• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

No Muslim No Cry…

D

Dinara

That’s exactly how I understand the US authorities’ current policy towards the Muslim people living within the States. And the shameful bus ads in NYC (FOXNews.com - 'Leaving Islam?' NYC Bus Ads Targeting Disenfranchised Muslims), targeting us, Muslims, to leave Islam, perfectly confirms the fact that it turns easier for the American governments to crush Islam than to work and to solve the problems of Muslims’ integration in the American society. You must admit that Geller’s provocative slogans nicely fit the White House’s policy - “the less Muslims we have, the better we’re”, so I shouldn’t wonder if the advertising campaign was organized on the tip of some special services. As for me, it seems that surely it was…
Here, in States, we were and we are strangers. And it’s a pity.. But do you understand how I, we, all Muslims living here, feel all the scowling glances in the streets? How we feel when for months of trying to get a job, regularly we get the mitten just because we’re Muslim? Do you understand how it is to feel yourself as a social outcast!?
Finally, I’ve visited noted in the ads RefugefromIslam.com where it is written in black and white: “We fight the Sharia law”. That’s a high rate anti-Islamic organization!

In America we have free speech, and those organizations are for people who want to leave Islam. No one is forcing them to. Obama called the United States a "Muslim nation" in his speech in front of Middle Eastern delegates. I go to a Christian university and we have Muslim students who are allowed to wear the burkha and practice their religion freely. Muslims can live freely here, but so can everyone else. The American government also doesn't fund or own that organization geared toward helping people who are leaving Islam, it's a private organization and not a government one. Anyone who scowls at you is wrong. Sadly we do have racists and anti-Islamic bigots who associate all terrorism with all Muslims, and this is wrong and those individuals are very wrong for acting and believing that way.

Last edited:
Somebody actually said "the less Muslims we have, the better we’re."?? Who the hell talks like that? It looks weird enough when its written and at least then you know is "we're" and not "were," but it would sound 100 times worse than it looks written.

Somebody actually said "the less Muslims we have, the better we’re."?? Who the hell talks like that? .

I'm appalled by the poor grammar, too.

Even had this person used the word "fewer", though, the opnion wouldn't read much better.

There is nothing wrong with that...of course the outcry is expected as Christians have done the same thing when billboards promoting Atheism were put up.

I find that the US as well as a number of European Nations are welcoming of the adherents of any Religion.
I know for a fact that most Muslim nations forbid other religions being practiced within their borders and actually have in instances killed/Murdered those who practice other beliefs.

The fact that the US permits, one may even say, welcomes people with other religious beliefs, is commendable, the fact that certain of these Immigrants then seek to alter US society to suit their own beliefs, is less commendable.

I do not believe that the US should change to suit these immigrants beliefs, nor do i believe that they should change their beliefs to suit the US, what I do say is that they should live within the rules that the US has set itself to live by.

Do I look upon ALL Muslim as being Terrorists, probably not, but pose the question a slightly different way, such as, Do I look upon ALL Muslim as being potential Terrorists, then my answer to that would be, possibly yes.

Dinara - I agree with you that the organization which paid for those ads is founded on bigotry and rooted in hatred.
But they are very separate from the government.
They also don't speak for all of the other conservatives.

But do you understand how I, we, all Muslims living here, feel all the scowling glances in the streets? How we feel when for months of trying to get a job, regularly we get the mitten just because we’re Muslim? Do you understand how it is to feel yourself as a social outcast!?

Everyone can identify with that in some way at some point in their life.

Dinara - I agree with you that the organization which paid for those ads is founded on bigotry and rooted in hatred.
But they are very separate from the government.
They also don't speak for all of the other conservatives.

Everyone can identify with that in some way at some point in their life.

How would you know that this organisation is rooted in bigotry and hatred? Are they bigots because they are trying to encourage muslims to leave Islam?

That’s exactly how I understand the US authorities’ current policy towards the Muslim people living within the States. And the shameful bus ads in NYC (FOXNews.com - 'Leaving Islam?' NYC Bus Ads Targeting Disenfranchised Muslims), targeting us, Muslims, to leave Islam, perfectly confirms the fact that it turns easier for the American governments to crush Islam than to work and to solve the problems of Muslims’ integration in the American society. You must admit that Geller’s provocative slogans nicely fit the White House’s policy - “the less Muslims we have, the better we’re”, so I shouldn’t wonder if the advertising campaign was organized on the tip of some special services. As for me, it seems that surely it was…
Here, in States, we were and we are strangers. And it’s a pity.. But do you understand how I, we, all Muslims living here, feel all the scowling glances in the streets? How we feel when for months of trying to get a job, regularly we get the mitten just because we’re Muslim? Do you understand how it is to feel yourself as a social outcast!?
Finally, I’ve visited noted in the ads RefugefromIslam.com where it is written in black and white: “We fight the Sharia law”. That’s a high rate anti-Islamic organization!

