• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No, I changed my mind, I don't want to reply to this post.... but maybe I want to reply to someone else downthread...

btthegreat

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So I have clicked on some trolls inanely stupid post. I decide there is no way I can phrase a reply that won't feed him dessert. Soo I want to undo that click that made the post available for replying and just move on downthread and reply to someone else. But none of the options include a 'cancel reply'? Am I crazy or isn't this a silly problem to have?

So I have clicked on some trolls inanely stupid post. I decide there is no way I can phrase a reply that won't feed him dessert. Soo I want to undo that click that made the post available for replying and just move on downthread and reply to someone else. But none of the options include a 'cancel reply'? Am I crazy or isn't this a silly problem to have?
Well here I am, trying to undo my post reply to this inanely stupid post by btthegreat. I see 'attach files', 'insert quotes' and 'post reply'. hmmm.. I'll just hit the back arrow

Ctrl-A
delete

Select everything and delete it. At least that's what I do. If you do post it, you can then delete it, but that's not what you're looking for.

Ctrl-A
delete

Select everything and delete it. At least that's what I do. If you do post it, you can then delete it, but that's not what you're looking for.
You are a genius. I hope this brilliance has paid for a resort in the Bahamas, and a mountain retreat in Switzerland.

Sometimes it will come back because it was autosaved as a draft, so do this too.
Screenshot_20210923-112648_Edge.jpg

It might be fun to have a thread of all of those posts where we pop off a comment and then decide nah...

It might be fun to have a thread of all of those posts where we pop off a comment and then decide nah...
I have wanted to create one where we put our posts we are most embarrassed or bemused by. A 'what was I thinking when I wrote that' thread, but I can't figure out what subforum it should go in, and I can't figure out how to stop other posters of a different ideological slant from contributing with their 'helpful suggestions'

Friends, it's reached the point where literally half the people in this forum are only here "for dessert".
No, not "the half on the Right"... it's not a L-R thing as much as it's a "I'm only here to **** with people" thing, and that includes people across the spectrum.

Delete draft?

Thanks.

Back
Top Bottom