when in reality, you're not. You're just playing the party line game. Come and join us, the swing voters, actually hold those in power accountable by being willing to switch your vote between parties and kick out those, regardless of party who you think aren't doing the job and keep the one's in that are. Become a free thinker, throw the mindless robot and meaningless rhetoric aside. Go by actions, not party label or rhetoric.

Your first link goes nowhere. However in the article i linked is the resolution they passed which literally includes the 2016 platform. Then follows the 2016 platform.
That inclusion of the 2016 RNC platform includes the changes by Felon Manafort to help Russia.

It's no different than what's been happening. His supporters will support him no matter what he's gonna' get thirty five percent of the vote. It's all the others he needs to worry about. When you had no agenda for your first term other than the tax cut for corporate america and the super wealthy, why not have a repeat?

You seem uniformed. Let me help you out.

One-Hundred-Twenty-Five Amazing Accomplishments of President Donald J. Trump.

One-Hundred-Twenty-Five Amazing Accomplishments of President Donald J. Trump – Frank Report | Investigative Journalism From Frank Parlato

I think your last paragraph is an overstatement of your otherwise excellent case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why? Because I don't think like you? Actions speak louder than words, at least in my world. Perhaps not in yours. If you're a Trump supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable. If you're a Biden supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable either. Whichever one you support you'll heap praise on and condemn the other. The same goes for our two major parties.

There's very few free minded thinkers out there. Way too many who only go by the D or the R and nothing else. Truth is if you're a supporter of one party and their candidate, if they do wrong, if they don't do what they said, you're not about to vote against them in the next election, you're going to continue to vote for them. Is that holding them accountable? No, I suppose that is just being a loyal, mindless robot party member.

Now independents, swing voters do hold elected officials accountable. They'll switch back and forth depending on how good a job they're doing. They helped elect Democrats to the House for 40 straight years, then in 1994 they said, okay guys, you blew it. They elected Republicans for the next 12 years. Then once again the actions of the Republicans didn't warrant reelection, so they gave the House back to the Democrats. Now do a good job. But their actions went against what independents and America as a whole wanted, so the swing voters returned the GOP to control of the House in 2010. Not liking what the GOP was doing, mostly nothing, 2018 they swung back to the Democrats. Now that is holding elected official accountable. Platform or no platform, Rhetoric or no Rhetoric, actions.

Or you could be like 60% of America and continue just to vote party saying you're holding our elected official accountable when in reality, you're not. You're just playing the party line game. Come and join us, the swing voters, actually hold those in power accountable by being willing to switch your vote between parties and kick out those, regardless of party who you think aren't doing the job and keep the one's in that are. Become a free thinker, throw the mindless robot and meaningless rhetoric aside. Go by actions, not party label or rhetoric.

I did not read past your first paragraph because when you base your first comment on a fallacy, everything thereafter is a fallacy.

You said "If you're a Trump supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable. If you're a Biden supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable either. Whichever one you support you'll heap praise on and condemn the other. The same goes for our two major parties."

Wrong! I hold everyone responsible and accountable for what they say. Nonetheless, I also understand that no one is perfect so everyone is going to say some lies, make some mistakes, and not do what they say. It is normal for any human being.

The thing that is important in life is to have a balance and if the person has more good things that bad, you go with that person and if the person has more things than bad, you get rid of that person. This is the only way to be able to judge the person. If you look, you can always find something bad and something good in everyone, though in the case of Trump I have had trouble finding "anything" good in him.

I am not blind to anyone. I do not support Biden blindly. I expect him to try to do what he says and that I agree with but if he does not accomplish it, I will criticize. Nonetheless, as long as he is moving us forward, I will support him. If he starts to move us backward, I will stop supporting him. More good or more bad as seen from the line drawn is what I seek. That is humanity. If you expect perfection from anyone, you will always be disappointed.

I think your last paragraph is an overstatement of your otherwise excellent case.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Party platforms are/were a tradition going back as far as I can remember. But I have yet to run into anyone who actually sat down and read one. The news media would read some highlights of the platform or report on a floor fight over the platform, I remember that. But we're talking 30-40 years in the past.

Yes, what the platform was what a party believed in and what they would be trying to do. What a party stood for. These days, I think we all know without having to read a platform to tell us. Being no one pays any attention to them, I don't think they're needed anymore.

Conventions also seem a relic of the past. Prior to the advent of the modern primary system in 1976, conventions would decide who would be the party's nominee and choose the VP candidate. These days, those things are already decided. I think 1956 was the last time a VP candidate was chosen at a convention, Estes Kefauver beat out JFK on the third ballot. 1952 was the last time, both parties that it took more than the first ballot to nominate a presidential candidate. Today, everything is sown up tight before the conventions begin. They've become a party's political propaganda shows.

