• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No-life zone

Antiwar

Green Party progressive
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they're trying to turn the only habitable planet into a no-life zone.

Ahhh, you already knew that, you just don't want to worry about it (I don't blame you). I do worry about it, but probably not enough will be done to significantly change course. I've only barely dabbled in post-doom. That's where you try to get past the grief of humanity/society collapsing and move into acceptance.

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but they're trying to turn the only habitable planet into a no-life zone.

Ahhh, you already knew that, you just don't want to worry about it (I don't blame you). I do worry about it, but probably not enough will be done to significantly change course. I've only barely dabbled in post-doom. That's where you try to get past the grief of humanity/society collapsing and move into acceptance.

Antiwar:

Wise words which are generally unheeded. So erect a monument to the folly of biocide so that everyone who comes after humanity learns your lesson, because the humans aren't listening. Maybe the intelligent tardigrades, rats or cockroaches will better understand what you've been trying to make others understand. Apparently we're generally too stupid or too bestial to get your point. But I agree with you for whatever that's worth.

Now where did I put that fiddle?

Cheers, be well and stay alive.
Evilroddy.

Be of good cheer. Or try.

This, too, shall pass.
Furthermore: if you stop looking at media and concentrate on what is outside your own window: all is pretty much as it was yesterday.

people are making way too much out of this IMO. Sure its a big deal in Ukraine. And thats a shame. But no more a shame than Iraq, Afghanistan, etc.

And if the missiles do start flying...well what can we really do about that anyway?

Almost certainly there are billions of other habitable planets in the Universe .

But if you feel really precious about this one , join the Elites and help reduce population by up to 90% .

Although in practical terms the Maunder Solar Minimum should solve everybody's problems , though not quite how they hope .

So...? Any suggestions?

Who is "they" and what are "they" doing?

Almost certainly there are billions of other habitable planets in the Universe .

But if you feel really precious about this one , join the Elites and help reduce population by up to 90% .

Although in practical terms the Maunder Solar Minimum should solve everybody's problems , though not quite how they hope .
Monica33:

Just out of interest, which other inhabitable world are you a resident of as your comments here too often tend to be ... well ... otherworldly at times? ;)

Re: the Maunder Solar Minimum - the species and civilisation's survived the period 1645-1715 quite nicely if you recall.

Cheers and be well.
Evilroddy.

Last edited:
So...? Any suggestions?

The one 'post-doom conversation' I listened to said to enjoy life and be good. Be grateful if you were born with and live in a wealthy era/location that has modern conveniences such that we lived like royalty, in ways. Most of humanity wasn't so lucky, even in this day.

I still think we might make it, somehow.

That's unknown and many light years away, correct?

I'm reminded of an old Joe Walsh song (one word change): "Earth's been good to me, so far."

The one 'post-doom conversation' I listened to said to enjoy life and be good. Be grateful if you were born with and live in a wealthy era/location that has modern conveniences such that we lived like royalty, in ways. Most of humanity wasn't so lucky, even in this day.

I still think we might make it, somehow.
To a large extent the people who live in an area are responsible for their own welfare. What they permit to happen, who they allow to rule, what actions they take to force a better life for themselves.
America and countries like it didn't just happen. People fought and died, worked and explored, built and created.

Who is "they" and what are "they" doing?

'They' are whatever people make the big decisions on what systems we live in, and what our next big moves are.

'They' are whatever people make the big decisions on what systems we live in, and what our next big moves are.

In this case, "they" seem to be the additional 7 billion people or so that is enjoying the greatest comfort and wealth that ever blessed the human race in the history of this planet.

That enjoyment is the result of one, single cause: the exploitation and wide use of Fossil Fuels.

We have met the enemy and "they" are are us.

Can you link to any credible climate scientist that says all life on earth is going to be wiped out?

Can you link to any credible climate scientist that says all life on earth is going to be wiped out?

I probably could, easily, if I thought it was worth doing so.

In this case, "they" seem to be the additional 7 billion people or so that is enjoying the greatest comfort and wealth that ever blessed the human race in the history of this planet.

That enjoyment is the result of one, single cause: the exploitation and wide use of Fossil Fuels.

We have met the enemy and "they" are are us.

I'm sure some people were comfortable as the aircraft, boat, car etc they were in ended their lives.

The logic you used is disjointed.

I'm sure some people were comfortable as the aircraft, boat, car etc they were in ended their lives.

The logic you used is disjointed.

You are a seriously indoctrinated and unthinking Democrat.

I find you guys to be hilarious!

In fact credible climate scientists rarely if ever discuss all life on earth being wipe out due to climate change, They talk about human life being wiped out. Since that is our category....humans.....that should be a relevant consideration. I suspect if we could not live on this planet any longer, some number of mammals would also struggle.

As for "other planets" there is no serious discussion of that possibility in any amount of time that would change the dynamics of the climate change situation.

In fact credible climate scientists rarely if ever discuss all life on earth being wipe out due to climate change, They talk about human life being wiped out. Since that is our category....humans.....that should be a relevant consideration. I suspect if we could not live on this planet any longer, some number of mammals would also struggle.

As for "other planets" there is no serious discussion of that possibility in any amount of time that would change the dynamics of the climate change situation.

So, then, no link?

The propagandists you seem to think are scientists are charlatans.

We are cooler than the temperature peaks of any interglacial, including the current one, over the last half million years.

In terms of paleo climate, the Earth is cooler, much cooler, than the norm.

The lies you accept as science are lies from propagandists striving to deceive the weak minded.

You are a seriously indoctrinated and unthinking Democrat.

I find you guys to be hilarious!

Your logic and your labeling gun are way out of calibration.

Your logic and your labeling gun are way out of calibration.

You dismiss the role played by fossil fuels and their byproducts in the world we enjoy today.

That makes you an unthinking, logic free Democrat drone. I'm guessing that today and any day in your life, past, present and future, would be dramatically changed if you removed the use of fossil fuels from it completely.

My logic on this is pretty tight. I don't own a labeling gun.

You dismiss the role played by fossil fuels and their byproducts in the world we enjoy today.

That makes you an unthinking, logic free Democrat drone. I'm guessing that today and any day in your life, past, present and future, would be dramatically changed if you removed the use of fossil fuels from it completely.

My logic on this is pretty tight. I don't own a labeling gun.

You started off with a straw man argument. That straw man argument's assessment is incorrect. Sorry, but the rest of your comment is also incorrect, except for the second part that I highlighted.

Last edited:

You gotta break a few eggs to make an omelet.

So, then, no link?

The propagandists you seem to think are scientists are charlatans.

We are cooler than the temperature peaks of any interglacial, including the current one, over the last half million years.

In terms of paleo climate, the Earth is cooler, much cooler, than the norm.

The lies you accept as science are lies from propagandists striving to deceive the weak minded.
None the less, the glaciers are melting are they not? I could give a rats behind about 500,000 years ago. I care about whether homo sapiens will be able to habitate this planet 100 years from now.
Earth’s average land and ocean surface temperature in 2021 was 1.51 degrees F (0.84 of a degree C) above the 20th-century average.

It also marked the 45th consecutive year (since 1977) with global temperatures rising above the 20th-century average. The years 2013-2021 all rank among the ten-warmest years on record.

The Northern Hemisphere’s land and ocean surface temperature was also sixth highest on record, at 1.96 degrees F (1.09 degrees C) above average. Looking at the Northern Hemisphere’s land areas only, the temperature was third warmest on record, behind 2016 (second warmest) and 2020 (the warmest).

Ocean heat content which describes the amount of heat stored in the upper-levels of the ocean, was record high in 2021, surpassing the previous record high set in 2020. The seven highest OHCs have occurred in the last seven years (2015-2021). High ocean-heat content can contribute to sea-level rise.

And while we are at it, drought and famine due to CLIMATE CHANGE are on the rise, feeding hunger and migration rates and OH BY THE WAY feeding Putin's desire to conquer Ukraine. Vladimir Putin just loves your resistance to climate change. He appreciates your support.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom