• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No gaming allowed in blue states.

Fishking

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian - Right
So, apparently, there are a handful of blue states that won't let the lowly peasants use a little more electricity for their entertainment if it involves video gaming. They say it uses too much power. The states that have restrictions are California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont and Washington. Of course, Hollywood, Silicon Valley, elite politicians, and so on are allowed to guzzle down tons of power with their industries, mansions, ect. It's just not allowed for the serfs.

Leftist fascism.png

So, apparently, there are a handful of blue states that won't let the lowly peasants use a little more electricity for their entertainment if it involves video gaming. They say it uses too much power. The states that have restrictions are California, Colorado, Hawaii, Oregon, Vermont and Washington. Of course, Hollywood, Silicon Valley, elite politicians, and so on are allowed to guzzle down tons of power with their industries, mansions, ect. It's just not allowed for the serfs.

View attachment 67344921
What self-respecting gamer would spend $2k on a stock gaming computer from Dell? No other major computer companies have followed suit.

Last edited:
Also, what is leftist fascism. png?

FireShot Capture 877 - No gaming allowed in blue states. - Debate Politics - debatepolitics.com.png

What self-respecting gamer would spend $2k on a stock gaming computer from Dell? No other major computer companies have followed suit.
Uh, HP bought Omen awhile ago.

Also, what is leftist fascism. png?

View attachment 67344922
Because it's leftist fascism? People seem to forget the economic model of fascism being the state having strong controls over directing how businesses do things for the benefit of the state and therefor the people. They often only think of fascism as ethno-nationalism, when that's something that got tagged onto it.

Does it matter what people buy? Alienware is part of Dell and is one of the bigger out of the box gaming PCs. They are overpriced IMO, but that's irrelevant to the point.

Boy were they some overpriced pigs. Only a rube would fall for those lemons. Those States are doing their citizens a favor by banning them. I can build a better rig for half that price and there are no bans on components.

Yeah, get back to me when Blowout Pelosi starts pushing for "common sense energy efficiency standards" on her hair dryers.

Ahhh... Blame "it" on Pelosi, the only female Speaker in U.S. history, and history will thoroughly document her competence in
the face of RWE and Trumpist aggression and sabotage.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Natural gas companies were paid to turn off power during Texas winter storm: report
One striking revelation from the report involves ERCOT's Emergency ... impact) was in the millions of dollars, perhaps, in 2011,” King said.
1 week ago

‘The public is being left in the dark.’ Texas blocks records related to winter blackout
The April ERCOT report did not indicate whether the power plants ... “We don't yet know publicly whether the things that broke in 2011 ...
3 weeks ago

The issues that knot the panties of Trumpwashed extremists in a bunch!

The Trump party approach to electric utility regulation and management. :

San Antonio Current
As Texas raises death toll from February freeze, a study suggests lawmakers didn't fix root cause
As Texas raises death toll from February freeze, a study suggests lawmakers didn't fix root cause. Posted By Sanford Nowlin on Wed, Jul 14, 2021 ...
2 weeks ago

How Texas Failed to Protect Its Power Grid Against Extreme ...

https://dev.texasobserver.org/power...otect-its-power-grid-against-extreme-weather/
"Power companies get exactly what they want": How Texas repeatedly failed to protect its power grid against extreme weather" was first published by The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit, nonpartisan media organization that informs Texans — and engages with them — about public policy, politics, government and statewide issues.

Attachments

• 1627367363605.png
    1627367363605.png
    371 bytes · Views: 2
Last edited:
Because it's leftist fascism? People seem to forget the economic model of fascism being the state having strong controls over directing how businesses do things for the benefit of the state and therefor the people. They often only think of fascism as ethno-nationalism, when that's something that got tagged onto it.
You are projecting.

Donald Trump has blurred the line between populism and

and fascism in a dangerous way​

https://www.washingtonpost.com › outlook › 2021/07/09

Jul 9, 2021 — Populists traditionally abided by electoral results, while fascists scorned the will of the majority. Trump has changed that.

CPAC was about more than Trump's cult — it's now cemented ...

https://www.salon.com › ... › Amanda Marcotte's Articles
Mar 1, 2021 — Even scarier than Trump's personality cult, CPAC shows that Republicans' fascism deeper than Trump.

"...A 2020 study found that the 1978 energy code successfully reduced energy consumption, and that the implementation of the policy passed a cost-benefit test.[2] ...

History[edit]​

California was the first state to implement minimum energy efficiency standards in 1974. It was the first to establish an energy regulation commission – the California Energy Commission. These regulations and codes have been in effect since 1974. California has the lowest per capita energy consumption in the US,[3] .."

Last edited:
Ahhh... Blame "it" on Pelosi, the only female Speaker in U.S. history, and history will thoroughly document her competence in
the face of RWE and Trumpist aggression and sabotage.

Fort Worth Star-Telegram
Natural gas companies were paid to turn off power during Texas winter storm: report
One striking revelation from the report involves ERCOT's Emergency ... impact) was in the millions of dollars, perhaps, in 2011,” King said.
1 week ago

‘The public is being left in the dark.’ Texas blocks records related to winter blackout
The April ERCOT report did not indicate whether the power plants ... “We don't yet know publicly whether the things that broke in 2011 ...
3 weeks ago

The issues that knot the panties of Trumpwashed extremists in a bunch!

The Trump party approach to electric utility regulation and management. :

San Antonio Current
As Texas raises death toll from February freeze, a study suggests lawmakers didn't fix root cause
As Texas raises death toll from February freeze, a study suggests lawmakers didn't fix root cause. Posted By Sanford Nowlin on Wed, Jul 14, 2021 ...
2 weeks ago

How Texas Failed to Protect Its Power Grid Against Extreme ...

https://dev.texasobserver.org/power...otect-its-power-grid-against-extreme-weather/
"Power companies get exactly what they want": How Texas repeatedly failed to protect its power grid against extreme weather" was first published by The Texas Tribune, a nonprofit, nonpartisan media organization that informs Texans — and engages with them — about public policy, politics, government and statewide issues.
I don't know what that has to do with Pelosi, unless you're trying to highlight that as bad as that episode was, California's energy problems are, and have been, much worse.

This is an example of "strong controls"? One company limited sales of a few computers to six states. I think you need to brush up on fascism before you label anything else as fascism.

So, apparently, there are a handful of blue states that won't let the lowly peasants use a little more electricity for their entertainment if it involves video gaming. They say it uses too much power.
They won't "let" them?

What are these states doing?

Are jack-booted thugs busting down doors and seizing Playstations?

Oh, wait. California is telling everyone -- rich and poor -- to try and conserve energy, so that the electrical grid doesn't get overwhelmed by demand. Plus, yet another wildfire in Oregon could damage some energy imports.

It should go without saying that brownouts or blackouts during a heat wave are far, far worse than the horrors!!! of conserving electricity for a few days.

I mean... Are you genuinely saying that voluntary requests by a state to conserve power during a heat wave is a type of fascism? :unsure:

I assume you linked just a screenshot rather than any kind of real source so you could spin your own narrative regardless of the facts.

It appears there are regulations in these states though they've apparently only impacted a small number of Alienware's top-end machines. The idea that this is preventing people from video gaming is clearly false and the idea that this is targeted at "the lowly peasants" given we're talking about high-spec gaming machines many poorer people couldn't dream of affording.

I'm not sure how good an idea the policy is but I can understand and support the principle. There hasn't been much interest in energy efficiency in PC hardware, with the focus being pretty much exclusively on performance (or the numbers to create the appearance of performance) at any costs so it probably is an area of consumer electronics overdue a bit of pressure on this (as has already happened largely seamlessly with things like TVs and white goods). I'm not sure how it would work in practice though, given how variable PC builds can be and how they can easily be sold in parts rather than as a complete package.

I assume you linked just a screenshot rather than any kind of real source so you could spin your own narrative regardless of the facts.
Yes, I took a screen shot of their own site. There is no spin happening. There is only excuses being made by you. Probably should change your screen name.

Because it's leftist fascism?
Leftist fascism is an oxymoron.
Yes, I took a screen shot of their own site. There is no spin happening. There is only excuses being made by you. Probably should change your screen name.
I can walk into the Best Buy in Burbank California and purchase a gaming PC on the spot. If i want to pay $2k+ for a 1000Watt, 3080, i9, with 64GB of ram, a dual fan hydro CPU cooler, and an RGB case... it can be delivered to basically any address in the state of California. Or i could do the same online.

Thread failure is becoming more and more common with QOP supporters.

Boy were they some overpriced pigs. Only a rube would fall for those lemons. Those States are doing their citizens a favor by banning them. I can build a better rig for half that price and there are no bans on components.

Lol. This is a prime leftist tactic.

Some major negative effect of leftist policy emerges.

Leftist response: well it doesn’t matter anyway.

I bought a whole package from Dell sometime in 2003 i believe it was but ever since i got my Acer, theres no way in hell im going back.

They won't "let" them?

What are these states doing?

Are jack-booted thugs busting down doors and seizing Playstations?

Oh, wait. California is telling everyone -- rich and poor -- to try and conserve energy, so that the electrical grid doesn't get overwhelmed by demand. Plus, yet another wildfire in Oregon could damage some energy imports.

It should go without saying that brownouts or blackouts during a heat wave are far, far worse than the horrors!!! of conserving electricity for a few days.

I mean... Are you genuinely saying that voluntary requests by a state to conserve power during a heat wave is a type of fascism? :unsure:
Well it’s not voluntary, if you don’t conserve “voluntarily” they’ll start rolling blackouts

Lol. This is a prime leftist tactic.

Some major negative effect of leftist policy emerges.

Leftist response: well it doesn’t matter anyway.
I don't think encouraging more energy efficient computers to be sold is really "negative". Just look what the fuel economy standards have done for MPG. If you don't like them just learn how to build your own computer. That is what I do and it is not really difficult.

I don't think encouraging more energy efficient computers to be sold is really "negative". Just look what the fuel economy standards have done for MPG. If you don't like them just learn how to build your own computer. That is what I do and it is not really difficult.
The café standards lead to a massive Rise fuel consumption.

In any event, you people always have a response. The government failing in providing critical infrastructure is actually good for us! Who knew?

View attachment 67344921
At least they are inflicting such stupidity on their own for a change.

Back
Top Bottom