I did not read past your first paragraph because when you base your first comment on a fallacy, everything thereafter is a fallacy.

You said "If you're a Trump supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable. If you're a Biden supporter, you're not going to hold him accountable either. Whichever one you support you'll heap praise on and condemn the other. The same goes for our two major parties."

Wrong! I hold everyone responsible and accountable for what they say. Nonetheless, I also understand that no one is perfect so everyone is going to say some lies, make some mistakes, and not do what they say. It is normal for any human being.

The thing that is important in life is to have a balance and if the person has more good things that bad, you go with that person and if the person has more things than bad, you get rid of that person. This is the only way to be able to judge the person. If you look, you can always find something bad and something good in everyone, though in the case of Trump I have had trouble finding "anything" good in him.

I am not blind to anyone. I do not support Biden blindly. I expect him to try to do what he says and that I agree with but if he does not accomplish it, I will criticize. Nonetheless, as long as he is moving us forward, I will support him. If he starts to move us backward, I will stop supporting him. More good or more bad as seen from the line drawn is what I seek. That is humanity. If you expect perfection from anyone, you will always be disappointed.

Okay, enough said. But would you vote for the other party's candidates? I think not. So it's back to rhetoric.

Okay, enough said. But would you vote for the other party's candidates? I think not. So it's back to rhetoric.

I vote for people. I would have no problem in voting for someone like Kasich. I am a people person and vote for competency in most cases. Party ideals are different but ultimately they are try to benefit the nation though in different ways. When a caring person is in charge, any changes that occur due to the party ideals will not harm the nation for more than 4 or 8 years. If bad, they will be reversed with the next administration. In the case of a sociopath like Trump, he has caused and will continue to cause permanent damage to the nation that will not be fixes easily or in a short period of time, and may never be fixed. What trump has already done is stimulating further disunity between the parties will not be solved by Biden or even by the next 4 presidents put together. He has created such a deep chasm, that it is now impossible to build any kind of a bridge between the parties. Distrust and hate between the two is now permanent or certainly long term.

I vote for people. I would have no problem in voting for someone like Kasich. I am a people person and vote for competency in most cases. Party ideals are different but ultimately they are try to benefit the nation though in different ways. When a caring person is in charge, any changes that occur due to the party ideals will not harm the nation for more than 4 or 8 years. If bad, they will be reversed with the next administration. In the case of a sociopath like Trump, he has caused and will continue to cause permanent damage to the nation that will not be fixes easily or in a short period of time, and may never be fixed. What trump has already done is stimulating further disunity between the parties will not be solved by Biden or even by the next 4 presidents put together. He has created such a deep chasm, that it is now impossible to build any kind of a bridge between the parties. Distrust and hate between the two is now permanent or certainly long term.

That chasm you speak about was here long before Trump. He may have widen it. I think it began in the 1990's and was enhanced when Reid, McConnell and now Schumer took over leadership roles in the senate. You know full well Daschle and Lott, Mitchell and Dole, even Byrd and Baker wouldn't even have dreamed of using the nuclear option, let alone being the first one to use it setting a precedence for future use.

I think this all started with the Hastert rule and went from there, it got bad under Bush, pretty darn bad under Obama and is now a danger to this nation under Trump. I would say this polarization and mega, ultra partisanship had it's beginnings in the 90's. Certainly not the 1980's as Reagan and Tip O'Neal were legends of working together with the art of compromise and playing the game of give and take. I believe sanity still reigned in the senate with Daschle and Lott, but Hastert sowed the seeds and they bloomed very fast in the House. Then Reid and McConnell brought those full grown plants into the senate.

My opinion anyway. I also think Trump is a result of what proceeded him in this modern political era of polarization, mega, ultra high partisanship. Biden had a long history as a senator working across the aisle and many forget that it was Biden as VP who worked out the compromise with McConnell over the debt ceiling shutdown. I would say that Biden should bring some sanity back to Washington. How successful he will be working with this new breed of Republicans in congress remains to be seen. The old guard of GOP'ers, Biden would have been plenty successful. So we'll see.

Like you I don't see this era of polarization and partisanship ending anytime soon. The longer that continues, the faster we'll become a has been nation.

Regardless, I still think platforms are useless.

Did you read the 2016 platform?

What you posted here is exactly my point. It talks about supporting Trump and not about supporting a Republican agenda.

Did you? Its 60 pages and talks about all sort of stuff. The word Trump doesnt appear anywhere in the platform except the resolution where they say a platform committee would have reasserted support for him. Are we looking at different docs or something? Click the resolution link in the fox article.

That chasm you speak about was here long before Trump. He may have widen it. I think it began in the 1990's and was enhanced when Reid, McConnell and now Schumer took over leadership roles in the senate. You know full well Daschle and Lott, Mitchell and Dole, even Byrd and Baker wouldn't even have dreamed of using the nuclear option, let alone being the first one to use it setting a precedence for future use.

