• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Hero--Kahn Got His Bronze Star Because He Was a MUSLIM

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the rather emotional opinion of the Daily Mail writer, an embellishment.......NOT an official report.
Maybe I'm missing the "emotional opinion," but I only found praise for Captain Kahn in the article. Please copy and paste or clearly identify the excerpt that supports your OP.

The link clearly shows that a disproportionate number of Bronze Stars are being awarded to Muslims.......50% of the Dead Muslims are getting Bronze Stars.

That's incredible.......and yes, it IS proof.

Wow. Someone never heard Correlation =/= Causation. Jews are 'over-represented' in Congress, what's your answer to that? Is it inappropriate? Please do tell.

That's the rather emotional opinion of the Daily Mail writer, an embellishment.......NOT an official report.

Actually that was the report of Kahn's superior officers. Which is why he got the Bronze Star in the first place.

Kahn ordered others to take cover from danger, and moved forward to keep a potential VBIED from killing others, endangering and ultimately losing his life for others. The attempt now by Trumpkins to smear him is vile, and only reflects badly on them. Truly the VFW rebuke is earned, and Trump and his supporters make it easier for conservatives not to vote for him every day.

But hey Vox - how many tours did Orange Baby Dictator do? I seem to recall something about a problem with a foot (which one he can't remember) that miraculously healed so long as he no longer required it to dodge the draft....

You know, I'm old enough to remember way back in 2004 when Conservatives and Republicans thought that attacking the troops was dishonorable and wrong.

Wow. Someone never heard Correlation =/= Causation. Jews are 'over-represented' in Congress, what's your answer to that? Is it inappropriate? Please do tell.

Actually in this case there may be a connection. Like the Japanese who served in Europe in WWII, the Muslims that I've served with have usually shown an above-average determination to prove themselves. It is, after all, their faith and co-believers that the assholes we are fighting are abusing. Of the two who were in my platoon, both were awarded (deservedly) at various points for going above and beyond the call of duty, one at risk to his life, the other not (and so the other did not get a V).

Yup. There really is no low to which Trumpkins won't sink. Now they are attacking dead soldiers, because their parents became politically inconvenient for Trump.

Hopefully they try this mainstream, and the backlash is strong enough to get other GOP leaders to finally divest from this moral atrocity.

Well the Clintons are doing the same thing to the families of Benghazi so don't think there is higher ground on this issue, but that being said, I don't think there is any way to win an argument by attacking someone that died in the service of his country like this OP.

Whatever he may have did or not did is still more than you've done for this country, or no?

No, I'm retired military and I probably made more mistakes than him.......just not fatal mistakes like his.

AND........a Bronze Star. For bad judgement, it would seem--since there was no purpose in him failing to take cover and instead walking toward the car bomb.

It didn't PROTECT ANYONE, it just got him killed.

It's pretty vile IMO to attack a dead guy given these medals during the Bush administration as a pretty pathetic way to shift the focus from Trump being a f'ing moron and attacking his mother and father.

I'm surprised at the Kahn kerfuffle. Trump is being criticized on a rather silly basis.

The much-acclaimed Captain Kahn died for no good reason. He didn't "protect" anyone. Instead of taking cover like his comrades, he walked toward a suspected car-bomb for no good reason. A fatal mistake.

But he was awarded a Bronze Star medal--for a mistake. Why? Because he was a Muslim.

And, just in case you may not believe that he got a medal just because he was a Muslim.......we can show that out of ten Muslims killed in our recent wars--four got medals and since two were just accidental non-combat deaths, that means 50% of all Muslims that were killed received Bronze Star medals.

Dead white guys rarely get medals......and certainly not anywhere near 50% of them.

American Muslims who died fighting for their country after 9/11 revealed | Daily Mail Online

You're using a sample size of ten and cherry picking details among those ten to smear fallen American soldiers.

You should forward your speech to Trump so he can tweet it. I'm sure it would be really helpful for potential voters.

Do you have a copy of the official report?

Calling it laughable is no proof at all.

The only way you could legitimately challenge it is to show that dead white guys get Bronze Stars 50% of the time.

Whether the rate for Muslims serving is 1% or 99%, as compared to the rate for whites of 1% to 99%, doesn't actually serve as evidence that anyone's medal, white, Muslim, other, was or was not earned or that one person's achievements should have been honored but wasn't.

Actually in this case there may be a connection. Like the Japanese who served in Europe in WWII, the Muslims that I've served with have usually shown an above-average determination to prove themselves. It is, after all, their faith and co-believers that the assholes we are fighting are abusing. Of the two who were in my platoon, both were awarded (deservedly) at various points for going above and beyond the call of duty, one at risk to his life, the other not (and so the other did not get a V).

I agree that there is some merit and truth to what you say.......although not enough to account for Bronze Stars going to 50% of Muslims who died in action while a far lower percentage are given to the ordinary white guys who died in combat.

