• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

No Parade for Troops Is Planned

This should be interesting.

Maybe warriors on his planet get free health care forever and he assumed it would be the same here.

My dad is a veteran. He gets no free heathcare from the VA.

I have two friends who are combat veterans. Both of them get no free healthcare from the VA.

looks like we have been exposed to just another lie.

My dad is a veteran. He gets no free heathcare from the VA.

I have two friends who are combat veterans. Both of them get no free healthcare from the VA.

looks like we have been exposed to just another lie.

Only because they didn't go get it, or they make too much money and can't qualify.

Only because they didn't go get it, or they make too much money and can't qualify.

If they were combat as he claimed, they are eligible, otherwise, they are priority 7 if they are and only if they are low income. I have a full VA ride, but as a gentleman of means, I leave the resources for my brothers and sisters who need it more.

Last edited:
I donate a ton of my money to help my fellow veterans. Sorry you find a parade so offensive.

A lot of my money is already tied up supporting The Wounded Warriors Project.

I don't think it's too much to ask, for the government to foot the bill for an appropriate welcome home for our soldiers. Afterall, it was the government that sent them.

The money that was pissed away on Solyndra would have been more th enough.

Ain't it funny to hear tax and spend Libbos cry about spending money on a welcome home parade for our soldiers?

A lot of my money is already tied up supporting The Wounded Warriors Project.

I've worked closely both personally and through my company with the WWP since it's inception, See about donating time as well as money, It's very very worth it.

I don't think it's too much to ask, for the government to foot the bill for an appropriate welcome home for our soldiers. Afterall, it was the government that sent them.

The money that was pissed away on Solyndra would have been more th enough.

Ain't it funny to hear tax and spend Libbos cry about spending money on a welcome home parade for our soldiers?

Exactly.

I think this entire thread is disgusting. All of you just need to remember one thing. Every single veteran coming back from Iraqi is more man than you could ever hope to be unless you did the same yourself. Most especially though Thunder. We need to take care of our vets in anyway possible, and make sure they know they are appreciated on Veterans Day.

I think this entire thread is disgusting. All of you just need to remember one thing. Every single veteran coming back from Iraqi is more man than you could ever hope to be unless you did the same yourself. Most especially though Thunder.....

perhaps you're projecting your own failures on to me?

Parade or no parade, does it matter?
I highly doubt( as a veteran of the British army) that soldiers would wish to spend 2 days practicing for and a full day engaging in a parade!!
I reckon they would sooner get back home to their people!!!

Bingo! That is precisely the way American troops feel. I hated that crap. Just give me the time off. A lot of people don't realize that being in a parade is largely a pain in the ass/arse and requires a day or two of drill prior to spending a day in a parade. No thanks.

My dad gets no benefits.

Was he a combat vet, did he serve 20 years?

If the answer is no, there, is your answer.

My two combat veteran friends get no benefits.

What theaters of operation and what missions did they serve in?

Perhaps it is you, who is full of it. ;)

I linked you to the VA, you can stand as usual in embarrassing denial and begin your antics as you wish, but it is clear, you sir, are prevaricating.

Was he a combat vet, did he serve 20 years?

If the answer is no, there, is your answer.....

oh, so you have to be a combat veteran of 20+ years to get lifetime healthcare???

Apdst didn't say that, now did he?

My dad served in Europe for three years, one friend was in Iraq with the Air Force and the other was a Marine, though I'm not sure where.

Apdst said that military veterans get lifetime healthcare. He was wrong.

Case closed.

Give them jobs. Health care for life. A roof. Not torn up paper and a bunch of strangers hollering at them with smiles on their faces.

They already have healthcare for life.....

No Apdst, as the good Rev. has shown us, veterans of the Iraq & Afghan wars do NOT get healthcare for life.

Bingo! That is precisely the way American troops feel. I hated that crap. Just give me the time off. A lot of people don't realize that being in a parade is largely a pain in the ass/arse and requires a day or two of drill prior to spending a day in a parade. No thanks.

Actually most get the time off, it's the bands and the honor guards that perform in the parades, If you are one of the ones to stand and walk for your brothers and sisters, you really shouldn't consider it a hassle......

We were in a bar. lol. But I appreciated it all. it was quite the party. :shrug:

No Apdst, as the good Rev. has shown us, veterans of the Iraq & Afghan wars do NOT get healthcare for life.

Stop lying dude. seriously, I never said that and in fact proved you wrong. Oh wait, you are doing your little games again. we are talking combat veterans. who do get healthcare for life along with those who retire from service. Your daddy, thank him for his service, but those who were in harms way should get the benefits before him.

Your other two friends? Either you or they are lying.

Your games are so intellectually wanting.

Stop lying dude. seriously, I never said that and in fact proved you wrong. Oh wait, you are doing your little games again. we are talking combat veterans. who do get healthcare for life along with those who retire from service. Your daddy, thank him for his service, but those who were in harms way should get the benefits before him.

Your other two friends? Either you or they are lying....

its quite ironic that YOU are accusing anyone of lying, considering your many dishonest posts.

however, I shall contact my two combat veteran friends, and ask them if they are currently receiving free healthcare for life from the VA, or if they have been made aware of their eligibility.

I suspect that you are of course wrong, but I'll ask anyways.

perhaps you're projecting your own failures on to me?

If a guy is willing to go to a place that is hotter than he could have imagined, in a land where most of the people despise him because he thinks what he is doing will make the world a better place, if it really does or not then yeah he is a bigger man than you or me. You come on this board and all you do is talk about others failings, and while I am sure you do respect the military you come off as incredibly disrespectful and I do not like that. My post while, I did specifically direct it towards you is also directed to adpst and reverend as they could stand to show some restraint in the issue as well and just remember that while they may not get a VJ Day styled Parade that these men and women are always in the hearts and minds of Americans, I donate what I can to veterans. I was at Tractor and Supply a few months ago looking for a new Carthartt and an older fellow was in there for the vets. I bought my daughter a few little horse toys just so I could break a 50 to give him $10. It isn't much, but you need to show a bit more respect, and I can respect the decision not to throw parties for the vets, people also have to remember the vets are typically well taken care of when they come back, healthcare for life or not.

its quite ironic that YOU are accusing anyone of lying, considering your many dishonest posts.

however, I shall contact my two combat veteran friends, and ask them if they are currently receiving free healthcare for life from the VA, or if they have been made aware of their eligibility.

I suspect that you are of course wrong, but I'll ask anyways.

Veteran's Medical Benefits Package | Military.com

This is how it works, your "friends" have thier free benefits extended 5 years.

You really aren't worth the time, if you want an answer from me, refer to my links.

...This is how it works, your "friends" have thier free benefits extended 5 years.....

5 years??? not for life?

than wtf are you attacking me for criticising Apdst's claim????

Apdst claimed the vets get lifetime free healthcare. I demand evidence. You attack me and provide evidence that he is in fact...wrong?

so why are you attacking me? what's the explenation for your failed attempt to provoke me?

your priorities in this thread are wack.

Post a link that proves they are disqualified. Thanks in advance.

That's ****ed up! It sucks when history repeats itself like this.

If by repeating you mean the Iraq war was for nothing like the Vietnam war you are right And that's why no parade for Iraq vets either. The troops did the job asked by their Commander in Chief, that's all. I doubt many vets want recognition for something so wrong, they are just glad it's over.

Back
Top Bottom