Do you feel the same way about NYC bus ads by various atheist groups targeting Christianity?

How would you know that this organisation is rooted in bigotry and hatred? Are they bigots because they are trying to encourage muslims to leave Islam?

Not encouraging but spreading hatret. lying about the religion. thats unfair. Islam is hatret, Islam is evil blah blah blah. It is more than encouraging.

The United States is very different from Middle Eastern countries in that we have broad freedom of speech. The fact that a group is targetting Muslims and, as you see it, 'encouraging them to leave their faith,' only reflects on our government in that groups can say that. They are exercising their freedom of speech.

Every group of people who have immigrated to the US have been the targets of discrimination in the United States. My grandmother told me stories of how Italians were scoffed at and ridiculed. Many Italians changed their last names so that they wouldn't be readily identified as Italian. Same for Polish people. Google "Polish jokes" some time and see what comes up.

Muslims in the U.S. now are trailblazers for those who will come after. And it's an uphill trail they're blazing because of 9/11 -- because of radical factions -- because of a very different set of cultural beliefs. If you have come to the United States to make this your home because you love this country and what it represents, then know that this, too, shall pass.

Seems this was a drive by shooting.

The United States is very different from Middle Eastern countries in that we have broad freedom of speech.

As far as I know in US you can't argue about Armenian genocide and Holocasust. For example if you denie them you are fined as it is in EU. Am I correct?

As far as I know in US you can't argue about Armenian genocide and Holocasust. For example if you denie them you are fined as it is in EU. Am I correct?

Nope. People may find your arguments ridiculous. Congress has a certain hesitation about bringing up the Armenian genocide in order to placate the Turks. YMMV.

Nope. People may find your arguments ridiculous. Congress has a certain hesitation about bringing up the Armenian genocide in order to placate the Turks. YMMV.

What if Congress accept it as Genocide?
Denial will be categorized as an insult to someone national values?

Not encouraging but spreading hatret. lying about the religion. thats unfair. Islam is hatret, Islam is evil blah blah blah. It is more than encouraging.

That's an assumption, if you look at the adverts, the organisation were offering support to muslims that want to leave Islam.... Freedom from religion and making accusations about the nature of a religion, are two different things....

That's an assumption, if you look at the adverts, the organisation were offering support to muslims that want to leave Islam.... Freedom from religion and making accusations about the nature of a religion, are two different things....

I don't call it accusation about the nature of a religion, I call it spreading hatret. If the target is people who choose Islam, It is more than accusation. Why should a person need support to change their religion?

Yet there are normal missioners, who distribute Bible on the streets. If one say, you believe in hatret, you should be a peacefull person, it is not respectfull way of communications. One should introduce Christianity in fair ways.

I just use my right to disaprove, Atacking competitive religion in this way as a marketing strategy is spreading hatret in my sense. They market Islam as evil, or call it accusation which is the same way of marketing. It is not communication. It is unfair competition.

I find most of the accusations ridiculous. I want to adhere their ridiculity to their ignorance not to their hatret (if they have). They can decive muslim people who has not much informations about their religions.

Last edited:
It's just an ad.
No big deal.

Y'know... when y'all are getting your way in so many things all over the place... I have a hard time working up any sympathy about this little issue.

This is America. People pretty much say whatever they want. Deal with it.

''deal with it''

making fun of Hz. İsa (Jesus) in movies, series etc. is freedom. ''insulting'' Hz. Muhammed is freedom. insulting Islam is freedom. those could be 'freedom' in Usa and some countries, but not in Islamic world, btw, do you know the meaning of 'respect' ?

Wouldn't matter, because of the U.S constitutional guarantee on free speech.

Hopefully it is different than French guarantie on freedom of speech. Are there any constitutional limit to it. For example can anybody support terrorism and say "long live al queda" in US parlemento or congress?

''deal with it''

making fun of Hz. İsa (Jesus) in movies, series etc. is freedom. ''insulting'' Hz. Muhammed is freedom. insulting Islam is freedom. those could be 'freedom' in Usa and some countries, but not in Islamic world, btw, do you know the meaning of 'respect' ?

Bud, I'm a Christian. I don't like it when people disrespect Jesus publically, and I say so plainly, but I get told that its a free country with free speech and I just have to deal with it.

Well about 70-80% of Americans profess to be Christian, so if we have to just deal with it when people ridicule our relgion, I guess Muslims will have to do the same.

I tend to give most people a certain degree of respect. Muslims too, but you know since 9/11 that respect has been a little strained... maybe if more of y'all condemned the terrorists and extremists loudly and publically you'd get more respect.

Back
Top Bottom