I think this all started with the Hastert rule and went from there, it got bad under Bush, pretty darn bad under Obama and is now a danger to this nation under Trump. I would say this polarization and mega, ultra partisanship had it's beginnings in the 90's. Certainly not the 1980's as Reagan and Tip O'Neal were legends of working together with the art of compromise and playing the game of give and take. I believe sanity still reigned in the senate with Daschle and Lott, but Hastert sowed the seeds and they bloomed very fast in the House. Then Reid and McConnell brought those full grown plants into the senate.

My opinion anyway. I also think Trump is a result of what proceeded him in this modern political era of polarization, mega, ultra high partisanship. Biden had a long history as a senator working across the aisle and many forget that it was Biden as VP who worked out the compromise with McConnell over the debt ceiling shutdown. I would say that Biden should bring some sanity back to Washington. How successful he will be working with this new breed of Republicans in congress remains to be seen. The old guard of GOP'ers, Biden would have been plenty successful. So we'll see.

Like you I don't see this era of polarization and partisanship ending anytime soon. The longer that continues, the faster we'll become a has been nation.

Regardless, I still think platforms are useless.

I agree with you that Trump was not the cause, just like he was not the cause of the corona virus. Nonetheless, he has been a catalyst for things going over the top. Catalysts are what make bad things become chaotic or disastrous and past the possibility of repair.

I am well aware of catalysts as a stock trader. Things go into a trend (up or down) but then one word, one action, one person saying something or appearing at a pivotal time and doing something and suddenly things go catastrophic and break totally.

That is where we are (at the end of the road) and because of Trump, there is no possibility of repair. In addition and also because of Trump, Biden (or anyone else) will not be successful in repairing this. Erasure and start from anew from the ashes is now the only solution. Biden or someone else could extend the inevitable but things are now broken beyond repair.

Did you? Its 60 pages and talks about all sort of stuff. The word Trump doesnt appear anywhere in the platform except the resolution where they say a platform committee would have reasserted support for him. Are we looking at different docs or something? Click the resolution link in the fox article.

Yes, I read it and it is my point. It is 60 pages of resolutions and there is nothing about Trump. This year, it is one page and Trump is everywhere. That is my point in the OP.

I agree with you that Trump was not the cause, just like he was not the cause of the corona virus. Nonetheless, he has been a catalyst for things going over the top. Catalysts are what make bad things become chaotic or disastrous and past the possibility of repair.

I am well aware of catalysts as a stock trader. Things go into a trend (up or down) but then one word, one action, one person saying something or appearing at a pivotal time and doing something and suddenly things go catastrophic and break totally.

That is where we are (at the end of the road) and because of Trump, there is no possibility of repair. In addition and also because of Trump, Biden (or anyone else) will not be successful in repairing this. Erasure and start from anew from the ashes is now the only solution. Biden or someone else could extend the inevitable but things are now broken beyond repair.

You could be right. Until those in both parties get off their very partisan high horses and realize they have to work together to keep this country moving forward, perhaps we are doomed. This Pandemic should have brought both parties together, sitting down and working out a plan to combat it. Not each going off in its own direction and each blaming the other. I'm not placing blame here, but it seems it has become more important to stop the other party from accomplishing anything at all than it is to work for the good of the country.

I'm totally disgusted with both major parties. Party leaders of the past would have had something worked out on this second relief bill long ago. They would have realized they aren't going to get everything they want and to get most of what they want they would have to give some things up.

Trump reminds me of the incompetent emperors Rome had in its last days. While the Barbarians were at the gate of Rome, you had generals, fighting among themselves to be come the next emperor instead on concentrating on the Barbarians which sacked Rome and ended the western empire altogether. Trump the incompetent emperor, the leaders of both parties the generals fighting for power while the U.S. goes down the tubes.

Yes, I read it and it is my point. It is 60 pages of resolutions and there is nothing about Trump. This year, it is one page and Trump is everywhere. That is my point in the OP.

I dont know what to tell you. Youre clearly looking at the wrong document.

You could be right. Until those in both parties get off their very partisan high horses and realize they have to work together to keep this country moving forward, perhaps we are doomed. This Pandemic should have brought both parties together, sitting down and working out a plan to combat it. Not each going off in its own direction and each blaming the other. I'm not placing blame here, but it seems it has become more important to stop the other party from accomplishing anything at all than it is to work for the good of the country.

I'm totally disgusted with both major parties. Party leaders of the past would have had something worked out on this second relief bill long ago. They would have realized they aren't going to get everything they want and to get most of what they want they would have to give some things up.

Yes. They apparently hate each other more than they love our country. Compromise? Only after the other guys do _____. Or, as I've read so many times at DP, why should we be the ones to compromise?

Back
Top Bottom