Vox, again, where exactly in the article that you posted in the OP did the Daily Mail writer give an "emotional opinion" criticizing Captain Kahn? I only see praise.

Well the Clintons are doing the same thing to the families of Benghazi so don't think there is higher ground on this issue

No, they aren't. I think it's pretty likely that Clinton lied to Patricia Smith and the other families, lied to their faces. But the Clintons aren't out there personally smearing them (although their supporters sure are).

The GOP gave Hillary Clinton the moral high ground on the troops FFS. How atrocious a GOP candidate do you have to be to screw up that badly?

that being said, I don't think there is any way to win an argument by attacking someone that died in the service of his country like this OP.

True enough.

Hey Vox - how many pumps did you have? Asking for a friend.

Whether the rate for Muslims serving is 1% or 99%, as compared to the rate for whites of 1% to 99%, doesn't actually serve as evidence that anyone's medal, white, Muslim, other, was or was not earned or that one person's achievements should have been honored but wasn't.

Right.

The reason his was unearned was because he walked toward a car bomber when he should have taken cover and engaged the car with his weapon.

Walking toward the car served no purpose and would not deter the driver at all. Opening fire on the car, on the other hand, could have prevented the explosion (which did kill and wound other personnel).

I'm surprised at the Kahn kerfuffle. Trump is being criticized on a rather silly basis.

The much-acclaimed Captain Kahn died for no good reason. He didn't "protect" anyone. Instead of taking cover like his comrades, he walked toward a suspected car-bomb for no good reason. A fatal mistake.

But he was awarded a Bronze Star medal--for a mistake. Why? Because he was a Muslim.

And, just in case you may not believe that he got a medal just because he was a Muslim.......we can show that out of ten Muslims killed in our recent wars--four got medals and since two were just accidental non-combat deaths, that means 50% of all Muslims that were killed received Bronze Star medals.

Dead white guys rarely get medals......and certainly not anywhere near 50% of them.

American Muslims who died fighting for their country after 9/11 revealed | Daily Mail Online

57339241130000f004381569.jpg

I agree that there is some merit and truth to what you say.......although not enough to account for Bronze Stars going to 50% of Muslims who died in action while a far lower percentage are given to the ordinary white guys who died in combat.

Well it probably accounts for some of it. My bet would also be that you see Muslim overrepresentation in the officer ranks, which is the actual identity group division that you should be looking for.

Kahn, by all accounts, acted bravely in the face of danger, protecting others by endangering his own life. To attack that in order to try to deflect trouble for a political candidate is vile, it is disgusting, and it is beyond the ****ing pale. I've been one of this forum's strongest, most active, and most consistent conservatives - I want nothing to do with a party that would spit on my fallen brothers like that.

Right.

The reason his was unearned was because he walked toward a car bomber when he should have taken cover and engaged the car with his weapon.

Walking toward the car served no purpose and would not deter the driver at all. Opening fire on the car, on the other hand, could have prevented the explosion (which did kill and wound other personnel).

You were there?

You realize, of course, that none of that, true or not, has any bearing at all on whether Khan did or did not deserve his medal.

Yup. There really is no low to which Trumpkins won't sink. Now they are attacking dead soldiers, because their parents became politically inconvenient for Trump.

Hopefully they try this mainstream, and the backlash is strong enough to get other GOP leaders to finally divest from this moral atrocity.

It's basically a game of "How low can we go?" for this election season.

Has anyone asked Bergdhal his thoughts on the subject?

Vox, again, where exactly in the article that you posted in the OP did the Daily Mail writer give an "emotional opinion" criticizing Captain Kahn? I only see praise.

Praise is an emotional response. The writer had a clear point of view and intent to make Kahn a hero.

Official reports are not so full of praise.

Captain Humayun S. M. Khan, 27, of Bristow, Virginia, died June 8, 2004, in Baquabah, Iraq, after a vehicle packed with an improvised explosive device drove into the gate of his compound while he was inspecting soldiers on guard duty.

When an orange-colored taxi drove toward them, Khan ordered his soldiers to "hit the dirt," said his father, who received details of his son's death from his commanding officer.

Khan walked toward the car, motioning for it to stop, his father said. A makeshift bomb inside it exploded, killing him and two Iraqi civilians in addition to the two suicide bombers. Ten soldiers and six Iraqi citizens were also wounded, the Army said.

In fact, he just made a mistake.

Humayun S. M. Khan, Captain, United States Army

Last edited:
The Trump attack bots are out in force....

Praise is an emotional response. The writer had a clear point of view and intent to make Kahn a hero.

Official reports are not so full of praise.

Captain Humayun S. M. Khan, 27, of Bristow, Virginia, died June 8, 2004, in Baquabah, Iraq, after a vehicle packed with an improvised explosive device drove into the gate of his compound while he was inspecting soldiers on guard duty.

In fact, he just made a mistake.

Humayun S. M. Khan, Captain, United States Army
If you'd served, as you claim, you would know to look at the award citation.

Yet, somehow, you don't.

Odd, that.

No.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom