• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Laughs at this year’s Correspondents Dinner

Using hindsight is nifty but was not available prior to the 2016 POTUS election. The bottom line is that Hillary was not a very impressive or energetic candidate who (mostly) assumed that she would easily beat some outsider like Trump just by being the more liberal, spending more and touting her experience.

Oh I know she's not a good candidate. My question was directly a hindsight scenario on purpose. At this point, with this track record, do people who worried about a Hillary presidency still think she'd have been worse?

Maybe a topic for another thread.

This has been discussed ad nauseum....

Trump was the anti Hillary....

And a lot of his votes were actually votes against her

That was why Trump was elected...because the other party put up an even worse candidate

God help us...I don’t know how that was possible but it was....a choice between a **** sandwich and a pile of dung

We were going to lose with either choice....

So I punted and voted none of the above

Oops...I was kidding about the seriously part. :) Sorry...too subtle.

Of course you're right, they were both bile. Personal priorities would dictate which fecal buffet one would opt to vote for...were I American, my stool sample soup would have been Clinton, but only because I am quite certain I couldn't handle the pinched loaf that is Trump. :lol:

Oh I know she's not a good candidate. My question was directly a hindsight scenario on purpose. At this point, with this track record, do people who worried about a Hillary presidency still think she'd have been worse?

Maybe a topic for another thread.

Please run Hillary for POTUS again to find out for sure.

Please run Hillary for POTUS again to find out for sure.

I hope not. Though I think she'd make a much better president than candidate.

Trump and the right-wing's inability to laugh at themselves is legendary. It make them even more of a national joke.

Trump is an advanced case. Consider in this context the contrast he makes with the two emotionally secure guys who preceded him.

This being a White House that can’t take a joke, the sponsors of this year’s Correspondents Dinner have decided to do without a comic for the first time in sixteen years, prompting our humor challenged President to tweet the cancellation is because of Michelle Wolf “bombing” at last year’s dinner. Yes, she bombed herself into instant celebrity and her own Netflix series.

Bad idea of course to start a tweet war with Michelle, who shot back, “I bet you’d be on my side if I killed a journalist.” Whereupon Trump’s tweet gun fell silent.

The incident highlights the emotional impairment that prevents Trump from ever laughing at himself while constantly mocking and ridiculing others.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...espondents-dinner_us_5bf501a9e4b03b230f9cb196

Just as “Macbeth hath murdered sleep,” Trump hath murdered satire.

For example, it is hard to satirize a guy whose first comments at the UN produce laughter. How do you poke fun at that? Truth be told, however, comedians owe a lot to The Donald.

Trump is an advanced case. Consider in this context the contrast he makes with the two emotionally secure guys who preceded him.

I think trump's handlers saw that huge bomb he laid at that Al Smith Dinner prior to the election and said to themselves, "nope, he's not going to one of these things ever again!"

I think trump's handlers saw that huge bomb he laid at that Al Smith Dinner prior to the election and said to themselves, "nope, he's not going to one of these things ever again!"

I watched that bomb, and heard the groans.

I watch the Correspondents Dinner only because of the comedian.

I suspect that fewer people will be watching C-SPAN's coverage of the next Correspondents Dinner.

In fact, maybe the dinner should be a closed event only for members and their guests.

You all know damn well that if a comedian ripped a Liberal woman like that, you'd lose your ****. Anyone who says otherwise is lying.

Did you notice that there are not very many republican comedians. They don’t seem to have much of a sense of humor. Trump fits right in to that aspect of the party.

This being a White House that can’t take a joke, the sponsors of this year’s Correspondents Dinner have decided to do without a comic for the first time in sixteen years, prompting our humor challenged President to tweet the cancellation is because of Michelle Wolf “bombing” at last year’s dinner. Yes, she bombed herself into instant celebrity and her own Netflix series.

Bad idea of course to start a tweet war with Michelle, who shot back, “I bet you’d be on my side if I killed a journalist.” Whereupon Trump’s tweet gun fell silent.

The incident highlights the emotional impairment that prevents Trump from ever laughing at himself while constantly mocking and ridiculing others.

https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entr...espondents-dinner_us_5bf501a9e4b03b230f9cb196

Why would anybody give a **** about this?

Did you notice that there are not very many republican comedians. They don’t seem to have much of a sense of humor. Trump fits right in to that aspect of the party.

Virtually none. Political humor is a liberal domain.

Back
Top Bottom